1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '18 12:59
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I've corrected you numerous times in this forum.

If you'd like some clarification, I invite you to go back and read what I have repeatedly written, correcting this ill-informed slander. I'm not wasting my time going over it yet again, if you still can't represent my views correctly.
    Still no unequivocal statement about whether you think the world will end, as it were, in your lifetime, and whether you welcome it. You could do this in less time than it took you to deflect with "I'm not wasting my time going over it yet again".
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 05:13
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Your sneering "funky banter" misanthropy is something relatively new here, although FreakyKBH, I think, espouses something similar [he certainly regurgitates Alex Jones type stuff on multiple forums].

A more common strand of misanthropy that seems to stem from people's superstitions on this forum is an often expressed wish for the 'end times' to come, the s ...[text shortened]... hropy. It's not the kind of Christianity I've been around all my life. So it's quite intriguing.
    It is interesting to equate that to misanthropy.

Would you ever say that the obsession of atheists with the Christian concept of hell could be misanthropic?

Or, if you firmly believed that there is no God at all and no truth in the Christian concept of the world... wouldn't it be misanthropic to devote a lot of your time into obsessing over their viewpoints?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 05:21
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    Would you ever say that the obsession of atheists with the Christian concept of hell could be misanthropic?
    You are free to make the case if you want to. Start a thread if you feel like it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '18 05:261 edit
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    Or, if you firmly believed that there is no God at all and no truth in the Christian concept of the world... wouldn't it be misanthropic to devote a lot of your time into obsessing over their viewpoints?
    "Obsessed" "Obsession" "Obsess" "Obsessing"

I am a relatively prolific contributor to the debates and discussions here, if this is what you are alluding to with words like "obsessing" and "obsessed". Is that what you are alluding to?

If you think me devoting a lot of my time to debating and discussing the viewpoints of the people I encounter here is, in and of itself, misanthropic, you'll need to explain why.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree