1. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 19:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    Every single man, woman and child is born lost and separated from God by sin.
    Nonsense.

If that were the case then there would have been nobody in the OT who pleased God. A whole bunch of people before Christ were described as:
    = perfect
    - righteous
    - pleased God
    - friend of God
    - after Gods own heart

The lost are those who by continuous and persistent sin become separated from God. Even professed Christians can be separated from God notwithstanding their professions of faith.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 19:461 edit
    Well, the idea of dying and ceasing to exist is an even bigger pile of Shyte. It's just plain ignorant.

You should consider a paradigm shift in thinking.
    "A paradigm shift, a concept identified by the American physicist and philosopher Thomas Kuhn (1922–1996), is a fundamental change in the basic concepts and experimental practices of a scientific discipline." - Wikipedia

Is what you are proposing a fundamental change to the basic concepts and experimental practices of a scientific discipline? What is the change?

I could see Intelligent Design being one change in concept, but don't see how or which changes in experimental practices would either support it or follow from it.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 20:10
    Well, the idea of dying and ceasing to exist is an even bigger pile of Shyte. It's just plain ignorant.

You should consider a paradigm shift in thinking.
    Scared of the dark eh?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 22:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nonsense.

If that were the case then there would have been nobody in the OT who pleased God. A whole bunch of people before Christ were described as:
    = perfect
    - righteous
    - pleased God
    - friend of God
    - after Gods own heart

The lost are those who by continuous and persistent sin become separated from God. Even professed Christians can be separated from God notwithstanding their professions of faith.
    Don't be an idiot.

Name one other human being besides Jesus that was born without sin.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:00
    Originally posted by JS357
    "A paradigm shift, a concept identified by the American physicist and philosopher Thomas Kuhn (1922–1996), is a fundamental change in the basic concepts and experimental practices of a scientific discipline." - Wikipedia

Is what you are proposing a fundamental change to the basic concepts and experimental practices of a scientific discipline? What is the ch ...[text shortened]... 't see how or which changes in experimental practices would either support it or follow from it.
    If one thinks, as sonhouse does, maybe you too, hard to tell since you're basically non-committal about what you believe concerning Jesus, as far as I can tell, that God doesn't exist, that it's better to die and cease to exist than to live forever, that the idea of living forever is "shyte", then maybe it's time for a change in thinking.

Like maybe a closer look at reality.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:00
    Don't be an idiot.

Name one other human being besides Jesus that was born without sin.
    DId the Bible somewhere say that Jesus was born without sin? If there is please provide a quote. I bet you will find none. Just like all your doctrines, they are not in the Bible... its in your head and it is put there by your church dogma.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:01
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Scared of the dark eh?
    Are you scared of making a substantive comment? Or just incapable.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:04
    DId the Bible somewhere say that Jesus was born without sin? If there is please provide a quote. I bet you will find none. Just like all your doctrines, they are not in the Bible... its in your head and it is put there by your church dogma.
    And here I thought that you just might be a real Christian, albeit a deluded one, but with that post you've proven you don't know Jesus at all, or God's Word either.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:05
    avalanchethecat: Scared of the dark eh?

Are you scared of making a substantive comment? Or just incapable.
    avalanchethecat's question is a cheeky-but-on-target reply to your obvious aversion to "the idea of dying and ceasing to exist".
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:08
    And here I thought that you just might be a real Christian, albeit a deluded one, but with that post you've proven you don't know Jesus at all, or God's Word either.
    Provide the quote. Not interested in your opinions or church dogma.

Its just like all the other church dogmas floating around here.
    - how to get eternal life
    - people go to heaven
    - people are tormented for eternity

and many others..

Its a pile of unbiblical BS.

Where did the Bible say that Jesus was BORN WITHOUT SIN.

Lets see it.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    avalanchethecat's question is a cheeky-but-on-target reply to your obvious aversion to "the idea of dying and ceasing to exist".
    If you like the idea of ceasing to exist then embrace it. Believe it.

It will be your reality for all eternity.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:15

Lets see the quote 😀 .. cannot find it ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:18

There are countless billions of pieces of incontrovertible evidence that everyone dies and ceases to exist, and absolutely no evidence whatsoever that you or anyone else will live "for all eternity".

While my perspective has nothing at all to do with whether I "like the idea of ceasing to exist" or not, your perspective seems founded on disliking "the idea of ceasing to exist" and on an elaborate set of superstitions that you feel come to your psychological rescue.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:20
    Provide the quote. Not interested in your opinions or church dogma.

Its just like all the other church dogmas floating around here.
    - how to get eternal life
    - people go to heaven
    - people are tormented for eternity

and many others..

Its a pile of unbiblical BS.

Where did the Bible say that Jesus was BORN WITHOUT SIN.

Lets see it.
    Your posts are a pile of unbiblical bs, and you're a raving liar.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 23:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are countless billions of pieces of incontrovertible evidence that everyone dies and ceases to exist, and absolutely no evidence whatsoever that you or anyone else will live "for all eternity".

While my perspective has nothing at all to do with whether I "like the idea of ceasing to exist" or not, your perspective seems founded on disliking "the idea o ...[text shortened]... exist" and on an elaborate set of superstitions that you feel come to your psychological rescue.
    Go for it. Count yourself among the billions that cease to exist when they die. It's your choice.

I, on the other hand, know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus rose from the grave. And so will I.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree