1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:023 edits
    @badradger

Christian astrophysics lol what an fing joke

Some non-Christian and atheist scientists have noticed that there seems to have been an intelligent calibration of the constants of the universe for the existence of higher life forms.

Laugh harder badradger.

The Universe: Past and Present Reflections
    Engineering and Science, 11/81, p8-12.

"Would you not say to yourself, 'Some super-calculating intellect must have designed the properties of the carbon atom, otherwise the chance of my finding such an atom through the blind forces of nature would be utterly minuscule. A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question.'"
    - Fred Holye

From http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Nave-html/Faithpathh/Hoyle.html
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:311 edit
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I didn't bother to time how long it'd take for you to dodge the question. Here it is again: If you don't think there are people on other planets why do you believe God will hang people out, burning, on chains, forever, as a warning to people on other planets?

Go get the famous quote.

My comment of years ago mentioned "other worlds". Other world ...[text shortened]... fined and judged in some similar way.

The ones presently so would be a deterrent in future ages.
    So  why do you believe God will hang people out on chains as a warning to people from other worlds if you don't believe there are people from other worlds?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:424 edits
    @FMF

Your implication is a false necessary relationship (not dichotomy).

That rebels will be witnessed as a deterrent in the future AS the evil angels in eternal chains today, is not an AUTOMATIC dogma insisting on extraterrestial life today or in the future. Such existence is speculative with me.

My grounds for saying evil angels are in eternal chains today is Jude 6.
    My grounds for saying confined (in some manner) punished rebels will be a deterrent in the future is Isaiah 66:22-24.

For as the new heavens and new earth, which I make remain before Me, declares Jehovah, So will your seed and your name remain,

And from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath all flesh will come to bow down before Me,
    says Jehovah.

Then they will go forth and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me; For their worm will not die, Nor will their fire be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all flesh. "

Believing these and other passages is by no means an automatic dogmatic insisted concept of life on other planets.

I don't know about ETs.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:45
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Your implication is a false dichotomy.

That rebels will be witnessed as a deterrent in the future AS the evil angels in eternal chains today is not an AUTOMATIC dogma of extraterrestial life today.

My grounds for saying evil angels are in eternal chains today is Jude 6.
    My grounds for saying confined (in some manner) punished rebels will be a deterrent in th ...[text shortened]... o means an automatic dogmatic insisted concept of life on other planets.

I don't know about ETs.
    So how can you believe BOTH things at the same time? That there ARE people from other worlds and there are NOT people from other worlds? Are the chains on this planet somewhere? Or are the chains on another planet?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:47
    @sonship said
    Secondly, powerful angels who were exceptionally evil WERE hung in eternal chains or eternal bonds already.
    When you talked about the people being hung out on chains on fire, you were lashing out at divegeester. Did you believe - at that moment - that divegeester was an "exceptionally evil powerful angel"?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:511 edit
    @FMF

My experience with you is that you argue more and more only to eventually say something like - "Well, I really don't care anyway."

So we can leave it right here.
    I don't see anything else going on except some word play.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:521 edit
    @FMF

When you talked about the people being hung out on chains on fire ...

Quote me on "people hung out in chains". Find the quote and highlight those exact words.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:56
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Quote me on "people hung out in chains". Find the quote and highlight those exact words.
    We've been through this two or three times before. Are the chains on this planet? If so, where?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 13:58
    @sonship said
    My experience with you is that you argue more and more only to eventually say something like - "Well, I really don't care anyway."
    Well, I don't believe what you believe, that's true. But the juxtaposition is interesting nonetheless. Did you believe - at that moment when you were lashing out at divegeester - that he was an "exceptionally evil powerful angel"? Is that why you said it?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 14:052 edits
    Divegeester,

What does it mean that God says there will be those against whom He will be "indignant forever?"
    Does that mean that there could possibly be people with whom God is indignant forever?

Malachi 1:4

Though Edom says, We are beaten down but we will return and build up the waste places; thus says Jehovah of hosts,

They will build up, but I will throw down; and they will be called the territory of wickedness and the people with whom Jehovah is indignant forever. "

While a Psalm 136 repeats that God's mercy endures forever could it be that some who refuse His mercy will suffer His being indignant against forever per Malachi 1:4 ?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 14:12
    @FMF

12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 14:13
    @FMF

13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 14:17
    We've been through all this before. You used the same tactic before too. On at least one occasion, you simply made yourself scarce for a couple of weeks after someone had gone to the trouble to dig it out, embarrassed - as you were - by both the hysterical ranting and the fact you had plagiarized it.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 14:21
    Along the same line of a Fine Tuned Galaxy, this Privileged Planet video is interesting.

I think we underestimate the centrality of humanity in the universe.
    God became a man.
    Man must be central, I think.

The Privileged Planet

YouTube&t=1249s
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 14:22
    sonship, are the chains here on planet Earth?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree