1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:303 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christ will judge.
    So we are to ignore the bible and do as we please, and count on jesus judging us ok to get into heaven. You ignore the bible and do not use it teachings. So to your Muslim friend, you just tell him that jesus will decide instead of telling him that he will likely not get in to heaven because he has rejected jesus as savior. Seems irresponsible for a christian in view of the clear scripture. Unless of course, you beleive there are other inspired works including the Koran, for instance, and there are alternate paths, and the bible is not perfectly accurate.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 02:34
    Originally posted by moon1969
    So we are to ignore the bible and do as we please, and count on jesus judging us ok to get into heaven. You ignore the bible and do not use it teachings. So to your Muslim friend, you just tell him that jesus will decide instead of telling him that he will likely not get in to heaven because he has rejected jesus as savior. Seems irresponsible for a chri ...[text shortened]... one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.[/b]
    Christ will judge the whole world. Not just Christians.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 04:13
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I think the debacle over the ordination of women within Christianity would seem to negate your point. Interestingly it's not the first time i've seen the 'woman card' being played on this forum by a Christian. I remember jaywill making a similar snide remark against finnegan.
    I wish I could say I was above insulting people, I'm' not. I'd say it wasn't a
    Christain trait, its a human one.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 15:342 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I wish I could say I was above insulting people, I'm' not. I'd say it wasn't a
    Christain trait, its a human one.
    Kelly
    If you aren't "above insulting people" and believe it to be a "human [trait]", why isn't it the same for Rajk999?

Instead you make accusations like the following about him:
    "This is the kind of thing we have been pointing out to you, you speak the
    words yet you do not seem to have the fruit of the Spirit. It is like you are mouthing words you know are right, but don't know what they really
    mean."

You accuse him of not having "the fruit of the Spirit". You accuse him of only "mouthing the words". Why don't you apply to same to yourself? Any chance that he's right about you guys?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 15:582 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If you aren't "above insulting people" and believe it to be a "human [trait]", why isn't it the same for Rajk999?

words yet [b]you do not seem to have the fruit of the Spirit
    . It is like you are mouthing words y don't you apply to same to yourself? Any chance that he's right about you guys?
    [/b]It is the same for both of us, just as it is a human trait to do a lot of nasty things to
    each other. We are all human and from time to time we allow ourselves to fall into
    the nasty side of our nature. We know enough to know when we are doing wrong
    or bad, and we can either repent from that, or justify our actions, or ignore our own
    wrong doing. I'm a sinner, I need Jesus Christ if I sin, it is part of my daily walk
    to strive to do better, but my righteousness isn't in my efforts but Jesus Christ. I
    don't even credit my desire to do right to myself, but to God since without him I know
    the type of things I could be doing.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 16:06
    It is the same for both of us, just as it is a human trait to do a lot of nasty things to
    each other. We are all human and from time to time we allow ourselves to fall into
    the nasty side of our nature. We know enough to know when we are doing wrong
    or bad, and we can either repent from that, or justify our actions, or ignore our own
    wrong doing. I' ...[text shortened]... t to myself, but to God since without him I know
    the type of things I could be doing.
    Kelly[/b]
    You seem to be avoiding the point.

From what I can tell, you believe you have "the fruit of the Spirit", yet you basically accuse Rajk999 of not having "the fruit of the Spirit" for exhibiting certain behaviors, yet you exhibit the same behaviors.

If it's the "same for both of [you]", then do you acknowledge that you no more have "the fruit of the Spirit" than he does?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 16:071 edit

words yet [b]you do not seem to have the fruit of the Spirit
    . It is like you are mouthing words y don't you apply to same to yourself? Any chance that he's right about you guys?
    [/b]My main complaint agaist Rajk isn't his nasty nature, it is that he wants to justify
    himself and others by saying we have work for our salvation to be saved. He also
    twists things people say to him into things they have not said. I and everyone else
    have been saying we will do good works, God created us to do them, it should be
    as much in our nature to do good things and not so much to do bad. Right now our
    nature has a lot of evil things about, we are killing each other, robbing each other,
    lying, stealing, and so on. That is how humans live, we lust for what others have,
    we lust for others, it is our nature. God is saving us, He is making in us the people
    we were meant to be where those things will become less and less a part of our
    lives. It is good to live a life where you love God and man and that is your driving
    force, even over all the power and wealth of this world.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 17:352 edits
    My main complaint agaist Rajk isn't his nasty nature, it is that he wants to justify
    himself and others by saying we have work for our salvation to be saved. He also
    twists things people say to him into things they have not said. I and everyone else
    have been saying we will do good works, God created us to do them, it should be
    as much in our nature ...[text shortened]... d man and that is your driving
    force, even over all the power and wealth of this world.
    Kelly[/b]
    My main complaint agaist Rajk isn't his nasty nature

That may not be your "main complaint", but it's one you've made often. Following are a few examples:

words yet you do not seem to have the fruit of the Spirit. It is like you are
    mouthing words you know are right, but don't know what they really
    mean."

"Insulting someone while you are 'giving' your good advice sort of hides your
    loving kindness you are I'm sure trying to display. You should work on letting your little light shine right now it is hidden behind your disrespectful and mean
    spiritedness. "

"You are very insulting, I suggest you go back and look at how you treat others no need to quote since most of your posts carry a very nasty tone."

So the following still stands. Can you directly address the question in the following?:
    You seem to be avoiding the point.

From what I can tell, you believe you have "the fruit of the Spirit", yet you basically accuse Rajk999 of not having "the fruit of the Spirit" for exhibiting certain behaviors, yet you exhibit the same behaviors.

If it's the "same for both of [you]", then do you acknowledge that you no more have "the fruit of the Spirit" than he does?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 03:08
    [b]My main complaint agaist Rajk isn't his nasty nature

That may not be your "main complaint", but it's one you've made often. Following are a few examples:

words yet you do not seem to have the fruit of the Spirit. It is like you are
    mouthing words you know ar ...[text shortened]... e that you no more have "the fruit of the Spirit" than he does?
    [/b]
    My complaints with Rajk are between us, what do you care?
    I think you have enough troubles trying to make your points clear than to
    stick you nose in other's problems.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 19:471 edit
    My complaints with Rajk are between us, what do you care?
    I think you have enough troubles trying to make your points clear than to
    stick you nose in other's problems.
    Kelly
    You've clearly demonstrated your hypocrisy.

That you also lack the character to admit it makes it all the more appalling.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 00:401 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    For me....

It means knowing that I am incredibly loved in an intimate way. It's a realization that Christ knows me better than myself.

It means knowing that Christ is at the right hand of the Father interceding for me when I fail and asking the Holy Spirit to bless me.

It means knowing that I can come to Him in prayer and He will not turn ...[text shortened]... elt the Holy Spirit melt your heart with the love of Christ? Have you not wept in His presence?
    I would like to add some words of affirmation to the testimony given here:

For me....

It means knowing that I am incredibly loved in an intimate way. It's a realization that Christ knows me better than myself.

I agree. I do not always feel CRUSHED by this huge sense of LOVE from Jesus. But definitely when I sense it the MOST is when He is something in me that I do not have on my owm. That Christ actually gave Himself not only FOR me at Calvary is great love. But that He daily, hourly, gives Himself TO me to live through Him, expresses the highest love.

It means knowing that Christ is at the right hand of the Father interceding for me when I fail and asking the Holy Spirit to bless me.

Amen. The Holy Spirit Himself is the greatest blessing. He is life and peace.

It means knowing that I can come to Him in prayer and He will not turn me away but will accept me.

I agree. I can talk to Christ about anything. He knows what is on my heart even before I speak.

In the communion He works Himself more into my soul. Like the Psalmist, I can say "I love the Lord because He hears my voice ..."

It means knowing that He will rebuke me and tell me where I am going astray.

Thank God for One you can go to to get the absolute honest TRUTH and in LOVE. Thank God we can be saved from self delusion.

Thank God we can go where there is no lie. It never destroys me. I may wrestle with Him. But it is always better in the end to allow Christ to lead me into reality.

"The truth shall make you free."

It means loving Him by loving , helping and giving to others.

When He is happy I feel that happiness refected in my own heart.
    It is true. Serving others with Christ and by Christ is so fulfilling and joyful.

Often this requires that I deny myself. I deny myself and allow Christ to live through me.

It means hearing his voice within me as a reassuring quiet whisper of love that fills me with joy and peace

We rejoice. We rejoice not always in our circumstances. BUT in our circumstances we rejoice in the Lord.

In difficulties we can rejoice in the Lord. Thanksgiving and praise in the midst of any and all situations ALWAYS brings me to the throne of God. This is the threshold of resurrection.

It means confessing my sin to Him and trusting Him that he will make me more compassionate and loving.

Sins are based on lies. It is the truth that makes us free.

Lke the hymn :

"Glorious freedom, Wonderful freedom.
    No more in chains of sin I repine.
    Jesus the glorious Imancipator,
    Now and forever He shall be mine."

Some of these old Hymn writers really knew what they were talking about.

It means realizing that when I have been in trouble He has been there helping me

Through trouble we grow in Him. He regulates the amount of trial we go through. We come out with roots sunk deeper in Christ through trials.

It means being in a room and knowing that His Spirit and presence is actually there for real (where two or three are gathered in my name there will I be)

There not many things in which you and another person KNOW that you are having the same experience. Christ is the unifying One. We know that we are in fellowship.

We are in fellowship with the Son and with the apostles. Like lightbulbs all attached to one current and flow of electricity. How the enemy fights to distract us from this one flow.

But this is the fellowship and the communion which will be with us forever.

"For the sake of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever." ( 2 John 2)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree