Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
The problem with skeptics is they only understand God, with a lower case g, as a fabrication of the imagination of man, and naysay to the one and only true God of which the Bible amply describes.
Does the version of your Abrahamic deity that Muslims worship get a capital g for God or a small g for god?

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

They can't even bring themselves to acknowledge that fact much less have an objective discussion about it.
By "they", presumably you mean non-Christians and non-believers... and skeptics etc. What "fact" is it that you want them to "acknowledge"?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
I don't have it wrong at all, josephw. God's Word [b]is interpreted by man. That's why there is diversity of interpretation and understanding within Christendom and that's why disagreements arise.[/b]
Don't be silly. I already told you that very same thing.

That's the error. When man stops interpreting God and allows God to speak for Himself, and believe what God says without twisting the scriptures to reflect his(man's) own idea about what is meant by the simple language contained in God's Word, then there won't be divisions.

Unfortunately too many Christians don't understand basic Bible interpretation. 90% rarely even read the Bible. They just go along with what another man tells them about it's content without ever searching "the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

A fundamental premise of Bible interpretation is to search the scriptures and find what they say about themselves.

Man is basically an idiot and will screw up the Bible as is evidenced by the apparent state of confusion in the "visible" church today. Atheists and skeptics not withstanding.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

Unfortunately too many Christians don't understand basic Bible interpretation.
Is your interpretation of the Bible the correct one then?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Does the version of your Abrahamic deity that Muslims worship get a capital g for God or a small g for god?
You're confused.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

You're confused.
Not at all. I am asking you about the issue - which you raised - of whether to capitalize the g in God/god.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
By "they", presumably you mean non-Christians and non-believers... and skeptics etc. What "fact" is it that you want them to "acknowledge"?
The fact that you obfuscate every post any Christian makes. I'd like to see you take on Rajk and the things he says, but you won't because you know he's full of unbiblical bs.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

The fact that you obfuscate every post any Christian makes. I'd like to see you take on Rajk and the things he says, but you won't because you know he's full of unbiblical bs.
What "fact" is it that you want non-believers to "acknowledge"?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Is your interpretation of the Bible the correct one then?
Is this another attempt to obfuscate the clear meaning of my words?

How many times do I have to tell you I don't interpret God's Word, that God's Word interprets itself?

Are you actually that dense, or are you deliberately and willfully trying to derail the discussion?

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

FMF: Is your interpretation of the Bible the correct one then?

Is this another attempt to obfuscate the clear meaning of my words?
It's an attempt to address head on the very essence of the meaning of your words.

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

How many times do I have to tell you I don't interpret God's Word, that God's Word interprets itself?
Your understanding of the Bible relies heavily on your interpretation of what parts of it mean and on your agreement with the interpretations that other Christians have ~ although not all Christians.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Apr 17

Don't be silly. I already told you that very same thing.

That's the error. When man stops interpreting God and allows God to speak for Himself, and believe what God says without twisting the scriptures to reflect his(man's) own idea about what is meant by the simple language contained in God's Word, then there won't be divisions.

Unfortunately too many ...[text shortened]... parent state of confusion in the "visible" church today. Atheists and skeptics not withstanding.
So God spoke you and said that Jesus was BORN WITHOUT sin?

F

Moves
06 Apr 17

Are you actually that dense, or are you deliberately and willfully trying to derail the discussion?
The discussion is about your assertion that "God's Word isn't interpreted by man" so I believe my comments and questions to you are bang on target and crystal clear.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
How is that not the same thing? The text quoted is clearly relevant to the proposition that 'Sin is passed down through the father,'

'Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.'
Does God kill everyone the moment that they are born? Does He tell man to do that for sin? What that verse is referring to is that we should not hold a fathers sin against a child the nature being passed down is a sinful one, not a specific sin.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
How is that not the same thing? The text quoted is clearly relevant to the proposition that 'Sin is passed down through the father,'

'Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.'

Are you using this passage to argue that Paul was wrong to speak of death passing to all men from Adam's sin ?
I was highlighting the apparent disparity.