1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 22:50
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/09/09/dnt-pastafarian-drivers-license.kfor.html

What is the world coming to anyway?
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 23:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/09/09/dnt-pastafarian-drivers-license.kfor.html

It sickens me to think of those prevented from practising their religious beliefs in the same way as those from a different religion. 🙁

More oppression and bigotry at:

http://metro.co.uk/2007/03/29/student-punished-for-spaghetti-beliefs-233180/
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 23:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 23:502 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    It sickens me to think of those prevented from practising their religious beliefs in the same way as those from a different religion. 🙁

More oppression and bigotry at:

http://metro.co.uk/2007/03/29/student-punished-for-spaghetti-beliefs-233180/
    So, are you saying that atheism is now a religious belief?

All "Pastafarians" are atheist. There are no people in that group who actually believe in a pasta "god". So there is NO "religious belief". It's all just another way of making fun of religion. I don't see why atheists get a pass for disrespect while racist groups are held accountable. I guess being "anti-theist" is still considered "cool".

The problem is that there won't be much change in this thinking. It's now considered racist to be "anti-black" and misogynist to be "anti-women", but "anti-theism" is still, and will always be, "cool" and "popular". I guess it's the only way left to be insulting and disrespectful and still not be considered "antisocial".

"Oppression and bigotry". Please.

Calling this oppression and bigotry clearly insults those people who actually DO experience actual oppression and bigotry and minimizes what they go through.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 23:582 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne

All "Pastafarians" are atheist. There are no people in that group who actually believe in a pasta "god". So there is NO "religious belief". It's all just another way of making fun of religion. I don't see why atheists get a pass for disrespect while racist groups are held accountable. I gues ...[text shortened]... nd disrespectful and still not be considered "antisocial".

"Oppression and bigotry". Please.
    and I'm sure you can prove that "There are no people in that group who actually believe in a pasta "god"."

Well go on, chop-chop!!

You fundamentalist Christians think you get a free pass for hate while peace loving FSM worshippers (aka pastafarians) are oppressed at every turn. It is a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in 🙁
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 00:06
    and I'm sure you can prove that "There are no people in that group who actually believe in a pasta "god"."

Well go on, chop-chop!!
    This is your response? Really?

So do you consider "Pastafarians" to be generally more stupid than average people (like you consider theists to somehow be "stupid" )?

No, because you do not consider atheists to be stupid merely for not believing. In fact, you consider them considerably more intelligent than theists.

If there were any "Pastafarians" actually believing in a pasta "god", you would not miss the chance to insult them as you do theists (since they would be, by definition, "theists" ). Since you are not, in fact you are defending them, then one can only assume that even you consider them all to be atheist. It's the only logical assumption to be made, here.

So, no, I can't prove it. But I don't have to. You cannot prove there is no God, either.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 00:12
    You fundamentalist Christians think you get a free pass for hate while peace loving FSM worshippers (aka pastafarians) are oppressed at every turn. It is a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in 🙁
    Christians don't hate (even the fundamentalists). People who hate are either not Christian, or pretending to be.

Again, calling this oppression ridicules those who are actually oppressed.

There are no "FSM worshippers". That's my whole point. Atheists use this as a mechanism whereby they can insult and ridicule without restraint.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 00:16
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
    "Prayers"? Really?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 00:21

If there were any "Pastafarians" actually believing in a pasta "god", you would not miss the chance to insult them as you do theists (since they would be, by definition, "theists" ).
    I have re-examined my beliefs and can no longer worship
    the FSM - as appealing as Pastafarianism is there just isn't
    enough evidence (although the Tablecloth of Turin is quite
    compelling with its 2,000 year old Bolognese staining)
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 00:23
    "Prayers"? Really?
    Yeah ... you know the thing - talking to imaginery creatures and asking for favours.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 00:491 edit
    This is your response? Really?

So do you consider "Pastafarians" to be generally more stupid than average people (like you consider theists to somehow be "stupid" )?

No, because you do not consider atheists to be stupid merely for not believing. In fact, you consider them considerably more intelligent than theists.

If there were any "Pastafarians ...[text shortened]... e.

So, no, I can't prove it. But I don't have to. You cannot prove there is no God, either.
    Why are you being so insulting, why don't you drop all that hate inside you and learn to love a little!? What have pastafarians ever done to you that you feel you are able to ridicule and cheapen their heartfelt belief in a higher power that is not of the same brand as what you believe!?

Where did I say that theists are generally stupid!?

I miss many opportunities to reason with many different religions simply because they do not have sufficient representation on these boards to make it worth my while, too many haters, Christians no less, beating them down before they get a chance to air their thoughts and feelings. As such, the "logical" assumption you make is not valid.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 00:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I have re-examined my beliefs and can no longer worship
    the FSM - as appealing as Pastafarianism is there just isn't
    enough evidence (although the Tablecloth of Turin is quite
    compelling with its 2,000 year old Bolognese staining)
    Got a good belly laugh out of that one! Well done!
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 01:27

All "Pastafarians" are atheist. There are no people in that group who actually believe in a pasta "god".
    Is too! 😲

Maybe it seems childish to you, but those touched by his noodly appendage know that they were missing something in their lives before that happened.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 02:43
    Christians don't hate (even the fundamentalists). People who hate are either not Christian, or pretending to be.

There are no "FSM worshippers". That's my whole point. Atheists use this as a mechanism whereby they can insult and ridicule without restraint.
    Atheist gotta hate. 😏
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 09:34

On the contrary Suzianne, *YOU* hate, possibly more than any other theist on this forum. Are you now going to say that you too fail to be a Christian!? This persecution of religious people expressing only their desire to wear religious attire is oppression in it's purest form. You hate pastafarians, you insult pastafarians by marginalising their heart-felt belief in a higher power. Next you will petition to have them burnt alive (or boiled) merely for holding religious views that differ from your own!

You should be ashamed of yourself! 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree