Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
You have it wrong. God's Word isn't interpreted by man. When it is disagreements arise.

Private, or personal interpretation means the one doing the interpreting will project his own meaning into the text. The text speaks for itself. One can study the text, learn from the text and be influenced by the text, but one cannot apply meaning to the text. The scripture speaks for itself.
Are both the Douay-Rheims and the KJV the Bible that speaks for itself?

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

You have it wrong. God's Word isn't interpreted by man. When it is disagreements arise.
I don't have it wrong at all, josephw. God's Word is interpreted by man. That's why there is diversity of interpretation and understanding within Christendom and that's why disagreements arise.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Apr 17
1 edit

Private, or personal interpretation means the one doing the interpreting will project his own meaning into the text. The text speaks for itself. One can study the text, learn from the text and be influenced by the text, but one cannot apply meaning to the text. The scripture speaks for itself.
You say the scripture speaks for itself, So where did the scripture say:
"JESUS WAS BORN WITHOUT SIN"?
Apparently nowhere, because nobody who claims that is true can produce supporting passages.

So it is YOUR interpretation or YOUR PRIVATE interpretation which has projected your own meaning to other texts, leading to your false doctrine.

Clearly you are not allowing the text to speak for itself. You are applyinn YOUR meaning to the text and not allowing the scripture to speak for itself.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17
1 edit

Private, or personal interpretation means the one doing the interpreting will project his own meaning into the text. The text speaks for itself.
And yet Christians for 2,000 years have been doing exactly that ~ interpreting the Bible and projecting meaning onto the text (a.k.a. interpreting it). In so far as "the text speaks for itself", different Christians have heard and understood the Bible to say different things.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
You are not talking about the same thing. Closer would be found in Hebrews 7:

6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed t ...[text shortened]... r priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
How is that not the same thing? The text quoted is clearly relevant to the proposition that 'Sin is passed down through the father,'

'Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
How is that not the same thing? The text quoted is clearly relevant to the proposition that 'Sin is passed down through the father,'

'Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.'

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
Ghost, FMF said I "silenced" you about something concerning the Holocaust.
Do you not remember what DeepThought said to you immediately after you accused him of being like a Holocaust denier?

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

Do you have any idea what he is talking about ? When were we discussing something about the Holocaust and I supposedly "silenced" you ?
Why are you addressing this question to Ghost of a Duke?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Are you using this passage to argue that Paul was wrong to speak of death passing to all men from Adam's sin ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Why are you addressing this question to Ghost of a Duke?
Why are you asking me this question ?
You don't want Ghost to speak up for himself ?

Some kind of control freak you are ?
I bet you project your own control freak attitude towards your Creator as well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you not remember what DeepThought said to you immediately after you accused him of being like a Holocaust denier?
No, I don't remember.

Find it and quote it to me.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

Why are you asking me this question ?
You don't want Ghost to speak up for himself ?

Some kind of control freak you are ?
I bet you project your own control freak attitude towards your Creator as well.
What does Ghost of a Duke have to do with you likening DeepThought to a Holocaust denier?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
What does Ghost of a Duke have to do with you likening DeepThought to a Holocaust denier?
That is a confusing on my part of DeepThought with Ghostof Duke.
My mistake if the identities were confused be me.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

No, I don't remember.

Find it and quote it to me.
Well, if you took it upon yourself to compare a poster to a Holocaust denier in public and cannot remember what his reaction was, so be it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by JS357
Are both the Douay-Rheims and the KJV the Bible that speaks for itself?
Not to deflect from your point, but the translation issue is another topic. Having said that, to answer the question, some translations are obviously better than others. The fact is we have at our fingertips all the most reliable manuscript evidence necessary to identify what God's Word is.

And much much more. The problem with skeptics is they only understand God, with a lower case g, as a fabrication of the imagination of man, and naysay to the one and only true God of which the Bible amply describes.

They can't even bring themselves to acknowledge that fact much less have an objective discussion about it.