1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 04:53
    As usual I answered. You did not.
    As usual, I obliged you and you do not return the deed.

Around the third post you asked:
    Do you believe that there are beings on other worlds?

And my reply already was:

I tend to doubt it, at this time.
    Perhaps in the eternal age of the New Jerusalem when God makes a new heaven and a new earth and makes all things new (Rev. 21:1) , there may be other lives created.

My estimate is that we humans underestimate the importance of humans.

I think the universe was made for man though.

I don't expect you to return any clear response to me of questions I repeatedly ask you. Don't even think about it any more. You won't.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 05:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 05:17
    @sonship said
    Watch the video and you should understand what I meant by the window of time.

I would go find the precise number of minutes on that part of the discussion. But why? IF you really want to know you can watch the quite interesting discussion.

The universe, Ross says, about 15 some billion years old.
    Humans have not been around for all of that time.
    The window of time ...[text shortened]... ideal in several aspects, for us to learn and observe the most about the universe in which we live.
    I’m not watching your 3 hour video clip sonship.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 05:18
    @sonship said
    What impossible quandary am I in ?
    Every 6 moths or so trying to dodge your way out of a debate by having to ask for the proof of the post where you said:

“The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds”

Along with the ghastly classic:

“They (the lost) will glorify him (Jesus) in their endless woe”
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 06:422 edits
    @divegeester
    “The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds”

Where is the impossible quandary?

You're the one who relishes bringing these selected words up to me again and again and again. You're the one impossibly STUCK on the matter.

As I see your selection this time I do notice the words "the lost". The words "the lost" I do admit by implication definitely should include "lost" people.

The expression "chains of punishment" is an expression which simply means confinement. You relish to imagine that physical "chains" is the only meaning I could have had there.

The expression "chains of punishment" is a metaphor.

And I think you realize the ineffectiveness of your criticism so for extra backup you double up and include something else you hope will be an embarresment to me.

Ghastly of me ?

Well it may be ghastly. But it is ghastly according to the pure word of God. Daniel's prophesy says that some would be resurrected to reproach and eternal contempt.

"And many of those who are sleeping in the dust of the ground will awake, some to life eternal and some to REPROACH, TO ETERNAL CONTEMPT." (Daniel 12:2)

So what is wrong with me telling the truth as it is TOLD ME in Daniel 12:2 ?

You also have the lost glorifying God and His justice in Isaiah 66:22-24.

" For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I make remain before Me, declares Jehovah, So will you seed and your name remain (v.22) ...

Then they will go forth and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die, Nor will their fire be quenched;

And they will be an abhorance to all flesh."

Keep this post handy so you can check 6 months from now to see if these passages have disappeared from the word of God, leaving me in an "impossible quandary" again.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 06:53
    @sonship said
    Then they will go forth and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die, Nor will their fire be quenched;
    Aren't "carcasses" the corpses of dead people. Your belief is that these "carcasses" are alive and suffering torture?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 07:042 edits
    @FMF

Aren't "carcasses" the corpses of dead people. Your belief is that these "carcasses" are alive and suffering torture?

The passage does say "carcasses". However it also says -

"For their worm will not die, Nor will their fire be quenched;"

I do not have to understand the science of it in order to heed the ghastly WARNING of it, to not remain in rebellion against God.

A carcass still there to be seen which is not reduced to ashes after eons of burning ?

It communicates to me - a ghastly warning of eternal punishment.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 07:11
    @sonship said
    @FMF

The passage does say "carcasses". However it also says -

"For their worm will not die, Nor will their fire be quenched;"

I do not have to understand the science of it in order to heed the ghastly W ...[text shortened]... hes after eons of burning ?

It communicates to me - a ghastly warning of eternal punishment.
    Is "carcass" a metaphor then?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 07:13
    It says "carcasses" but it doesn't mean "carcasses". Your torturer god ideology relies on things like this?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 07:251 edit
    It says "carcasses" but it doesn't mean "carcasses". Your torturer god ideology relies on things like this?

You had your few minutes in the lime light. And as usual you got nowhere. Sorry Divegeester. He let you down again.

Probably the "impossible quandary" is getting FMF to understand anything in the Bible that he doesn't loath.

It communicates eternal punishment even though it mentions carcasses. Jesus seemed to take it so when He referred to the same passage in Mark 9:48.

But you know more than Jesus Christ (so you think) so you run with your interpretation.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 08:172 edits
    @sonship said
    You had your few minutes in the lime light. And as usual you got nowhere.
    So your torturer god ideology relies on little gimmicky things like the word "carcass" not meaning what the word "carcass" means? Or ignoring what a "worm" is or does or whether it can withstand fire. Or how a "Lake" is real and not a metaphor. But "chains" are a metaphor. Or how the opposite of "eternal life" is also "eternal life" ~ but a ghastly one where people are tortured by fire which doesn't destroy them. And so and so forth.

Yes, that's right. It's made up of a series of little ideology-driven decisions like that, stacked up one at a time upon one another, until you get to the demented violence that you seek because the theology you have memorized and internalized is not one you are even remotely able to stand back from and reflect upon ~ i.e. the inexplicable angry vengeful violence - in retaliation for a lack of belief or following the "wrong" religion ~ which you then declare to be the "perfect morality" - a stance you are singularly unable to defend, aside from trotting out intellectually weak variants of 'might is right' and 'because you say so'.

You think I get "nowhere" every time I engage you on this. I ~ on the other hand ~ think the incoherence of what you tout as "ultimate justice" ~ and the way it relies on lots of carefully spun interpretations of a word or two here, or a word or two there ~ is laid bare. You seem to think your little snippets of condescending banter disguise this. That is your prerogative.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 11:54
    @sonship said
    The expression "chains of punishment" is a metaphor.
    So your famous claim could be analysed as:

The [literal] lost [i.e.non-Christians] will be [promised intent] hung in [metaphorical] chains of punishment as a warning [threatening towards] those [literal] beings on other [literal] worlds [i.e planets, plural]

Correct?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 12:03
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Where is the impossible quandary?
    You're the one who relishes bringing these selected words up to me again and again and again. You're the one impossibly STUCK on the matter.
    The quandary sonship is that your version of Jesus and Christianity has no credibility; it's the same quandary that KellyJay an the other hell-fire doctrine adherents find themselves in here. Trying to preach-your-preach to people who find your idea of 'god' to be a monstrous tyrant. Eternal suffering destroys the gospel don't do see that? The persecution you probably feel you get in here is not because of the gospel or the name of Jesus (which are the only legitimate causes of persecution from a spiritual perspective); no you get challenged because your version of it all is ghastly, it paints the eternally merciful Christ as a flame-throwing vindictive sadist.

So you say you cannot see this.

So be it.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 13:017 edits
    no you get challenged because your version of it all is ghastly, it paints the eternally merciful Christ as a flame-throwing vindictive sadist.

There is not much of a challenge to the entire teaching of the Bible.

Watch this.

Paul says that those disobeying the gospel will pay the penalty of eternal destruction in Second Thess. 1:9. If eternal destruction means non-existence, then are all who have never been born and do not exist, paying the penalty of eternal destruction ?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 13:24
    @FMF

I don't bother reading your arguments sometimes FMF. That's because like I said, you argue and argue only to finally say that you don't care anyway.

Since I expect you to jump down that final escape hatch, why waste the time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree