1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 04:52
    Here’s an article on Newton. The year was 2060 (pretty good memory I’ve got.)

Sir Isaac Newton predicted world would end in 2060 AD

https://opentheword.org/2013/10/16/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-world-would-end-in-2060-ad/
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '18 05:58
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Whatever dude...... Yeah misunderstandings of the scriptures can happen with anyone, including yourself.
    But at least trying to understand them is going in the right direction instead of drawing blanks with no idea what those prophecies in the bible mean, like you yourself have no idea.
    The bible clearly says that as time went on that "the light o ...[text shortened]... he bible completely have you not? Why is that? No understanding of it at all I would guess......
    What you call “misunderstandings” I call false prophesies.

Your cult sets itself up as being “the sole holders of God’s truth of earth”. They also make predictions which impact people’s thinking and hold to hardline doctrine which impinges of people’s lives and well being.

By setting yourselves up like this you abdicate the luxury of calling your repeated failed prophesies “misunderstandings.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 May '18 11:371 edit
    1 Thessalonians 5:3
    Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

Anyone catch this in the last few days? I don't see any previous postings on this so maybe it was missed?
    Wut? Are you mad? Trump is President so the end of the world is coming! 😲

We are all going to die!!!!!
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 18:431 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you don't know when it's going to happen, and you have no control over it, why don't you just carry on as normal until it happens?
    Sorry I don't have your view at all. I could never live a la la, ho hum, bitch at anyone that does have hope, whatever kind of life that you show us all. It must be such a vacuum to live in and to have no life that does not include God and what he's promises for our future.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 18:46
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Wut? Are you mad? Trump is President so the end of the world is coming! 😲

We are all going to die!!!!!
    Who knows.....Lol.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 18:50
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What you call “misunderstandings” I call false prophesies.

Your cult sets itself up as being “the sole holders of God’s truth of earth”. They also make predictions which impact people’s thinking and hold to hardline doctrine which impinges of people’s lives and well being.

By setting yourselves up like this you abdicate the luxury of calling your repeated failed prophesies “misunderstandings.
    Call it what you want as I really don't care. Did you get that? I don't care!!!!!!!!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '18 21:58
    I don't care!!!!!!!!
    Oh...
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 22:46
    Sorry I don't have your view at all. I could never live a la la, ho hum, bitch at anyone that does have hope, whatever kind of life that you show us all. It must be such a vacuum to live in and to have no life that does not include God and what he's promises for our future.
    I could never live a la la, ho hum, bitch at anyone that does have hope...

You "hope" for the 'end times' when, according to your non-profit corporation, all human beings ~ apart from its members [Jehovah's Witnesses] ~ will be destroyed? Is that the "hope" you have with regard to this topic? Billions and billions of lives destroyed and about 7 million survivors?
  9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 23:43
    Since Galveston75 made this thread I'll just post it here. I assume he lives in Galveston, TX. I am very sorry to hear about the mass school shooting at Santa Fe High School. I had no idea it happened until I heard it on the radio on the way home. My heart goes out to the kids and families.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Since Galveston75 made this thread I'll just post it here. I assume he lives in Galveston, TX. I am very sorry to hear about the mass school shooting at Santa Fe High School. I had no idea it happened until I heard it on the radio on the way home. My heart goes out to the kids and families.
    Thanks Tom for your kind words. What a sad day for so many especially for the family members.
    Yes I am from Galveston but haven't lived there in many years. But I know Santa Fe very well as I have relatives that used to live there many years ago. Also the hospital where some of the victims were taken to in Galveston, at UTMB or the University of Texas Medical Branch is where both of my children were born and I also worked there for a little bit when my son was born. Between the hurricane last summer and now this, it has been a hard year or so for the area.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '18 16:59
    Thanks Tom for your kind words. What a sad day for so many especially for the family members.
    Yes I am from Galveston but haven't lived there in many years. But I know Santa Fe very well as I have relatives that used to live there many years ago. Also the hospital where some of the victims were taken to in Galveston, at UTMB or the University of Texas ...[text shortened]... orn. Between the hurricane last summer and now this, it has been a hard year or so for the area.
    While I sympathize with all untimely, unnecessary and violent loss of life, you people who live in any part of the developed world, have no clue of what a 'hard year', hardship, hardtimes, trouble, suffering ... etc, means.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 May '18 17:08
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    While I sympathize with all untimely, unnecessary and violent loss of life, you people who live in any part of the developed world, have no clue of what a 'hard year', hardship, hardtimes, trouble, suffering ... etc, means.
    It's all relative but I do agree I'm sure some parts of the earth are hell to live at when every minute their life's are in danger or you have no food or safe water to drink ever. I couldn't imagine how horrible that is.
    But when your child was alive just an hour or so before and is shot dead in a place that should be safe, that's a tough one to swallow no matter what part of the world your at.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 May '18 17:421 edit
    It's all relative but I do agree I'm sure some parts of the earth are hell to live at when every minute their life's are in danger or you have no food or safe water to drink ever. I couldn't imagine how horrible that is.
    But when your child was alive just an hour or so before and is shot dead in a place that should be safe, that's a tough one to swallow no matter what part of the world your at.
    Its all relative ... nice one. Translated means that if someone in a developed country is accustomed to safety, lots of food, good shelter, nice cars etc etc, and they have a little hurricane that destroys their garage, 2 SUVs and a sports car and their swimming pool is trashed then ... Oh the poor suffering people. But a country accustomed to poverty can withstand a Cat 5 hurricane, end up with nothing and live on the street for months... hey its no big deal .. its all relative. I dont care for your well develop logic.

Did you know that yesterday while 100 people died in a plane crash in Cuba? Hey ... right in my neck of the woods there were 5 violent killings ... 3 this morning,.. more tomorrow for sure. Im sure in some parts of the world there are thousands starving, while some countries routinely dump perfectly good food.

Its all relative.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 May '18 17:24
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Its all relative ... nice one. Translated means that if someone in a developed country is accustomed to safety, lots of food, good shelter, nice cars etc etc, and they have a little hurricane that destroys their garage, 2 SUVs and a sports car and their swimming pool is trashed then ... Oh the poor suffering people. But a country accustomed to poverty can w ...[text shortened]... housands starving, while some countries routinely dump perfectly good food.

Its all relative.
    No I didn't mean that at all. Don't judge. Most of the time I can hardly watch the news anymore with all the horrible things that are happening and how it affects humans no matter the country it's happening in rich or poor. And the fact is in can happen any where, any time.
    I think it's sad when your out in public and you catch yourself trying to figure out where the closest escape route is to run if someone pulls out a gun and starts shooting.
    Unfortunately this as well as many other countries deal with this daily. But this is just one of many things that the bible describes that would become more and more numerous as the last days become more identified.

Luke 21:26
    "People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken."

Many live with this daily fear in most parts of the world. I know many here says this in most conversations I hear and am a part of.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 May '18 00:54
    I just have to speak my mind for a minute. First I know that it will be only by God's Kingdom which is ruled by Jesus that will very soon wipe the earth of all wickedness including godless humans that produce the huge amount of demonic games, TV shows, songs and movies that so demonically influence the youth of today. Almost all of the young murderers that have taken guns into schools to mindlessly fill our children and their teacher full of bullets, usually admit they've done this because they've lost reality of life because of what they've been watching.
    But no matter the reasons behind these kids deciding to do this, the fact is they almost always have easy access to unlocked gun cases at home that are owned by their parents.
    So parents, teachers, friends many times don't see the mental issues with kids or don't care too which is sad. That's one of the problems and the other is easy access to guns at home.
    So one problem is the kids mental issues, second is the availability of guns at home. Neither of these are going away and will probably get worse. I would think that if a law was past that held parents who do not lock up guns in their house when anyone under 21 is in their house whether they live there or not, and "that gun was used in a crime" by anyone under 21, that person should be charged with the same crime. Sounds really harsh huh? Just think about it for awhile.
    Just my thought.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree