Penalized on Sundays

Penalized on Sundays

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

Calgary

Moves
11 Sep 05

To me sunday is just another day, so why do I and every other non christian have to suffer with sunday hours? stores open later and close earlier, busses stop earlier and have longer wait times, downtown shops don't even open etc. This annoys me greatly.

SS

Moves
11 Sep 05

C

Earth Prime

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by Canadaguy
To me sunday is just another day, so why do I and every other non christian have to suffer with sunday hours? stores open later and close earlier, busses stop earlier and have longer wait times, downtown shops don't even open etc. This annoys me greatly.
Why don't you work on Christmas and live in the year 4,602,178,355? Because the country was built on a Christian foundation. It's being chipped away slowly, so if that's what you want, just wait a bit.

mf

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by Coconut
Why don't you work on Christmas and live in the year 4,602,178,355? Because the country was built on a Christian foundation. It's being chipped away slowly, so if that's what you want, just wait a bit.
work on christmas.......hmmmmm isn`t that treble time😏

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Sep 05

I wonder how strong your analogy to a foundation really is. There is no doubt that many of the founders were xtian; however, many were not. Moreover, they were very deliberate about making sure that the necessary evil of government was kept away from religion and religion from government. This was challenged at times throughout in 19th century, but the seperationists always made sure the founders intentions were protected.

Again today we have those who naively wish to tear down that wall. Their eyes are clouded. For now their belief is the majority view. Their religion will be the one that dominates the public square. But once you have begun tearing down the wall, and the minority religions are all but silenced, xtianity will do as it always does: turn in upon itself. It will begin weeding out the True Christians TM. First, the JW's, SDA's, and LDS's. Then the Catholics. Maybe over time the ones who piously thought they were bringing the Truth to gov't will find that they've erected an anti-christ.

We are only as free as the smallest minority among us.

SS

Moves
12 Sep 05

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
In some parts of my country christmas decorations are banned in city centres, in case it is offensive to muslims.. A case of the oppressed majority?
No. It's about keeping purely religious symbols out of government.

Any time you wonder what the fuss is about Ten Commandment monunments not being allowed outside state courthouses, ceremonial prayers before public school football games, or nativity scenes in city halls, just substitute for each of them a pentagram, a star of david or Raelian star, or the Muslim star and crescent. Think of replacing those commandments with some lines from the Koran and a bit with ""There is no God, but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet."

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
12 Sep 05

That is a complete and absolute lie. The United States was most definitely NOT built on a christian foundation. It was built on a foundation of separation of church and state.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
12 Sep 05

In some parts of my country christmas decorations are banned in city centres, in case it is offensive to muslims.. A case of the oppressed majority?
In which part of england are xmas decorations banned?

l

London

Moves
12 Sep 05

BdN - if you're reading, this is an example of the kind of law that rises from the ideology of relativism.

l

London

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by telerion
No. It's about keeping purely religious symbols out of government.
He isn't talking about government, is he?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
12 Sep 05

Yeah, but as of yesterday, my friend...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!???!!!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
BdN - if you're reading, this is an example of the kind of law that rises from the ideology of relativism.
I'm starting to see what you mean...is the horror of political correctness a relative issue ?

h

Cosmos

Moves
12 Sep 05

Yes, it really is crazy that the majority of the populace have only 2 days a week off to do shopping, and on one of those the shops are closed...

...and all because some idiots believe a book of fairy tales written out of pure ignorance thousands of years ago!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
He isn't talking about government, is he?
I took city center to mean something like a city hall or other municipal place of governance or property of the local government. This is only natural given that his post was a response to mine about the seperation of gov't and religion in the US.

If no one is allowed to set up a nativity scene on their own private property, then I'd most likely disagree with the law. He didn't give me many details, so I can't give an informed opinion. Then again, correct me if I'm wrong, Britain doesn't have an analog to our First Amendment so maybe church/state in Britain is very different from here.