1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 20:04
    Astrophysicist discusses this with the problem of the Unlikelihood of visits to earth by Extra Terrestrial Life.

YouTube
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 23:50
    @sonship said
    Astrophysicist discusses this with the problem of the Unlikelihood of visits to earth by Extra Terrestrial Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKO12j_Ey8s
    I'll say this again: the method which scientists try to use to discover
    E.T. 's precludes them from understanding anything
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 01:461 edit
    @sonship said

I doubt that advanced space travel is possible. It may be in theory, but the amount of resources necessary to sustain a civilization technologically advanced enough to embark upon advanced space travel is more than any one planet can provide. Such civilizations will necessarily exhaust their resource base and collapse into ruin before being able to make that jump. I think you can run that scenario as many times as you like and it will turn out the same way each time.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 06:05
    @sonship said

Do you believe that there are beings on other worlds?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 06:08
    @sonship said

Christian astrophysics lol what an fing joke
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 06:18
    @sonship said

That YouTube video is over 3 hours long sonship. Do you really expect people to waste that much time just to understand what point it is you may or may not be making?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 08:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:021 edit

I tend to doubt it, at this time.
    Perhaps in the eternal age of the New Jerusalem when God makes a new heaven and a new earth and makes all things new (Rev. 21:1) , there may be other lives created.

My estimate is that we humans underestimate the importance of humans.

I think the universe was made for man though.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:05
    @divegeester
    That YouTube video is over 3 hours long sonship. Do you really expect people to waste that much time just to understand what point it is you may or may not be making?

How much people watch depends upon their capacity and interest. I watched for probably an hour and did not find it a waste of time. I heard Hugh Ross to the end except for a few moments when I drowsed off. And then the next speaker I only heard about fifteen minutes of. I may come back and finish that one at another time.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:146 edits
    Christian astrophysics lol what an fing joke.

badradger,

Where again did you get your doctor's degree in astrophysics?
    Oh, I see.

Okay, where did you get your higher degree in ... anything?
    Well have you reached,say, 8th grade history yet?

Have you heard of a man by the name of Isaac Newton?
    He was a theist I know.

Quotes from the writings of Isaac Newton below:

“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being … This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all; and on account of his dominion he is wont to be called Lord God.”

“When I wrote my treatise about our system, I had an eye upon such principles as might work with considering men for the belief of a Deity, and nothing can rejoice me more than to find it useful for that purpose.”

“The true God is a living, intelligent and powerful Being … He governs all things, and knows all things that are or can be done.”

“I don’t know what I may seem to the world, but, as to myself, I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”

Copied from The Faith Behind the Famous: Isaac Newton

https://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-30/faith-behind-famous-isaac-newton.html
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:22
    @sonship said

I tend to doubt it, at this time.
    Perhaps in the eternal age of the New Jerusalem when God makes a new heaven and a new earth and makes all things new (Rev. 21:1) , there may be other lives created.

My estimate is that we humans underestimate the importance of humans.

I think the universe was made for man though.
    If you don't think there are people on other planets why do you believe God will hang people out, burning, on chains, forever, as a warning to people on other planets?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:262 edits
    LOL!

I had my virtual stop watch out to see how long that would take.

lol.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:31
    @rwingett
    I doubt that advanced space travel is possible. It may be in theory, but the amount of resources necessary to sustain a civilization technologically advanced enough to embark upon advanced space travel is more than any one planet can provide. Such civilizations will necessarily exhaust their resource base and collapse into ruin before being able to make that jump. I think you can run that scenario as many times as you like and it will turn out the same way each time.

I thought your comment was interesting.

By the fastest rocket we can muster up today, nearly 100,000 years to get to the nearest star, four light years away.

I mean, How curious are you ?

I think they're going to have to send robots out there for the conceivable future.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:32
    @sonship said
    LOL!

I had my virtual stop watch out to see how long that would take.

lol.
    I didn't bother to time how long it'd take for you to dodge the question. Here it is again: If you don't think there are people on other planets why do you believe God will hang people out, burning, on chains, forever, as a warning to people on other planets?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:451 edit
    @FMF

I didn't bother to time how long it'd take for you to dodge the question. Here it is again: If you don't think there are people on other planets why do you believe God will hang people out, burning, on chains, forever, as a warning to people on other planets?

Go get the famous quote.

My comment of years ago mentioned "other worlds". Other worlds may or may not be other planets.

Secondly, powerful angels who were exceptionally evil WERE hung in eternal chains or eternal bonds already. They were from "other worlds" so to speak being from heavenly realms.

Jude 6 English Standard Version (ESV)

6 And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—

In principle I would expect any OTHER beings we don't know about who have rebelled against God to follow Satan, might be so confined and judged in some similar way.

The ones presently so would be a deterrent in future ages.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree