1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 19:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Were the writers of the NT aware of those OT texts?
    Do you think the writers of the NT aware of those OT texts?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 19:31
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Do you think the writers of the NT aware of those OT texts?
    Absolutely. And, boy oh boy, they must have been disappointed when the rabbi they so admired died.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 19:361 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Absolutely. And, boy oh boy, they must have been disappointed when the rabbi they so admired died.
    I imagine they were, but that is only half of the story. For when he rose from the dead and walked the earth with the disciples for 40 days, I imagine they were over joyed and their faith solidified. 😉
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 19:38
    I imagine they were, but that is only half of the story. For when he rose from the dead and walked the earth with the disciples for 40 days, I imagine they were over joyed and their faith solidified.
    Who wrote about how Jesus "rose from the dead"?
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 19:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who wrote about how Jesus "rose from the dead"?
    I'm really not interested in your exercise of futility, you know who wrote how Jesus rose from the dead. As I see it, either you believe or you dont, and you have stated you once did and now don't.
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Aug '16 22:291 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    To Christians here, what other gods have you learned about that you find interesting? Keep in mind that this thread is NOT some kind of trap. I'm genuinely interested in what other gods pique your interest, for whatever reason. I'm not asking in the sense that you actually believe in this other god, but only in the sense that you found this god to be inter ...[text shortened]... superhero aspects of his character. I found the 12 Labors of Hercules to be pretty fascinating.
    Ame no Uzume no Mikoto

EDIT: Not Christian, though. Was for most of my life.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 00:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    None.
    Was it not you who said that you had "studied" other faiths? Would that not count as piquing your interest?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 00:08
    I imagine they were, but that is only half of the story. For when he rose from the dead and walked the earth with the disciples for 40 days, I imagine they were over joyed and their faith solidified. 😉
    Half the story? What happened in Jesus' first 30 years?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 00:30
    I'm really not interested in your exercise of futility, you know who wrote how Jesus rose from the dead. As I see it, either you believe or you dont, and you have stated you once did and now don't.
    either you believe or you don't

The same can be said for any interesting supernatural beings that people perceive or hope exists.

If you weren't a Christian, which god would be the the next most interesting one?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 01:09
    Good to see Manny back and posting so much.....
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 01:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Half the story? What happened in Jesus' first 30 years?
    The prophecies spoken of by the prophets with regards to Jesus were OT, over 300.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 01:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]either you believe or you don't

The same can be said for any interesting supernatural beings that people perceive or hope exists.

If you weren't a Christian, which god would be the the next most interesting one?[/b]
    If not a Christian, I suppose the subject of God would interest me not... so I guess none.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 02:12
    If not a Christian, I suppose the subject of God would interest me not... so I guess none.
    You don't think people with other beliefs, other religions, non-Christian theists, are interested in "the subject of God"?
  14. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 02:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't think people with other beliefs, other religions, non-Christian theists, are interested in "the subject of God"?
    You asked me a question, I was responding for myself only.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 02:34
    You asked me a question, I was responding for myself only.
    Yes and I asked you a follow up question, which was do you think people with other beliefs, other religions, non-Christian theists, are interested in "the subject of God"? Your answer seemed to suggest that you don't, which would be peculiar when we consider that the majority of theists in the world are non-Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree