1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 09:46
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Out of body experiences are merely very intense dreams.
    Methinks the most intense dreaming is to live this life as if it is not just a dream that has to be taken seriously
    😵
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 10:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I dunno. If I had an out-of-body experience where I saw my body being worked on by doctors, I don't think I would be looking at the tops of shelves, and if I did, I don't think I would remember the pictures.
    To be frank, i don't think you can say what you would do if you were having an OBE.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I dunno. If I had an out-of-body experience where I saw my body being worked on by doctors, I don't think I would be looking at the tops of shelves, and if I did, I don't think I would remember the pictures.
    But if you did remember the pictures it would be conclusive proof of an out of body experience.
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:33
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Methinks the most intense dreaming is to live this life as if it is not just a dream that has to be taken seriously
    😵
    Our knowledge of the external world is based on our senses which are often not fully effective if not altogether misleading,at times.You must be knowing the often used similes of rope being mistaken for a snake or a branchless stump of a tree being taken foe a man,in the dark. The external word therefore is often compared to a dream in Hindu or Buddhist philosophy. The external World is not "false or a magical illusion" as may be thought from the word "Maya" but " in a flux" or " fast changing " and therefore to that extent "unreal". Hence your description of Life as a Shakespearean dream is not altogether wrong.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:41
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Our knowledge of the external world is based on our senses which are often not fully effective if not altogether misleading,at times.You must be knowing the often used similes of rope being mistaken for a snake or a branchless stump of a tree being taken foe a man,in the dark. The external word therefore is often compared to a dream in Hindu or Buddhist p ...[text shortened]... eal". Hence your description of Life as a Shakespearean dream is not altogether wrong.
    Methinks my description of Life as a Shakespearean dream is accurate
    -and empty
    😵
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:55
    Methinks my description of Life as a Shakespearean dream is accurate
    -and empty
    😵
    To call the external World an " Empty Dream " is a jump into nihilism and not a very deserving title to what is a fantastic creation of Something far beyond our powers to comprehend. Best to call it " Lila " or a Divine Play/Game.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 13:27
    😵
    I'm serious about keeping it not serious😵
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 13:30
    To call the external World an " Empty Dream " is a jump into nihilism and not a very deserving title to what is a fantastic creation of Something far beyond our powers to comprehend. Best to call it " Lila " or a Divine Play/Game.
    Best Smest....

There is nothing here to conquer
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 13:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Best Smest....

There is nothing here to conquer
    Your point ,if any,is not clear. Are you experiencing an OBE
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 13:48
    Your point ,if any,is not clear. Are you experiencing an OBE
    Yep
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 14:43
    Then I conclude you ignore the meaning of sunyata
    😵
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 15:33
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm serious about keeping it not serious😵
    The biker who doesn't take seriously the vanishing point and misses the apex, he could well end up with a highsiding or lowsiding amongst else
    😵
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 15:40
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I was wondering if any have had an "out of body" expereince and would like to share it? I haven't.
    So how do we classify a Lucid Dream ? In this case an obsever is watching pictures created by his mind and is aware that these pictures are not real. Can we say that this is an out of body experience ?
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 15:59
    So how do we classify a Lucid Dream ? In this case an obsever is watching pictures created by his mind and is aware that these pictures are not real. Can we say that this is an out of body experience ?
    In the case of the lucid dreams the practitioner (Kalachakra, Dzogchen etc) is aware of the fact that the stuff out of which the reality of his dream is made, is quite the same to the stuff of the reality he perceives when he is not dreaming. All in all, the lucid dreamer uses the lucid dream just as a means and as a proof that the stuff of the reality of his dreams and the stuff of the reality of the world as he perceives it by means of his 6 senses, are identical, mind-only and empty. Of course, a lucid dream is not an "out of the body experience"
    😵
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 18:38
    In the case of the lucid dreams the practitioner (Kalachakra, Dzogchen etc) is aware of the fact that the stuff out of which the reality of his dream is made, is quite the same to the stuff of the reality he perceives when he is not dreaming. All in all, the lucid dreamer uses the lucid dream just as a means and as a proof that the stuff of the reality ...[text shortened]... ical, mind-only and empty. Of course, a lucid dream is not an "out of the body experience"
    😵
    Of course a ludic dream is not an out of body experience.

So what is it then, a regular , 'in body' experience.? What is that anyway? Is there an opposite to an OBE , maybe a 'non-OBE'? 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree