Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
06 Mar 19
2 edits

@suzianne said
The question before you is "Have you "ceased to do evil"?"

But answering direct questions without endlessly repeating stuff you posted earlier that has nothing to do with my question isn't really your strong point. Nevermind that your continued reposting of your previous post should be aimed at the person you were conversing with. Throwing it at me just because I choose ...[text shortened]... gh all the bull and ask you an on-topic question is just bad form. I'm still waiting for an answer.
lol. What part of the following didn't you understand?
<<You ask your question as if the answer might somehow change what God explicitly states in Isaiah 1:16,18. It's a disingenuous way of side-stepping the point. >>

If you think you have have a valid point, then plainly state it. You know, actually try to formulate a cogent argument instead of mindlessly repeating your red herring question. Or are you going to remain in becker / romans mode?

Go ahead. Try to formulate a cogent argument. Perhaps then the penny will drop for you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

Umm, let me guess. We're supposed to be impressed ?

Have you ceased from evil ? Seems a simple question to me.

Are we supposed to be dazzled by your well reasoned dodging and ducking?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 19

ThinkOFOne,

Come down to earth and walk the earth the way Jesus did.

Have you or have you not ceased from EVIL ?

T

Moves
06 Mar 19
3 edits

@sonship said
ThinkOFOne,

Come down to earth and walk the earth the way Jesus did.

Have you or have you not ceased from EVIL ?
If you think there is a valid point that underpins Suzianne's question, then plainly state it. You know, actually formulate a cogent argument instead of mindlessly repeating her red herring question.

Seems likely that on some level, both of you realize that there is no cogent argument that can be made. So you just mindlessly repeat the same question over and over again and wrap an ad hominem attack around it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Mar 19

@thinkofone said
If you think there is a valid point that underpins Suzianne's question, then plainly state it. You know, actually formulate a cogent argument instead of mindlessly repeating her red herring question.

Seems likely that on some level, both of you realize that there is no cogent argument that can be made. So you just mindlessly repeat the same question over and over again and wrap an ad hominem attack around it.
I've explained this twice now.

I have no argument with your previous discussion with someone else. That you continue to browbeat me with your argument from that discussion is entirely moot.

I hear you and Rajk tag-team everyone else in the forum with this "big idea" that repentance means nothing if one continues to sin.

Well, then, let's have it -- have YOU "ceased to do evil"?

One can talk and talk and talk and talk all day, but if one insists on not 'walking the walk', then don't be 'amazed' when people ignore your 'talk'.

T

Moves
06 Mar 19
4 edits

@suzianne said
I've explained this twice now.

I have no argument with your previous discussion with someone else. That you continue to browbeat me with your argument from that discussion is entirely moot.

I hear you and Rajk tag-team everyone else in the forum with this "big idea" that repentance means nothing if one continues to sin.

Well, then, let's have it -- have YOU "ceased ...[text shortened]... but if one insists on not 'walking the walk', then don't be 'amazed' when people ignore your 'talk'.

lol. Now you're going to try to pretend that your response to my post to jaywill had nothing to do with my discussion with him? So much for your assertion that you were asking an "an on-topic question".

One can talk and talk and talk and talk all day, but if one insists on not 'walking the walk', then don't be 'amazed' when people ignore your 'talk'.

Actually the passage from Isaiah 1 that I cited is attributed to God - not me. Do you really not understand that? I think you do understand it, but don't want to accept His words.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 19
5 edits

@ThinkOfOne

You know, actually formulate a cogent argument instead of mindlessly repeating her red herring question.

So says - Polly Want a Cracker? .. squawk! -
when Jesus walked the earth,

Squawk!!

Talking about parroting a mindless UNEXPLAINED repetition.

We all know what the answer is to her question.

T

Moves
08 Mar 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

You know, actually formulate a cogent argument instead of mindlessly repeating her red herring question.

So says - Polly Want a Cracker? .. squawk! -

Squawk!!

Talking about parroting a mindless UNEXPLAINED repetition.

We all know what the answer is to her question.
Let's see. Neither you nor Suzianne were able to formulate a cogent argument addressing the scripture I cited, so instead went with your usual: ad homs.

And so it goes with "salvation by faith alone" Christians.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Mar 19

@thinkofone said

lol. Now you're going to try to pretend that your response to my post to jaywill had nothing to do with my discussion with him? So much for your assertion that you were asking an "an on-topic question".
...[text shortened]... Do you really not understand that? I think you do understand it, but don't want to accept His words.
So are you going to answer my question or not?

Was that a "No, because it would undermine everything I've said in this forum for the last 18 months"?

Stop demanding that people follow a doctrine, when you're not willing to at least follow that doctrine yourself. It's obvious that you can NOT follow the doctrine that Jesus set forth "while he walked the earth", because you don't even believe that he was the Son of God.

T

Moves
08 Mar 19
3 edits

@suzianne said
So are you going to answer my question or not?

Was that a "No, because it would undermine everything I've said in this forum for the last 18 months"?

Stop demanding that people follow a doctrine, when you're not willing to at least follow that doctrine yourself. It's obvious that you can NOT follow the doctrine that Jesus set forth "while he walked the earth", because you don't even believe that he was the Son of God.
Are you going to continue to pretend that your line of argumentation doesn't amount to an ad hom wrapped in a red herring? Do you believe that by ignoring this fact that it will make it untrue?

It seems that the gospel in which you believe has rendered you incapable of engaging in reasoned argument.

It seems that the gospel in which you believe has rendered you blind to the words spoken by God in Isaiah 1:16-18.

It seems that the gospel in which you believe has rendered you blind to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

It's as if Jesus had you in mind when He said the following:
Matthew 13
13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
19“When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.

It's unfortunate that the penny still hasn't dropped for you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 19

@ThinkOfOne

There are no other kind of Christians.
There certainly are no "salvation by Atheism alone" "Christians".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Mar 19
1 edit

@thinkofone said
Are you going to continue to pretend that your line of argumentation doesn't amount to an ad hom wrapped in a red herring? Do you believe that by ignoring this fact that it will make it untrue?

It seems that the gospel in which you believe has rendered you incapable of engaging in reasoned argument.

It seems that the gospel in which you believe has rendered you blin ...[text shortened]... whom seed was sown beside the road.

It's unfortunate that the penny still hasn't dropped for you.
Just stop with the boilerplate and answer my question.

Any time now would be fine.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Mar 19

@thinkofone said
Let's see. Neither you nor Suzianne were able to formulate a cogent argument addressing the scripture I cited, so instead went with your usual: ad homs.

When Jesus said that he was sent by God, was he correct?

T

Moves
08 Mar 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
Just stop with the boilerplate and answer my question.

Just stop with the boilerplate ad hom wrapped in a red herring and engage in reasoned argument.

Your foundation is made of sand. It seems that on some level you understand this. That's why you avoid engaging in reasoned debate by insisting that your ad hom wrapped in a red herring be addressed. Like jaywill, DG, et al., logical fallacies are all you have.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 19
1 edit

@ThinkOfOne

If you don't want to answer the question "Have you ceased from evil?" then how about answering this one of mine?

Will there be a time in the future that you will have totally ceased from evil?
(I do not mean death or non-existence).

You see by faith I believe the Lord's words when He walked the earth.

You shall be perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matt. 5:48)

This could be taken as a promise - a prophetic promise.
But if you don't think so, there is also this Jesus spoke while walking on earth.

"And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one.

I in them and You in Me, that they may be PERFECTED into one, that they may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.

Father, concerning that which You have given Me, i desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."
(John 17:21-24)

Do you look forward to an eternal sinless and perfected destiny of everlasting life with Christ - ceasing from evil ?

Now if you begin to lecture me on reading comprehension of English, I will assume that you are just evading the question for some reason.

But know that Paul, whose gospel is THE Gospel, said the same thing as Christ here when He walked the earth. We who belong to Christ, will be presented before Him holy and without blemish or spot or any such thing - PERFECTED.

Ie.

" Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love,

Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will." (Eph. 1:3,4)