Peace and security?

Peace and security?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @galveston75
Well I haven't seen or heard what everyone else should be hearing or seeing if they are paying attention just as Jesus said. Many of the signs that are very clear in the bible as to events, attitudes of most humans and just the general culture of the world of mankind that as a whole are running the planet are happening now.
If one does not see these ...[text shortened]... d the directions of his son Jesus and do as they ask of us? I'd say that would be a great start.
I'm not really clear on what you are saying or whether you are just carefully backing away from your thread's OP and premise.

Am I correct in saying that what you are saying is that you haven't seen anything in particular to prompt this thread, but you just think that the world is generally living in the last days?

F

Moves
17 May 18

Because the JWs are a doomsday cult, from what I can make out, its members have been convincing themselves that they are a mere few years away from the 'end times' and this has been going on for 140 years or so.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
This opening sentence doesn't seem to make much sense...
Sorry. It should be this: "Well I haven't seen or heard what everyone else says they are hearing or seeing if they are paying attention just as Jesus said.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Have you thought about the possibility that the instance of the sign you've been waiting for - a world leader taking about "peace and security" - might not be going to happen for another 2,000 years?
It will happen in Jehovah's time. But Jesus gave the signs and there are many and for ones who are truly paying attention, you will see them. If one is not paying attention or has no care at all or is full of doubts, YOU will not see them.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 May 18

I'm not really clear on what you are saying or whether you are just carefully backing away from your thread's OP and premise.

Am I correct in saying that what you are saying is that you haven't seen anything in particular to prompt this thread, but you just think that the world is generally living in the last days?
No, that is not what I'm saying or have ever said.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 May 18

Because the JWs are a doomsday cult, from what I can make out, its members have been convincing themselves that they are a mere few years away from the 'end times' and this has been going on for 140 years or so.
View us as you see fit.......

F

Moves
17 May 18

View us as you see fit.......
My view of your organisation's track record in predicting the 'end times' according to "signs" is based squarely on what it actually is: time and time and time again, always wrong, always claiming special knowledge, always sanctimonious.

Moves
17 May 18

It will happen in Jehovah's time. But Jesus gave the signs and there are many and for ones who are truly paying attention, you will see them. If one is not paying attention or has no care at all or is full of doubts, YOU will not see them.
So...when’s it going to happen then?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 18

He answered that in the very first sentence from the post you quoted. Jesus Christ Himself wasn’t aware of the time of His return, though he knew and spoke of what signs would precede it.

And you expect galveston75 to give you a date?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 May 18

What did I say in the first sentence of my answer?????

F

Moves
18 May 18

If you don't know when it's going to happen, and you have no control over it, why don't you just carry on as normal until it happens?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
He answered that in the very first sentence from the post you quoted. Jesus Christ Himself wasn’t aware of the time of His return, though he knew and spoke of what signs would precede it.

And you expect galveston75 to give you a date?
The JWs as a group have already given at least three dates (at least the year) that they believed Jesus would come back. They've been wrong every time. Some of them have even gone so far as to claim that he's already returned.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 May 18

My view of your organisation's track record in predicting the 'end times' according to "signs" is based squarely on what it actually is: time and time and time again, always wrong, always claiming special knowledge, always sanctimonious.
Whatever dude...... Yeah misunderstandings of the scriptures can happen with anyone, including yourself.
But at least trying to understand them is going in the right direction instead of drawing blanks with no idea what those prophecies in the bible mean, like you yourself have no idea.
The bible clearly says that as time went on that "the light of understanding would get brighter and brighter" in understanding those prophecies. You seem to have a lack of understanding that simple explanation that it would take time to finally see, once the light was very bright, then the full understanding would be there. So just as one who first hears the news of some event usually can get it wrong, this is no different. Once the facts become more clear, then the understanding of that event is more accurately explained.
Plus the really big fact you so conveniently miss is when the misunderstandings were recognized, the Watchtower Society always announced the correction and explained why the original thought was a misunderstanding and what the new change was.
But then you have also left the bible completely have you not? Why is that? No understanding of it at all I would guess......

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
The JWs as a group have already given at least three dates (at least the year) that they believed Jesus would come back. They've been wrong every time. Some of them have even gone so far as to claim that he's already returned.
Hey Suzi Q,

Saw part of an interesting video on YouTube that was linked on another chess website about a year ago that said some long-ago brainiac (forget who; may have been Newton) used alchemy to determine the year of Christ’s return and came up with either 2060 or 2066 (can’t remember which but am pretty sure it was one of those two.) And he made that prediction some 300-400 years ago.

Wild and wacky stuff, as Johnny Carson used to say.

PS Did you mail your check yet for Donald Trump’s re-election? Please get that in the mail ASAP!

PPS Do you want your MAGA hat in red or white?

PPPS Do you know what alchemy is? I can’t remember.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
He has. He took his position by his Father Jehovah's side in 1914. The bible never said he was going to actually be walking on the earth, but that his "presence" would be here. Until you understand why that word " presence" was used and why Jesus would never be physically be here on the earth, you'll never get it. Does not the bible clearly say he will be sitting by his Fathers side "in heaven" ruling over the earth? Do you not pray that his Kingdom will come ( or it's affects) to earth as it is in heaven? Jesus was raised a spirit and will always be a spirit. Remember you can't see a spirit?