1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 16:342 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Exactly. Paul's gospel is the gospel upon which Christianity is based. This is what I've been saying all along.

Unless you repent you should be accursed for announcing another gospel, a different gospel. One who is qualified to be accursed cannot teach Christians of the authentic Gospel.

Instead of receiving your "another ...[text shortened]... se men?

If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a slave of Christ." (v.10) [/quote]
    Paul was not trying to please men.

Paul was pleasing himself. His is an extremely self-serving gospel - which explains its popularity. Paul's gospel is about God serving man.

The gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth is about man humbly and loyally serving God.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 17:20
    @ThinkOfOne

Paul was pleasing himself. His is an extremely self-serving gospel - which explains its popularity. Paul's gospel is about God serving man.

You don't even know the extent of his gospel. You certainly have not suffered on behalf of the gospel as Paul did.

And to examine the gospel we should not look at what is typical or common but what he wrote.

Your oft repeated rhetorical phrases like "walked the earth" do not have some magical power as if you were using incantations of witchcraft.

No one, as far as I can see, in this Forum believes your teaching is anything about God - period.

Paul's gospel was "the Gospel of God" (Romans 1:1).

As in the times of Galatians some sought to bewitch the Christians with a gospel in competition to Paul and his co-workers, so also are you doing.

Christianity is degraded. But this is because of neglect of much of the Gospel. The "cure" you come proposing is much worse than the ailment.

There is no God in your perverted teaching.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 17:463 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

You don't even know the extent of his gospel. You certainly have not suffered on behalf of the gospel as Paul did.

And to examine the gospel we should not look at what is typical or common but wha ...[text shortened]... ou come proposing is much worse than the ailment.

There is no God in your perverted teaching.
    Isaiah 1
    16 “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
    Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
    Cease to do evil,

18 ... “Though your sins are as scarlet,
    Though they are red like crimson,
    They will be like wool.
    19 “If you consent and obey,
    You will eat the best of the land;
    20 “But if you refuse and rebel,
    You will be devoured by the sword.”

The gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth is consistent with the above.

The gospel for which you advocate is the perversion.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:00
    @ThinkOfOne

It is impossible that I could learn anything from you about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

From your handling of the Bible - God is absent.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:061 edit
    Thankfully Paul and his co-workers did not for one hour come under the phony authority of the false teachers. And because they refused to subject themselves to them, the gospel of Christ was preserved for the church.

" ... because of false brothers, brought in secretly, who stole in to spy out our freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into slavery,

To them we yielded with the subjection demanded not even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might remain with you." (Gal. 2:4,5)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:143 edits
    Isaiah 1
    Cease to do evil,

So ToO thinks he has some big case to reach for Isaiah 1:16

As if to say - "You see? You have to cleanse yourself" in he probably reasons the blood of Christ is not necessary for justification.

Nothing new there in cleansing ourselves in some sense. The Apostle Paul wrote for the Christians to cleanse themselves from all defilement of flesh and of spirit.

"Therefore since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and of spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Cor. 6:7)

ToO is about to use the Isaiah passage to negate the need for redemption in Christ's atoning sacrifice at Calvary.

His perversion may sound good to the simple. It will blossom into self righteous denial of the need for God's redemption.

This is part of his "another Jesus" he comes here to announce.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:272 edits
    @sonship said
    Isaiah 1
    Cease to do evil,

So ToO thinks he has some big case to reach for Isaiah 1:16

As if to say - "You see? You have to cleanse yourself" in he probably reasons the blood of Christ is not necessary for justification.

Nothing new ther ...[text shortened]... ed for God's redemption.

This is part of his [b"another Jesus" [/b] he comes here to announce.

ToO is about to use the Isaiah passage to negate the need for redemption in Christ's atoning sacrifice at Calvary.

According to Isaiah 1, the "blood of Christ" is NOT necessary for atonement - at least not in the way that the gospel for which you advocate uses it.

Instead of dealing with the entirety of the verses from Isaiah 1 that I cited, you've taken one line out of context in order to disingenuously pretend that you've actually addressed it.

The gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth is consistent with the verses I cited earlier from Isaiah 1.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:352 edits
    Paul made the gospel his own calling it "my gospel". Yet he was absolutely a TEAM player not an isolated "go it alone" mavrick not being adjusted by anyone else.

His letters are usually written WITH his co-workers helping him.

Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, and Sosthenes the brother, to the church of God which is in Corinth." (1 Cor. 1:1,2) [/b]

"Paul and Silvanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ ..." (1 Thess. 1:1)

" Paul and Silvanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians ..." ( 2 Thess. 1:1)

"Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi ..." (Phil. 1:1)

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, and Timothy the brother ..." (2 Cor. 1:1)

Paul spoke of his gospel, yet how much a coordinated TEAM player he was. A few of his letters have only his name in the salutation.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:442 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Every verse in the Bible may not explicitly mention the blood of Christ. Because it is not mentioned in the Old Testament Isaiah in this particular passage proves little.

The Gospel speaks of "justification in His blood" .

Romans 5:8 (my bolding)

"Much more then, having been JUSTIFIED IN HIS BLOOD, we will be saved through Him from the wrath." (Rom. 5:8)

Like the other heretic before him, Rajk999, ThinkOfOne will also exploit his constricted familiarity with Christianity to fancy that he has a more authentic gospel of self improvement.

The Gospel Paul preached is full of the need for sanctification. But we are saved from the wrath of God's eternal judgment being justified in Christ's shed blood.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 18:531 edit
    @ThinkOfOne

The gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth is consistent with the verses I cited earlier from Isaiah 1.

I don't like to dignify your posts with a copy and reply.

When Paul says the believers are "justified in His blood" (Rom. 5:8) he is faithfully speaking of that aspect of the total Gospel Jesus preached. This teaching certainly included His shed blood being the basis of the New Covenant.

"For this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." (Matt. 26:28)

Paul was faithful to teach what Jesus taught while He walked the earth. YOU ARE NOT.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 19:094 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

18 ... “Though your sins are as scarlet,
    Though they are red like crimson,
    They will be like wool.

Some Christians have applied this passage to the new testament gospel. It is a very minor point that critics object that the verse speaks nothing of the redeeming blood.

My usage of the passage is not an INTERPRETATION as much as an APPLICATION. The fact of the matter is the by OBEDIENCE of faith to the New Testament Gospel we do recieve washing of our sins even though they be horribly "red" as scarlet in guilt.

There is the OBEDIENCE OF FAITH to the message of Christ's redemption.

Romans 1:5 - " Through whom we have received grace and apostleship unto the obedience of faith ..."

Romans 16:26 - "But has now been manifested and through the prophetic writings, according to the command of the eternal God, has been made known to all the Gentiles for the obedience of faith ..."

In the new covenant age the "OBEDIENCE OF FAITH" is an obedience which causes the sinner to be cleansed in the blood of Christ.

We certainly can borrow and apply Isaiah 1:18 to the obedience of believing in Christ's redemption.

God will not be unhappy at all. Only the secretive Atheist ThinkOfOne will be unhappy because this offends his Humanistic self improvement philosophy which negates any need for the Triune God.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 22:41
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

“Gospel” just means “good news”.

Paul preached a "good news" which he compared to the vastness of the unmeasurable universe in scope. This vastness no individual can appreciate fully. It takes all the saints corporately to trek through this hugely expansive love of Christ

[quote] "That Christ may make His home in your hearts through ...[text shortened]... e universe. He is unsearchable in scope and He can fill all the saved unto all the fullnesss of God.
    Yes yes...

Anyway, the word ‘gospel’ just means good news.

Don’t over bake it.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 11:19
    @divegeester said
    Yes yes...

Anyway, the word ‘gospel’ just means good news.

Don’t over bake it.
    Its called discussion.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 11:272 edits
    Paul's gospel is the good news of God (Rom. 1:1) .
    That should tell us right away any "gospel" minus the existence of God, such as the abomination of ThinkOfOne, is a false gospel.

"Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, a called apostle separated to the gospel of God." (Rom. 1:1)
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 18:141 edit
    @sonship said
    Paul made the gospel his own calling it "my gospel". Yet he was absolutely a TEAM player not an isolated "go it alone" mavrick not being adjusted by anyone else.

His letters are usually written WITH his co-workers helping him.

[quote] Paul, a called apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, and Sosthenes the brother, to the church of God which is ...[text shortened]... ow much a coordinated TEAM player he was. A few of his letters have only his name in the salutation.

Exactly. Paul had his own gospel and his own followers.

While He walked the Earth, Jesus preached a very different gospel.

Perversely many call Jesus "Lord", yet believe in Paul's gospel rather than Jesus' gospel. They are followers of Paul - not Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree