1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 15:23
    I was wondering if any have had an "out of body" expereince and would like to share it? I haven't.
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 17:34
    Out of body experiences are merely very intense dreams.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 19:101 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    -or sometimes hallucinations from near-death experiences that temporarily cause oxygen deficiency in the brain.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 19:21
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    -or sometimes hallucinations from near-death experiences that temporarily cause oxygen deficiency in the brain.
    - or a result of a high dose of a dissociative drug.
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 19:55
    I have had dreams that caused me to awaken. I would not call that a out of body experience.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 21:45
    I had this one where I was looking down on my body while it was talking to some people. Strangely my voice sounded like when you listen to your voice recorded on a tape recorder . I was not "in my head" at all and just hovering above and observing myself (my physical body) and the whole scene . Probably about 1 - 2 feet above my head ,I was.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 22:46
    I have often heard the medical community say that, but it does not explain why so many have the same type of "hullicination"in these instances. It is a bogus theory IMO and as I have posted here before I have experienced this phenomenon personally.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 23:49
    A three year joint US UK scientific study into NDE's will end this Autumn, here's the link to a BBC webpage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7621608.stm

I like this bit -

The study, due to take three years and co-ordinated by Southampton University, will include placing on shelves images that could only be seen from above. To test this, the researchers have set up special shelving in resuscitation areas. The shelves hold pictures - but they're visible only from the ceiling.

This will test whether people are actually leaving their bodies, or whether it's all in the mind. As someone who has used hallucinogenic drugs, i am well aware of the power of the human mind. Personally i don't think anyone is really leaving their bodies.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 00:44
    Really. Is this why they often share the same elements?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 00:47
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A three year joint US UK scientific study into NDE's will end this Autumn, here's the link to a BBC webpage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7621608.stm

I like this bit -

[quote]The study, due to take three years and co-ordinated by Southampton University, will include placing on shelves images that could only be seen from above. To test this ...[text shortened]... he power of the human mind. Personally i don't think anyone is really leaving their bodies.
    I dunno. If I had an out-of-body experience where I saw my body being worked on by doctors, I don't think I would be looking at the tops of shelves, and if I did, I don't think I would remember the pictures.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 05:21
    I find that certain memories of past events are remembered in the third person. I think that in some cases it is because my memory is really built up not from direct experience by from photos and what people have told me about it. I find it happens more for events which were a sensation and other people talked about the event a lot, but which for some reason I don't directly remember.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 05:31
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I was wondering if any have had an "out of body" expereince and would like to share it? I haven't.
    One day when I was young and silly I was in a car with some associates, and I had a shot of heroine and collapsed.......when the persons could not revive me they opened the door of the car and pushed my body out onto the footpath and drove off.

I lay there for some time, with no breathing and no heart beat until a passing pedestrian saw me motionless and blue, they rang "000" and when the ambulance got there they performed the kiss of life along with some hard blows to my chest. I then woke up in hospital later on.

During that time I was fully aware that I was alive, but could not feel my body, and it was dark, there was no white light, but there was a distinct voice coming from that darkness prompting me to come with them.

I said a fearful "No thanks" and almost immediately awoke in hospital.

This is absolutely 100% true.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 06:46
    Originally posted by Dasa
    One day when I was young and silly I was in a car with some associates, and I had a shot of heroine and collapsed.......when the persons could not revive me they opened the door of the car and pushed my body out onto the footpath and drove off.

I lay there for some time, with no breathing and no heart beat until a passing pedestrian saw me motionless and blu ...[text shortened]... arful "No thanks" and almost immediately awoke in hospital.

This is absolutely 100% true.
    Far out man! Its good you remember that.

There 's lots of different types of OBE's . Every time you dream its an obe imo.
  14. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 07:24
    How would you classify the experience of " Lucid Dream " ? Lucid dream is a dream when one is aware in the dream sequence itself that this is a dream ! This experience is not at all rare as many persons have experienced it including myself.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 09:08
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    How would you classify the experience of " Lucid Dream " ? Lucid dream is a dream when one is aware in the dream sequence itself that this is a dream ! This experience is not at all rare as many persons have experienced it including myself.
    I've had 2 fully lucid dreams.

perhaps joe hasn't had one yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree