1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Despite what you think the Bible says, you are not in a position to judge who will get eternal life.
    I am not judging but instead trying to understand if the bible allows for alternate paths to heaven. What does the scripture below mean to you?

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 17:3 And this is eternal life,that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:061 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I am not judging but instead trying to understand if the bible allows for alternate paths to heaven. What does the scripture below mean to you?

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and t ...[text shortened]... no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
    It means that Christ is the one who will decide who gets eternal life. Not you.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:09
    If I grow up in Islam as a Muslim and accept Mohammed as my savior, and I am a good guy who does a lot of good works, do I have a chance to get into Heaven?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:11
    If I grow up in Islam as a Muslim and accept Mohammed as my savior, and I am a good guy who does a lot of good works, do I have a chance to get into Heaven?
    Christ knows. I though you 'once saved always saved', born-again Christians claim to speak to Christ. Just ask him.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:132 edits
    It means that Christ is the one who will decide who gets eternal life. Not you.
    Apparently you have decided that jesus will decide. Yet, the scripture seems much more harsh than that. I notice you avoid the harsh reality of the scripture and instead impose an arrogant, self-serving, nonsensical, and avoiding interpretion on the scripture. Either you are stupid and don't know what you are talking about, or you are being arrogant, self-serving, and manipulative.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:141 edit
    Christ knows. I though you 'once saved always saved', born-again Christians claim to speak to Christ. Just ask him.
    If jesus does not answer and I reject jesus as savior, but mohammed answers me that I will go to heaven because I have accepted mohammed as savior, does that mean I go to heaven?

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:18
    Apparently you have decided that jesus will decide. Yet, the scripture seems much more harsh than that. I notice you avoid the harsh reality of the scripture and instead impose an arrogant, self-serving, nonsensical, and avoiding interpretion on the scripture. Either you are stupid and don't know what you are talking, or you are being arrogant, self-serving, and manipulative.
    Christ will judge. Christians are supposed to obey Christ and live in hope that He will judge them favourably. Your trying to condemn other religions is a clear sign of your arrogance.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:20
    I though you 'once saved always saved', born-again Christians claim to speak to Christ. Just ask him.
    I am not a practiciing christian. I was referring to scripture in the bible you ignore. As for me, I think much of the bible is not good.
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:212 edits
    Christ will judge. Christians are supposed to obey Christ and live in hope that He will judge them favourably. Your trying to condemn other religions is a clear sign of your arrogance.
    I would feel comfortable that if there is a god or one or more gods, and a heaven, that there be alternate paths to heaven. Yet, I can't help but think it is moot and there is no afterlife, but we just decay into a memory.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:22
    I am not a practiciing christian. I was referring to scripture in the bible you ignore. As for me, I think much of the bible is not good.
    You are entitled to any opinion you like about the Bible.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:23
    I would feel comfortable that if there is a god or one or more gods, and a heaven, that there be alternate paths to heaven. Yet, I can't help but think it is moot and there is no afterlife, but we just decay into a memory.
    I think you will find out the answers to many of your questions not too long from now. Have patience .. you wont live forever.
  12. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:231 edit
    You are entitled to any opinion you like about the Bible.
    One last try. The scripture below does not say jesus will decide, but instead that jesus is the only way.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 17:3 And this is eternal life,that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:24
    One last try. The scripture below does not say jesus will decide, but instead that jesus is the only way.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts ...[text shortened]... lse, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
    One last try for what?
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:272 edits
    One last try for what?
    One last try for you to explain your assertion that scripture merely means that jesus will simply decide. You avoid the clarity that the only way to get to heaven is to accept jesus and not reject him. You suggest that one could reject jesus as savior (and say accept mohammed as savior), and that person could still get to heaven. How does the scripture not preclude that?

15. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:28
    One last try for you to explain your assertion that scripture merely means that jesus will simply decide, instead the clarity that the only way to get to heaven is to accept jesus and not reject him. You suggest that one could reject jesus as savior (and say accept mohammed as savior), and that person could still get to heaven. How does the scripture not ...[text shortened]... one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.[/b]
    Christ will judge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree