1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 19:24
    Originally posted by Canadaguy
    To me sunday is just another day, so why do I and every other non christian have to suffer with sunday hours? stores open later and close earlier, busses stop earlier and have longer wait times, downtown shops don't even open etc. This annoys me greatly.
    Because Christians are numerous enough to be a significant portion of the customer base for these stores and busses. There's nothing wrong with this situation. If you lived in West Hollywood or The Castro you'd have to deal with businesses catering to homosexuals.
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 22:45
    Originally posted by David C
    Yeah, but as of yesterday, my friend...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!???!!!
    *looks at thread title again* "Penalized on Sundays"

Damn this post fits perfectly. I love NFL, but I can't stand how half the good plays in the game don't ever count because of "holding"
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 22:52
    Originally posted by Coconut
    *looks at thread title again* "Penalized on Sundays"

Damn this post fits perfectly. I love NFL, but I can't stand how half the good plays in the game don't ever count because of "holding"
    Yes, it's incredible how guards seem to sit on tackles and linebackers just when a huge whole has opened up in the defense.
  4. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 11:36
    Originally posted by Redmike
    In which part of england are xmas decorations banned?
    No takers on any details for this allegation?
  5. Calgary
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 20:48
    I'm not against the church or xtianity, but I don't follow them. A majority of the drvers here in Calgary or muslim(I think). So why not treat sunday and holidays as a normal day? If its important to you then by rights you should have the freedom to celebrate those holidays without being penalized at work for them but if I or others don't follow that religion why can't I work on christmas? why aren't shops open for me? If religion is so important, and so is equality why discriminate? Lets celebrate Rammadan(sp.) and Chanukka(sp.) as paid holidays. If I demanded holiday pay for those holidays I would get turned down.
  6. London
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 21:07
    I'm not against the church or xtianity, but I don't follow them. A majority of the drvers here in Calgary or muslim(I think). So why not treat sunday and holidays as a normal day? If its important to you then by rights you should have the freedom to celebrate those holidays without being penalized at work for them but if I or others don't follow that ...[text shortened]... ka(sp.) as paid holidays. If I demanded holiday pay for those holidays I would get turned down.
    LOL. If you wanted to give Muslims time off for Ramadan, you'd have to give them a whole month off ...

And Ramadan is a month of fasting and repentence, btw (kinda like Lent) - not something to celebrate.
  7. Calgary
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 21:11
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    LOL. If you wanted to give Muslims time off for Ramadan, you'd have to give them a whole month off ...

And Ramadan is a month of fasting and repentence, btw (kinda like Lent) - not something to celebrate.
    Well duh! I have worked with muslims and I'm sure they felt discriminated against cause their holidays don't seem as important. They didn't get time and a half if they worked, or couldn't get time off for religious reasons. We here in Canada claim be be multi-cultural, and respect all cultured, but yet we force people to follow christian holidays and sabbath. What if a muslim wanted to take the bus late on sunday but can't because they've stopped early?
  8. London
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 21:15
    Well duh! I have worked with muslims and I'm sure they felt discriminated against cause their holidays don't seem as important. They didn't get time and a half if they worked, or couldn't get time off for religious reasons. We here in Canada claim be be multi-cultural, and respect all cultured, but yet we force people to follow christian holidays an ...[text shortened]... hat if a muslim wanted to take the bus late on sunday but can't because they've stopped early?
    I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. Christians work Sundays in Islamic countries.
  9. Calgary
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 21:421 edit
    I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. Christians work Sundays in Islamic countries.
    Last I hear they also get their heads chopped off, it's a crazy world we live in isn't it?
  10. London
    Moves
    16 Sep '05 21:48
    Last I hear they also get their heads chopped off, it's a crazy world we live in isn't it?
    Just in Saudi Arabia.
  11. Calgary
    Moves
    17 Sep '05 06:14
    Just in Saudi Arabia.
    nootch
  12. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '05 13:20
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Yeah i find that annoying sometimes, like on Sunday morning when i really want a beer but the local shop cant sell them til 10AM! Any other time i can buy them at 8AM!
    you could always keep a couple of beers around the house to tide you over until 10 AM, couldn't you?
  13. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '05 14:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '05 14:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Sep '05 14:52
    In a democratic, pluralistic society, gains from exchange should not be restricted by superstitious observances.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree