Paul's value?

Paul's value?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
19 Sep 19

@divegeester said
You said you had learned something from FMF posts in this thread, you seem to be quite animated by what you have learned, so I’m asking you for the third time what it is you have learned and how it has impacted your beliefs.
I was not aware that the only evidence of Paul's encounter with Jesus.....was only Paul himself.

I had thought Paul met Jesus while Jesus was still alive....I was wrong.

I thought Paul was mentioned in the Gospels.....I was wrong.

I was not aware that Paul's writings were written before the Gospels.

Combine that with the notion that Paul seems to be preaching an entirely different message than that of Jesus.

You can read the posts of FMF and ThinkofOne in this thread, who both pointed out these things.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Sep 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
I was not aware that the only evidence of Paul's encounter with Jesus.....was only Paul himself.

Combine that with the notion that Paul seems to be preaching an entirely different message than that of Jesus.
Yes I read all of their posts and I’m aware of what they said and of their opinions on this topic which are interesting. Everyone’s well constructed opinions are interesting.

I’m also already aware that several posts here have highlighted to you things of which you were previously unaware and other informed you that you were mistaken in your understanding, although your sweeping statement that “Paul seems to preaching a completely different message to Jesus” is not accurate. So you are clearly still learning.

Anyway, how has what you have learned impacted your beliefs, if at all?

c

Moves
19 Sep 19

@divegeester said
Yes I read all of their posts and I’m aware of what they said and of their opinions on this topic which are interesting. Everyone’s well constructed opinions are interesting.

I’m also already aware that several posts here have highlighted to you things of which you were previously unaware and other informed you that you were mistaken in your understanding, although yo ...[text shortened]... clearly still learning.

Anyway, how has what you have learned impacted your beliefs, if at all?
Did you read the post by ThinkofOne at the bottom of page 3?

Theologians, not me, are implying that Paul is preaching "Paul's message", and not that of Jesus.

T

Moves
19 Sep 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said

Combine that with the notion that Paul seems to be preaching an e ...[text shortened]... .

You can read the posts of FMF and ThinkofOne in this thread, who both pointed out these things.

The gospel message believed by the vast majority of Christians which is largely based upon the teachings of Paul IS antithetical to the gospel preached by Jesus.

It's not that Paul merely SEEMS to be preaching an entirely different message than that of Jesus

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Sep 19

@chaney3 said
Did you read the post by ThinkofOne at the bottom of page 3?

Theologians, not me, are implying that Paul is preaching "Paul's message", and not that of Jesus.
How have all the new things you have learned in this thread impacted your religious beliefs?

c

Moves
19 Sep 19

@divegeester said
How have all the new things you have learned in this thread impacted your religious beliefs?
Fine, don't offer an opinion.
You're boring.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Sep 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
Fine, don't offer an opinion.
You're boring.
I’ve given you my opinion, they (several of the posts on this thread) are interesting.

How has what you have learned in this thread impacted your religious beliefs?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Sep 19

Chaney3 I’m starting to presume that as you have failed to answer my question 5 times, that all this interesting stuff you have “learned” from this thread has not impacted your religious beliefs one bit?

c

Moves
19 Sep 19

@divegeester said
I’ve given you my opinion, they are interesting.

How has what you have learned in this thread impacted your religious beliefs?
Theologians are basically saying that Paul does NOT serve Christianity well because he has distorted the original message of Jesus......and your only response is that it's "interesting".

As I stated, you're boring, and just trolling at this point.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Sep 19

@chaney3 said
Theologians are basically saying that Paul does NOT serve Christianity well because he has distorted the original message of Jesus......and your only response is that it's "interesting".

As I stated, you're boring, and just trolling at this point.
Yes I am aware of what the historians cited in this these are saying.

What I’m asking you for the seventh time now, is how what you have learned from them has impacted your religious beliefs?

Not at all is seems.

c

Moves
19 Sep 19

@divegeester said
Yes I am aware of what the historians cited in this these are saying.

What I’m asking you for the seventh time now, is how what you have learned from them has impacted your religious beliefs?

Not at all is seems.
I'm not sure yet.
Do YOU think Paul preached a differing view than Jesus?

It seems a very relevant question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Sep 19

@chaney3 said
I'm not sure yet.
If what you have learned from these posts has had no impact on your beliefs then why does it matter what you have learned from then?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Sep 19

@chaney3 said
No.

T

Moves
19 Sep 19

@chaney3 said
I'm not sure yet.

It seems a very relevant question.
You could just wait for FMF to chide divegeester for playing the man instead of the ball like he has with so many others.

Oh wait. That doesn't happen.

c

Moves
19 Sep 19

@thinkofone said
You could just wait for FMF to chide divegeester for playing the man instead of the ball like he has with so many others.

Oh wait. That doesn't happen.
In this thread I have no beef with FMF because he presented some valid points on the subject.

Dive, however, showed terrible forum etiqutte by ignoring every post by FMF, yet deciding to confront me on my replies to FMF. Showing such favoritism is bad for debating.