Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Pieces of meat that walk and talk?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by leunammi
Are you not clear in understanding as to whom Jesus is and whether he was born with or without sin? I think other passages in the Bible make it abundantly clear with regards to Jesus and whether or not sin was involved. It wasn't.
Another victim of church dogma

l

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Does your post mean an answer to my question will not be forthcoming?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 17

Please read the thread.

Josephw said that Jesus was BORN WITHOUT SIN.

I'm 100% sure the Bible says no such thing and so far nobody is able to produce a supporting quote.

The Bible did say that Jesus WAS WITHOUT SIN.

That's different from what josephw said.
Perhaps you'd like to regale us with some tale which explains exactly how a person might become "without sin".

I mean, you know, without being "born" without sin.

The only way any human can be without sin is if they are "BORN" without sin.

If you have an alternate explanation, we'd love to hear it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 17

And you are another victim of believing your own understanding instead of what the Bible says.

Follow your own advice and stop being a hypocrite.

F

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
And you are another victim of believing your own understanding instead of what the Bible says.
All the Christians here, including you, believe their own understanding of what the Bible says. Does that make you a "victim" of doing that too?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
All the Christians here, including you, believe their own understanding of what the Bible says. Does that make you a "victim" of doing that too?
"All the Christians here, including you, believe their own understanding of what the Bible says."

You are a victim of believing your own understanding.

We Christians believe what the Bible says. Period. Our understanding is derived from believing what God says.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Apr 17

Does your post mean an answer to my question will not be forthcoming?
Rajk won't answer because he knows he got caught in his lie.

All he has left are accusations.

F

Moves
05 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
We Christians believe what the Bible says. Period. Our understanding is derived from believing what God says.
Christians are diverse. They have different interpretations of what the Bible says and means. All the Christians here at RHP, including people like you and Suzianne and sonship and divegeester and Rajk999 and galveston75 (for example), each have - and believe in - their own understanding of what the Bible says.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Apr 17
1 edit

Are you not clear in understanding as to whom Jesus is and whether he was born with or without sin? I think other passages in the Bible make it abundantly clear with regards to Jesus and whether or not sin was involved. It wasn't.
Are you not understanding that the Bible never said that Jesus was born without sin?
If the BIble never says something and you continue to proclaim it then your doctrine is manmade and quite likely false.

Jesus was without sin. That is the statement from the Bible.
Jesus was born without sin ... NOT IN THE BIBLE.

People like you, josephw and several others are full of church dogma, and some of these are harmless and nonsensical but some are fatally false.

You can deduce doctrines but you need to be careful. The Bible says that Jesus was a descendant of Adam and also that all descendants of Adam have inherited the curse of the sin of Adam.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Apr 17

Please read the thread.

Josephw said that Jesus was BORN WITHOUT SIN.

I'm 100% sure the Bible says no such thing and so far nobody is able to produce a supporting quote.

The Bible did say that Jesus WAS WITHOUT SIN.

That's different from what josephw said.
Can you explain how it is different and what impact that does or doesn't have on your beliefs about Christ vs another Christian?

Thanks

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Can you explain how it is different and what impact that does or doesn't have on your beliefs about Christ vs another Christian?

Thanks
The Bible says that Jesus was without sin.
Why is there a need to add to that, and include the phrase 'born without sin'.
You explain why you do that.

The one that is doing the adding to the Bible, josephw, leunammi, and apparently you, need to do the explaining. Not me.

I dont need to explain to you why others add to the Bible.

Thanks

l

Moves
05 Apr 17

The Bible says that Jesus was without sin.
Why is there a need to add to that, and include the phrase 'born without sin'.
You explain why you do that.

The one that is doing the adding to the Bible, josephw, leunammi, and apparently you, need to do the explaining. Not me.

I dont need to explain to you why others add to the Bible.

Thanks

Rajk999, I merely asked a question and did not add to anything. Perhaps I should not have asked you a question to begin with and now wished I hadn't bothered. You see, your statement about showing you in the bible where it says Jesus was without sin caused a confusion, thus the reason I asked if that is what you believed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Apr 17
1 edit

Rajk999, I merely asked a question and did not add to anything. Perhaps I should not have asked you a question to begin with and now wished I hadn't bothered. You see, your statement about showing you in the bible wher ...[text shortened]... Jesus was without sin caused a confusion, thus the reason I asked if that is what you believed.
You are being a bit deceitful here.

Here is how the conversation went down:
- Josephw made the statement about Jesus being born without sin.
- I said that the Bible says no such thing and I challenged him to provide supporting references
- He ranted and raved called me a liar but produced nothing .. typical
- You jumped in and said I shot myself in the foot
- I asked you for supporting references but you produced nothing either... again typical
- You eventually admitted that the Bible never said that Jesus was born without sin.

Jesus lived without sin, is what the Bible said. That caused no confusion.

Your church dogma is what is confused. You deal with that.

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by divegeester

Thanks
The gorilla is in the room but no one wants to acknowledge it.

Jesus was born with Original Sin and was purified of that by John the Baptist. Call it a miracle or divine intervention if you want. Contrary to most if not all other people, Jesus never actively sinned. So Jesus was not born without sin, but never sinned.

Sometimes it takes an outsider to point out the obvious.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by JS357
The gorilla is in the room but no one wants to acknowledge it.

Jesus was born with Original Sin and was purified of that by John the Baptist. Call it a miracle or divine intervention if you want. Contrary to most if not all other people, Jesus never actively sinned. So Jesus was not born without sin, but never sinned.

Sometimes it takes an outsider to point out the obvious.
Nicely said. There is a good reason for them wanting to claim otherwise because Jesus being born in sin makes a mockery of other false doctrines which some Christians hold, but I wont go there.