1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:33
    1 Thessalonians 5:3
    Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

Anyone catch this in the last few days? I don't see any previous postings on this so maybe it was missed?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:36
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

Anyone catch this in the last few days? I don't see any previous postings on this so maybe it was missed?
    If you have a topic related to geopolitics, if that's what you are getting at, why don't you pose a question or propose a 'motion' that people can argue for and against?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:42
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you have a topic related to geopolitics, if that's what you are getting at, why don't you pose a question or propose a 'motion' that people can argue for and against?
    I asked a question and I'd like to see a few answers.... You must have missed it or you would answer differently.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '18 03:46
    I asked a question and I'd like to see a few answers.... You must have missed it or you would answer differently.
    You mean "Anyone catch this in the last few days?"

People in the news have been talking about "peace and security" every single day for as long as I have been alive - for decades. Why not state what you have seen "in the last few days", explain what you think is different about it, and then suggest a topic for debate?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 May '18 04:03
    You mean "Anyone catch this in the last few days?"

People in the news have been talking about "peace and security" every single day for as long as I have been alive - for decades. Why not state what you have seen "in the last few days", explain what you think is different about it, and then suggest a topic for debate?
    Uh, maybe tomorrow.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 May '18 04:16

This is what I was going to ask as well.

Just who has been saying "Peace and security" (my Bible says "peace and safety" btw) these last few days? I actually haven't heard this lately.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 05:39
    Originally posted by @suzianne

Just who has been saying "Peace and security" (my Bible says "peace and safety" btw) these last few days? I actually haven't heard this lately.
    Maybe it has to do with the United States opening its embassy in Jerusalem?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 May '18 06:401 edit

Actually Trump just said it in his speech about the three Americans being released from NK. He heavily emphasized that this was going to be the first of many steps for the world to experience "peace and security".
    So obviously nothing has happened yet with "sudden destruction" coming upon the world, yet. If one looks at that scripture it says "they" would say this, not just one person as in Trump. But sometime in the future events will happen in the world so that "they" or possibly the majority of world leaders concur that events have now brought the world together into a "peace and security" state.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '18 06:591 edit
    Actually Trump just said it in his speech about the three Americans being released from NK. He heavily emphasized that this was going to be the first of many steps for the world to experience "peace and security".
    So obviously nothing has happened yet with "sudden destruction" coming upon the world, yet. If one looks at that scripture it says "they" ...[text shortened]... aders concur that events have now brought the world together into a "peace and security" state.
    Have you been reading something in The Watchtower? If so, maybe a link to the article might explain what you mean better than you are.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '18 07:04
    ...sometime in the future events will happen in the world so that "they" or possibly the majority of world leaders concur that events have now brought the world together into a "peace and security" state.
    What would be your objection if the world moved towards a state of "peace and security" and away from a state of "war and insecurity"?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 07:22
    What would be your objection if the world moved towards a state of "peace and security" and away from a state of "war and insecurity"?
    I think he’s referring to Biblical prophecy and has no objection to peace and security.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 May '18 11:07
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Maybe it has to do with the United States opening its embassy in Jerusalem?
    And what has it to do with that?

Dozens of Palestinian protesters were killed. How is this "peace and security"?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 May '18 11:12
    So obviously nothing has happened yet with "sudden destruction" coming upon the world, yet. If one looks at that scripture it says "they" ...[text shortened]... aders concur that events have now brought the world together into a "peace and security" state.
    But it's been a popular "catch-phrase" for years now.

I think this topic has been brought up in this forum in the relatively recent past as well.

I doubt that Trump is coming up with anything new.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 May '18 11:56
    But it's been a popular "catch-phrase" for years now.

I think this topic has been brought up in this forum in the relatively recent past as well.

I doubt that Trump is coming up with anything new.
    Of course it's been discussed many times and Trumps saying this during this speech may be nothing. But then it might be. Most on the surface want peace. But the bible clearly speaks about this and makes it clear that sometime in the future that will be said by the majority of the world, which will then bring on the fulfillment of those scriptures.

But....... now Matt the 24th chapter was spoken by Jesus and it will come true:
    37 "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be.
    38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
    39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be."

So when pretty much the leader of the free world very clearly says this in reacting to these events unfolding before all the world, one should listen and keep watch? Of course one should.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 May '18 11:59
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I think he’s referring to Biblical prophecy and has no objection to peace and security.
    Thanks....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree