1. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 13:30
    The other day I was confronted by a young man while I was playing the pokies.He claimed that if I died on the way home I would not be saved ( I am Christian) as I was willingly sinning.( his opinion). Who has an opinion on this,not the pokies being a sin but being forgiven or not when we do willingly sin.I believe we ( Christians) are saved once we truly accept Christ as our saviour and do not go through life-saved,not saved,yes,no,yes no etc. Many people sin one way or the other in an intentional manner. If anyone can quote the Bible on this I would appreciate it. If you have an opinion can you please state if you are Christian or not. Thank you.

Jim Mc
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 13:35
    Originally posted by jimmac
    The other day I was confronted by a young man while I was playing the pokies.He claimed that if I died on the way home I would not be saved ( I am Christian) as I was willingly sinning.( his opinion). Who has an opinion on this,not the pokies being a sin but being forgiven or not when we do willingly sin.I believe we ( Christians) are saved once we truly acce ...[text shortened]... can you please state if you are Christian or not. Thank you.

Jim Mc
    Did you ask him about the plank in his eye?
  3. Joined
    17 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 15:57
    I'm a born again Christian & when a person truly becomes a Christian he or she is born again. Note John Cpt. 3, especially verses 1-7 & also 16. When a person is born he or she can't become unborn. It's the same when a person is born again spiritually. When a person sincerely, in prayer to God, admits that he or she is a sinner & repents of their sins & trusts only in Jesus Christ as personal Lord & Savior that person is born again & receives God's gift of salvation & eternal life. All Christians still commit sin everyday however we should try to avoid sin as much as possible. We should confess our sins daily in order to stay in fellowship with God. Once you receive God's gift of salvation you can't lose it.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 22:07
    Originally posted by johnchp3
    I'm a born again Christian & when a person truly becomes a Christian he or she is born again. Note John Cpt. 3, especially verses 1-7 & also 16. When a person is born he or she can't become unborn. It's the same when a person is born again spiritually. When a person sincerely, in prayer to God, admits that he or she is a sinner & repents of their sins & tr ...[text shortened]... o stay in fellowship with God. Once you receive God's gift of salvation you can't lose it.
    That is as I see it.I admire his conviction though,I would like some of his courage. Does anyone disagree with this and why.i.e agree with him.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 07:38
    Originally posted by johnchp3
    I'm a born again Christian & when a person truly becomes a Christian he or she is born again. Note John Cpt. 3, especially verses 1-7 & also 16. When a person is born he or she can't become unborn. It's the same when a person is born again spiritually. When a person sincerely, in prayer to God, admits that he or she is a sinner & repents of their sins & tr ...[text shortened]... o stay in fellowship with God. Once you receive God's gift of salvation you can't lose it.
    Should this, should that, but you dont say why!
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 07:39
    The other day I was confronted by a young man while I was playing the pokies.He claimed that if I died on the way home I would not be saved ( I am Christian) as I was willingly sinning.( his opinion). Who has an opinion on this,not the pokies being a sin but being forgiven or not when we do willingly sin.I believe we ( Christians) are saved once we truly acce ...[text shortened]... can you please state if you are Christian or not. Thank you.

Jim Mc
    The real question is, if you are trully Christian and believe in God and all that then why do you sin? Dont you know its wrong? Do you willingly offend God? If you just cant help it doesnt that negate the whole free will clause?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 07:48

Jim Mc
    Nope, you can slice up an entire Boy Scout troop and filet them with a nice raspberry sauce and you're swell once you're "born again".
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 23:53
    While the notion that being 'saved' earns perpetual forgiveness may be attractive to some - especially those who continue to willingly sin , it just doesn't ring true.

Just what is meant by "taking Jesus Christ as your Savior" and "following the Lord"? Is one saved by saying, "I take Jesus Christ as my Savior", like some kind of incantation? Or is one saved by actually following His teachings? See Luke 6:46-49. See Matthew 7:21-23. Saved from what? How about saved from sinning?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 01:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The real question is, if you are trully Christian and believe in God and all that then why do you sin? Dont you know its wrong? Do you willingly offend God? If you just cant help it doesnt that negate the whole free will clause?
    because it is fun.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 08:54
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    because it is fun.
    So, do you still have free will or must you, by your very nature do 'fun' things? Why did God make sin 'fun'? Knowing the consequences of sin, why still do 'fun' things if you can clearly see that the punishment outweighs the benefits? Does it mean that:
    1. you just cant think that far ahead.
    2. God sending Jesus was a mistake as it actually allows people to sin more.
    3. sin is not really a big problem so long as you get forgiven.
    4. you are not 100% convinced that God exists and so are playing both sides (enjoy yourself but still pray 'just in case'😉
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 05:201 edit
    Romans 6:15-23.
    "What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey, whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that you were teh servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, you became servants of righteousness. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh; for as you have yielded your members servants to uncleaness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yeild your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. For when you were the servants of sin, you were free from righteousness. What fruit had you then in those things whereof you are now ashamed: For the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, you have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 10:06
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    While the notion that being 'saved' earns perpetual forgiveness may be attractive to some - especially those who continue to willingly sin , it just doesn't ring true.

Just what is meant by "taking Jesus Christ as your Savior" and "following the Lord"? Is one saved by saying, "I take Jesus Christ as my Savior", like some kind of incantation? Or is one ...[text shortened]... ? See Luke 6:46-49. See Matthew 7:21-23. Saved from what? How about saved from sinning?
    Do you believe that we spend our time saved/unsaved-saved again etc. are you not EVER guilty of not loving your neighbour.That is an impossible commandment for most to follow and we usually ignore it with intent. I believe that we are indeed saved by saying,"I take the lord Jesus to be my saviour" so long as we mean it. How well we follow (or how poorly) will be judged only by God.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 10:12
    It is in mans nature to sin and though I do want not to it is sometimes to hard.The struggle and anxiety that I go through TRYING to get it right suggests that I am not accepting Gods grace. One should be aware of there sinning ( often open to interpretation) and pray about it. I do. are you Cristian?
  14. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 10:421 edit
    So, do you still have free will or must you, by your very nature do 'fun' things? Why did God make sin 'fun'? Knowing the consequences of sin, why still do 'fun' things if you can clearly see that the punishment outweighs the benefits? Does it mean that:
    1. you just cant think that far ahead.
    2. God sending Jesus was a mistake as it actually allows peop ...[text shortened]... God exists and so are playing both sides (enjoy yourself but still pray 'just in case'😉
    neither, you have to admit, at the time you are tempted to sin it sounds like a good idea. why do you think Christians continue to sin? its not because they dont believe in God, when you are confronted with the chance to sin, sometimes you lose and give in.
    Edit: i was in a bad mood when i said "it was fun", and also i wondered what people would say lol
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 11:09
    I like ice-cream.

No, I'm not trying to destroy this thread with a completely irrelevant and meaningless comment. Think about it.

I like ice-cream.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree