1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 15:35
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So, i'm ignoring any of your posts that begin with 'so.'
    So you will no longer reply, works for me.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Romans does continue to clarify points made in previous chapters. Your quote is timely.

As I said, some people have accused me of not presenting scripture I agree with which showcases why I believe as I do. I believe this chapter covers, in simple enough language (even though I do prefer the KJV), a counter to the twisted language some in this forum ha ...[text shortened]... aggrandizement. They count this as "righteousness" when it is nothing but "self-righteousness".
    Couldn't agree with you more.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 20:281 edit
    Indeed. But then this thread has so far been rather thin on Gentiles.

I know some theists would like to denigrate the righteousness of non-believers and elevate their own, but not only is this erroneous, it isn't even biblical.

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Fath ...[text shortened]... re to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:21-23)
    Totally missing my point, as well as isolating and twisting the Word to try to make it mean what you want it to mean. I do understand why you've 'thrown in' with the Christians who bear false witness of their own brothers; because they also wrongly paint 'Gentiles' (whom we can call atheists or non-believers in this forum) as able to gain the kingdom of God even though they have NO faith. This is what is wrong and unbiblical here.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 00:59
    Gentiles are non Jews. Not sure why amyone would change the definition to fit a Satanic position. But hey, why should I be surprised that a follower of Satan would lie?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 01:34
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Very well put!
    It's a copy paste 😕
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 04:25
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Gentiles are non Jews. Not sure why amyone would change the definition to fit a Satanic position. But hey, why should I be surprised that a follower of Satan would lie?
    And you tend to make a career out of missing the point, as usual.

And Paul's position is satanic? Good to know that you think so. Thanks for the warning not to take anything you say seriously.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 07:18
    Originally posted by Eladar
    "Gentiles are non Jews. Not sure why anyone would change the definition to fit a Satanic position. But hey, why should I be surprised that a follower of Satan would lie?" said Lucifer as he poked somebody with a fiery pitchfork.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 07:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Totally missing my point, as well as isolating and twisting the Word to try to make it mean what you want it to mean. I do understand why you've 'thrown in' with the Christians who bear false witness of their own brothers; because they also wrongly paint 'Gentiles' (whom we can call atheists or non-believers in this forum) as able to gain the kingdom of God even though they have NO faith. This is what is wrong and unbiblical here.
    The righteous will be saved.

No way this excludes my elderly (atheist) neighbour who has spent her entire life caring for others and adheres to God's law, written on her heart.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 07:48

No way this excludes my elderly (atheist) neighbour who has spent her entire life caring for others and adheres to God's law, written on her heart.
    Galatians 3:11

"Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 08:232 edits
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Galatians 3:11

"Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”
    A few verses down
    17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

So if you still sin after Christ justified you then you are making Christ a minister of sin.

Let me know if you need me to quote what Paul said about Christians who continue to sin
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 08:47
    Indeed. But then this thread has so far been rather thin on Gentiles.

I know some theists would like to denigrate the righteousness of non-believers and elevate their own, but not only is this erroneous, it isn't even biblical.

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Fath ...[text shortened]... re to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:21-23)
    What do you think the words, "...I never knew you..." mean? We all get doing good, we
    can also see that these people did some good works, that wasn't denied either.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 08:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    A few verses down
    17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

So if you still sin after Christ justified you then you are making Christ a minister of sin.

Let me know if you need me to quote what Paul said about Christians who continue to sin
    You obviously have to repent from your sin, but you are justified by faith and not by works.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 09:01

No way? How do you know? As I pointed out to you earlier we have all sinned, everyone
    of us, so when we compare ourselves to ourselves we are only looking at another person
    who is also a sinner. Since that is the case, what does it matter if they are better than the
    one next to them, since both have sin in their lives?

2 Corinthians 10:
    12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 09:181 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No way? How do you know? As I pointed out to you earlier we have all sinned, everyone of us, so when we compare ourselves to ourselves we are only looking at another person who is also a sinner. Since that is the case, what does it matter if they are better than the one next to them, since both have sin in their lives?
    You have an ideology which allows you to tell yourself that it doesn't matter if you "sin". Ghost of a Duke's elderly neighbour doesn't. So, hey presto, what does "sin" matter, if you can just think yourself into immortality?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 09:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    2 Corinthians 10:
    12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
    Where did Ghost of a Duke say his elderly neighbour "commends" himself or "measures" himself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree