1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 18:20
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

If you understood what Jesus was saying, you'd know to beware of those who teach a gospel other than the one Jesus preached while He walked the Earth.

Discussion with such a deceiver is virtually fruitless.

I don't want to sound like all I have for you is ad hom statements.
    But reasoned exegesis of the Bible's teaching with you is ind ...[text shortened]... n of the verse is entirely deceptive.

You quote. But it is with the deception as a false prophet.
    I don't want to sound like all I have for you is ad hom statements.

Yet it's been one ad hom after another from you, since you are unable to formulate a reasoned argument against the words of God and Jesus that I have been posting.

It's just as I have been saying all along: You believe in a very different gospel than the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. It is what it is.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 18:273 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Yet it's been one ad hom after another from you, since you are unable to formulate a reasoned argument against the words of God and Jesus that I have been posting.

Yea, you keep writing that because it looks good.

But no arguments you actually deal with. Rather we're treated to "Jesus while He walked on earth" rhetoric.

You try hard to put yourself in an unfalsifiable posture by referring to undefined phrases which you may subsume all your arguments to be correct.

All that Jesus didnt say "while He walked on earth" is not the teaching of Jesus.

But WHAT is THAT ??
    Well that is whatever you don't like in the New Testament because it is not your philosophy.

It's just as I have been saying all along: You believe in a very different gospel than the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. It is what it is.

"While He walked on earth" = WHATEVER ThinkOfOne holds as ThinkOfOne's personal philosophy.

Adjust as needed.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 18:391 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Yea, you keep writing that because it looks good.

But no arguments you actually deal with. Rather we're treated to "Jesus while He walked on earth" rhetoric.

You try hard t ...[text shortened]... b]= [/b] WHATEVER ThinkOfOne holds as ThinkOfOne's personal philosophy.

Adjust as needed.
    Even this latest post boils down to yet another ad hom. An ad hom wrapped in deceit at that. As they so often are.

And so it goes...
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 19:315 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

If you didn't act in such a shady manner then an unflattering description would NOT BE NECESSARY.

Besides. an ad hom fallacy is just a none rigorous argument. It is not necessarily a wrong argument, just non-rigorous.

But you position yourself so as NOT to be rigorously engaged with escape hatch phrases like "Jesus while He walked the earth."

Ad homs is about the only thing left to deal with you.

Besides it is true that you are indeed a false prophet or a false teacher of the Gospel of Christ. You want to COMPETE with Paul.

You want that you REPLACE Paul as the most authoritative conveyor of the message. "Move over Paul. I am here now."

That's all.

And as for the Red Letters of Christ's words in the Gospels. I could prove that even THEY you do not all accept as that which He taught "while He walked the earth".

Let alone the Gospel of John, most of which, except for those that convey your philosophy, were not taught by Jesus "while He walked the earth."

We see you.
    I think just about everyone here sees you hiding out there.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 19:402 edits
    If anyone is still not clear, the Gospel is a legendary MYTH to ThinkOfOne.

What small percentage he likes because he can use it to dignify the religion he hopes to invent under the banner of Christ is that which Jesus supposedly taught "while He walked the earth."

All else, most of the New Testament, is in some unearthly existential cloud of myth.

ThinkOfOne's philosophy + SOME twisted words from the Gospel = "Jesus while He walked on earth."
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 19:57
    @sonship said
    If anyone is still not clear, the Gospel is a legendary MYTH to ThinkOfOne.

What small percentage he likes because he can use it to dignify the religion he hopes to invent under the banner of Christ is that which Jesus supposedly taught "while He walked the earth."

All else, most of the New Testament, is in some unearthly existential cloud of myth.

ThinkOfOne's philosophy + SOME twisted words from the Gospel = "Jesus while He walked on earth."
    Of course it is a myth. There is zero historical evidence for it.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 21:45
    @thinkofone said
    Just stop with the boilerplate ad hom wrapped in a red herring and engage in reasoned argument.

Any time now would be fine.

Your foundation is made of sand. It seems that on some level you understand this. That's why you avoid engaging in reasoned debate by insisting that your ad hom wrapped in a red herring be addressed. Like jaywill, DG, et al., logical fallacies are all you have.
    I don't need to engage in argument or "debate". I am just asking you a question, prompted by your assertion that all we have to do is to cease doing evil.

Have YOU "ceased to do evil"?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 21:562 edits
    @caissad4

Of course it is a myth. There is zero historical evidence for it.

I already told you that your pressupositions rule out up front any consideration of the Gospel record as being historical.

You've made that naturalistic decision out the outset that it could not be true because things just don't happen as are recorded from Jesus life and work.

Your next post can explain why thousands of Jews in Jerusalem in the course of a few weeks suddenly changed a millennia long tradition of honoring the 7th day of the week - the Sabbath.

What made thousands of Jerusalem Jews suddenly move from this tradition to regarding the new week day, the 8th day as more important, calling it the day of the Lord? That is celebrating it as the day Jesus rose from the dead.

Why the sudden change in the ancient tradition ?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 22:571 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

If you didn't act in such a shady manner then an unflattering description would NOT BE NECESSARY.

Besides. an ad hom fallacy is just a none rigorous argument. It is not necessarily a wrong argument, just non-rigorous.

But you position yourself so as NOT to be rigorously engaged with escape hatch phrases like "Jesus while He walked the earth."

Ad h ...[text shortened]... e walked the earth."

We see you.
    I think just about everyone here sees you hiding out there.
    Ad homs is about the only thing left to deal with you.

Of course it is. Since you are unable to formulate a reasoned argument against the words of God and Jesus that I have been posting, you resort to ad homs. It's been one ad hom after another with you.

10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 23:074 edits
    @suzianne said
    I don't need to engage in argument or "debate". I am just asking you a question, prompted by your assertion that all we have to do is to cease doing evil.

Have YOU "ceased to do evil"?
    I am just asking you a question, prompted by your assertion that all we have to do is to cease doing evil.

Whose assertion?

Isaiah 1
    16“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
    Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
    Cease to do evil,
    17Learn to do good;
    Seek justice,
    Reprove the ruthless,
    Defend the orphan,
    Plead for the widow.
    18“Come now, and let us reason together,”
    Says the LORD,
    “Though your sins are as scarlet,
    They will be as white as snow;
    Though they are red like crimson,
    They will be like wool.
    19“If you consent and obey,
    You will eat the best of the land;
    20“But if you refuse and rebel,
    You will be devoured by the sword.”
    Truly, the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Since you can't seem to wrap your mind around this issue: It comes down to whether or not you believe God - or the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth for that matter. Evidently you don't.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 23:451 edit
    @thinkofone said
    I am just asking you a question, prompted by your assertion that all we have to do is to cease doing evil.

Whose assertion?

Isaiah 1
    16“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
    Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
    Cease to do evil,
    17Learn to do good;
    Seek justice,
    Reprove the ruthless,
    ...[text shortened]... od - or the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth for that matter. Evidently you don't.
    Pure deflection.

Have YOU "ceased doing evil"?

Side question, prompted by your reply: do YOU believe "in" God?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '19 01:074 edits
    @suzianne said
    Pure deflection.

Have YOU "ceased doing evil"?

Side question, prompted by your reply: do YOU believe "in" God?
    Deflection. lol

Evidently you still can't wrap your mind around it.

Are you employing the tactic of becker / romans / DG of side-stepping issues by asking off-topic questions and insisting on answers?

Once upon a time you seemed to operate on a much higher level than you have been. What happened to you?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '19 09:011 edit
    @ThinkOfOne

I said ad homs are about the only thing left to deal with such a false prophet as yourself. To which you replied:

Of course it is. Since you are unable to formulate a reasoned argument against the words of God and Jesus that I have been posting, you resort to ad homs. It's been one ad hom after another with you.

You insulate yourself from ALL reasoning from the Bible with a catch all phrase "Jesus while He walked the earth."

It if flexible and malleable to conform to whatever your opinion of Christs ministry is. Since you will not clearly define WHAT words are "when he walked the earth" and what words AREN'T but adjust the scope as the need arises to put forth your OWN philosophy, you insulate yourself from reasoned argument.

If the argument is congent - no problem for you. You just retreat to "Jesus when He walked the earth" and dismiss what is reasoned cogently.

Why are you afraid to admit that you are an Atheist ?

There IS NO "GOSPEL" with an underlying premise of Atheism, period.

There is no Good News founded upon your Atheism.
    There is none even if you dress it in the phrase "Jesus while He walked on earth."

So it is as the Gospel has said. You are one for believers to beware of - a false prophet. False in outward appearance. Inwardly a ravenous destroyer of the Gospel and killer of the divine life (if you could).
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '19 09:161 edit
    Here is how this argument goes:

ToO: You have no well reasoned cogent argument.

sonship: Here's one.

ToO: That is not what Jesus taught while He walked on earth.

sonship: Clearly deliniate the words and deeds of Jesus while He walked on earth and the words of Jesus that are not when He walked on earth.

ToO: Only on a case by case bases. It depends whether the deeds and words reinforce the my message.

So you see folks. "Jesus while He walked on earth" is ToO's gimmick to insulate himself perpetually from discussing the life of Jesus.

This is sickening enough. Then he adds his bragging that no one has cogent arguments. Afterall no one but he knows what Jesus was and did while He walked on earth in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.

Jesus said "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves." His feet were on the ground in Matthew 7:15.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree