1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Jan '18 17:36
    Romans 7

    What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law


    If you do not know the law, you don't know what is sin and what is not sin. Notice that Paul is saying this even under the new covenant.
  2. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8683
    19 Jan '18 18:01
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Romans 7

    What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law


    If you do not know the law, you don't know what is sin and what is not sin. Notice that Paul is saying this even under the new covenant.
    Did you feel that someone was devaluing the Law ?
    I wasn't.
  3. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    19 Jan '18 18:09
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Romans 7

    What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law


    If you do not know the law, you don't know what is sin and what is not sin. Notice that Paul is saying this even under the new covenant.
    Maybe you can make a point of you have one.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Jan '18 18:12
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Did you feel that someone was devaluing the Law ?
    I wasn't.
    So you believe actions declared sinful by the Law are sinful and all who claim to know God should believe them to be sin?
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    19 Jan '18 18:15
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So you believe actions declared sinful by the Law are sinful and all who claim to know God should believe them to be sin?
    Which sin did you have in mind?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Jan '18 18:38
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Which sin did you have in mind?
    The ones that liberal Christians as well as Society/Government tries to convince Christians are not sin.

    There is nothing wrong... means that it is not sinful.
  7. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8683
    19 Jan '18 18:383 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So you believe actions declared sinful by the Law are sinful and all who claim to know God should believe them to be sin?
    Sure, the Bible illumines to the conscience about sin.

    But what is the way to be saved from its power?
    Just to hate the sin is not enough.
    Just to say "Wretched man that I am" is not enough.

    So Paul who pioneered the way in Christ to freedom from sin's guilt and sin's power leads us on into chapter 8. That is he leads us to "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus."

    Romans 8:1

    "There is now then no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death."


    The feeling of wretchedness that concludes chapter 7 is remedied in learning to unleash a more powerful law of the Spirit of life - that spontaneous liberating grace that empowers one to fulfill the law when setting the mind on the regenerated human spirit where Christ is dispensed into the saved man.

    "For that which the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending His own Son in the likeness of the flesh of sin and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh." (v.3)


    The power of sin can be annulled and put down by a more powerful Person Jesus Christ. The living LAW of divine life in Christ can free us from self condemnation and wretchedness of bondage to the hated sin nature.

    "That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit." (v.4)
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Jan '18 18:58
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Sure, the Bible illumines to the conscience about sin.

    But what is the way to be saved from its power?
    Just to hate the sin is not enough.
    Just to say "Wretched man that I am" is not enough.

    So Paul who pioneered the way in Christ to freedom from sin's guilt and sin's power leads us on into chapter 8. That is he leads us to [b]"the law of the Spirit ...[text shortened]... in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit." (v.4)
    [/quote][/b]
    Just hating sin is not enough that is true but it is required. If you do not hate sin it is because you do not recognize it as sin. If you do not recognize sin you do not know God. Such people who claim to be Christians are wolves in sheep's clothing. They need to be identified and rebuked publicly for all to see.

    Agreed?
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    19 Jan '18 19:35
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The ones that liberal Christians as well as Society/Government tries to convince Christians are not sin.

    There is nothing wrong... means that it is not sinful.
    That's pretty vague. Are you confused about which sins are not really sinful?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Jan '18 19:39
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    That's pretty vague. Are you confused about which sins are not really sinful?
    No but what you asked was so extensive I didn't feel like listing the particulars and I am sure I would have left at least one out.

    You can read Exodus through Leviticus and you should find most of the stuff. Read my thread on Jesus' point of view to clarify other questions like food.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    19 Jan '18 20:04
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Just hating sin is not enough that is true but it is required. If you do not hate sin it is because you do not recognize it as sin. If you do not recognize sin you do not know God. Such people who claim to be Christians are wolves in sheep's clothing. They need to be identified and rebuked publicly for all to see.

    Agreed?
    Oh, here we go again.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Jan '18 20:11
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Oh, here we go again.
    I know you don't agree. You are a wolf in sheep's clothing. You are one who teach children to sin. Jesus did not like your kind and had some not so nice things to say about you.
  13. SubscriberRagwort
    Ex Duris Gloria
    YO UK
    Joined
    04 Jul '09
    Moves
    104020
    19 Jan '18 20:22
    I see your Romans 7 and double it to Romans 14 😛
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    19 Jan '18 20:39
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    I see your Romans 7 and double it to Romans 14 😛
    This is about the importance of recognizing sin and how the Law allows us to see it.

    Those who know something like eating meat is not sinful being loving and not causing issues with those ho believe it is doesn't fit. It is a totally different issue. I can see how you would make the mistaken assumption.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    19 Jan '18 22:43
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Romans 7

    What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law


    If you do not know the law, you don't know what is sin and what is not sin. Notice that Paul is saying this even under the new covenant.
    The law is the schoolmaster that brings up to Christ.
    Galatians 3:24

    Hardly a revelation, at least not to me.
Back to Top