1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:02
    Originally posted by @eladar
    No but what you asked was so extensive I didn't feel like listing the particulars and I am sure I would have left at least one out.

You can read Exodus through Leviticus and you should find most of the stuff. Read my thread on Jesus' point of view to clarify other questions like food.
    I asked about the sins liberal Christians fail to recognize. Can you name just one and cite your evidence?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:05
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    I asked about the sins liberal Christians fail to recognize. Can you name just one and cite your evidence?
    As I said read the Bible there are plenty of them too numerous to list here.
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:10
    This is about the importance of recognizing sin and how the Law allows us to see it.

Those who know something like eating meat is not sinful being loving and not causing issues with those ho believe it is doesn't fit. It is a totally different issue. I can see how you would make the mistaken assumption.
    As I see it Jesus spent a significant proportion of the Gospels countering the legalistic views of the Pharisees with pithy one liners and parables in his attempts to show that God was not some grumpy vindictive Sinai mountain god but the God of love and forgiveness. Both Jesus and Paul in many places have talked about the need not to judge including in Romans 14 - seeing the speck not the mote etc. I contend that for any sort of spiritual growth in the Christian religion the only sin anyone needs to worry about is in their own life and relationship with God. Even "Loving the sinner hating the sin" is still a judgement once removed in my view. One of the broad brush messages of Romans 14 is the primacy of Christian freedom over legalistic thinking just as Jesus said with his two "golden rules".
    My worry with the over legalistic biblical approach is that eventually everyone who is not worthy is crossed out leaving you in a minority of one.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    As I see it Jesus spent a significant proportion of the Gospels countering the legalistic views of the Pharisees with pithy one liners and parables in his attempts to show that God was not some grumpy vindictive Sinai mountain god but the God of love and forgiveness. Both Jesus and Paul in many places have talked about the need not to judge including in Rom ...[text shortened]... h is that eventually everyone who is not worthy is crossed out leaving you in a minority of one.
    You mean like the laws of man like the washing of hands. Yes he did.

Seems to me evil people try to claim that Jesus was declaring that there is no such thing as sin.

This God of Love and Forgiveness of yours claims most people are not going to inherit eternal life. He even claims that he will turn his back on some who call out to him.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:22
    As I said read the Bible there are plenty of them too numerous to list here.
    In other words, you don't know what you're talking about. You condemn Liberals without knowing why.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:24
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    In other words, you don't know what you're talking about. You condemn Liberals without knowing why.
    No
  7. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:25
    You mean like the laws of man like the washing of hands. Yes he did.

Seems to me evil people try to claim that Jesus was declaring that there is no such thing as sin.
    Jesus didn't declare there was no such thing, he just forgave it without making a fuss about it - the woman in Luke 7 for example.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:261 edit
    Jesus didn't declare there was no such thing, he just forgave it without making a fuss about it - the woman in Luke 7 for example.
    Did he forgive all or only those who agreed with him?

What percent of people will inherit eternal life?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:31
    I know you don't agree. You are a wolf in sheep's clothing. You are one who teach children to sin. Jesus did not like your kind and had some not so nice things to say about you.
    And I see that you think it's perfectly okay to judge others. Too many Christians seem to think that judging others is their job, when we are told numerous times not to judge others.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 23:48
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And I see that you think it's perfectly okay to judge others. Too many Christians seem to think that judging others is their job, when we are told numerous times not to judge others.
    You see very dimly.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 02:30
    I see your Romans 7 and double it to Romans 14 😛
    Brilliant!

I see what you did there, too bad the one who needs to read Romans 14 will miss your meaning entirely.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 02:35
    As I see it Jesus spent a significant proportion of the Gospels countering the legalistic views of the Pharisees with pithy one liners and parables in his attempts to show that God was not some grumpy vindictive Sinai mountain god but the God of love and forgiveness. Both Jesus and Paul in many places have talked about the need not to judge including in Rom ...[text shortened]... h is that eventually everyone who is not worthy is crossed out leaving you in a minority of one.
    Indeed.

This is what I've been saying for quite a while. I say that many here 'worship' the Bible without giving concern to its meaning. They worship the words without considering the man. You call it the 'legalistic Biblical approach'. Quite so.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 03:06
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Indeed.

This is what I've been saying for quite a while. I say that many here 'worship' the Bible without giving concern to its meaning. They worship the words without considering the man. You call it the 'legalistic Biblical approach'. Quite so.
    Thank you for your Satanic perspective.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 11:301 edit
    Just hating sin is not enough that is true but it is required.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Required for what?

If you draw near to the living God, loving Him, hatred for what draws you away from God will be a byproduct.

If you do not hate sin it is because you do not recognize it as sin. If you do not recognize sin you do not know God.

----------------------------------------------------------

Awake each morning declaring "Lord Jesus, I love You. I just love You Lord Jesus."

The avoidance of sinning will follow as a byproduct of you telling the Lord Jesus of your love for Him.

Just having some vigilante seething hatred of sin by itself won't do much. In fact it may cause you to become like the thing you hate.

Take Jesus Himself in all His tastes, in His preferences, in all His inclinations, in all His faithfulness.

"Lord Jesus, I love You. Lord I take You as my tastes and attitudes. Lord may i see through Your eyes and choose through Your deciding. Christ , LIVE in me.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 11:32
    After being born anew of the Holy Spirit we must learn to set our mind on the spirit within us which is mingled with the Spirit of Christ Who has been joined to us.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

To walk in the Holy Spirit we must locate that golden chamber in our being that came about with being regenerated, and SET the mind on Him.

"For those who are according to the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but those who are according to the spirit the things of the Spirit.

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace." (Rom. 8:5,6)

Where the Christian sets his mind is the key.
    A good way to set the mind on the mingled spirit where the Spirit of Jesus is is to use your mouth to TELL the Lord Jesus that you love Him.

I am tempted by the evil sin? I don't struggle or strain. I don't muster up great hatred for the sin. All I need to do is say -

"Lord Jesus. ... Lord, I LOVE You. Lord Jesus, I LOVE You Lord."

Grace like a river will begin to flow in your innermost being. You will be empowered to escape the hated sinning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree