1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 14:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    We're getting nowhere in this discussion if the biased and mentally prejudiced are going to keep making unfounded accusations.
    Do you think that saying that KellyJay likened non-Christians to "pieces of meat that walk and talk" is an unfounded accusation?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 14:22
    But oh no! We can't say that in a forum discussion thread on the topic of spiritual health without the likes of BDP, (I think it was, forgive me if I'm wrong), saying that it's what causes killing. That's pure ignorance.
    But this forum thread discussion topic is Christians likening non-Christians to "a piece of meat that walks and talks". When there is such an attitude - whether it be religion-based or race-based or nationalism-based - it can end in killing, the poster who suggested that was right, surely?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 14:24
    FMF: My intent is to get you to address this question. I was a Christian for many years, but in all that time, I never believed that non-Christians were just "pieces of meat that walk and talk". Do you think ~ when I was a Christian ~ I should I have believed that about non-Christians?

The answer is no. Are you satisfied with that answer, or is it not clear enough for you?
    I wonder if the Christian who said it here a couple of days ago will find it clear enough.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 14:24
    [b]"just pieces of meat that walk and talk"

Bad language. I said in an earlier post, (I think it was in this thread), that those that are not "born again" and lack the Spirit of God are spiritually dead. That concept is according to the Bible narrative and isn't meant to be a crude insult by either myself or by the God of the Bible. It's just a fact t ...[text shortened]... s that YOU are more adept at disguising your contempt of Biblical concepts in cleverer language.[/b]
    What utter ignorance. Read this. Here Jesus explains what is spiritually dead by using the Church of Sardis.

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Revelation 3:1-6 KJV)

The church of Sardis were all born again Christians, all had the gifts of the Holy Spirit, all had the Spirit of God and Christ, they carried the name and claimed to know Christ. That however as Jesus makes clear, is no guarantee of eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Many failed to do good works and Jesus referred to them as unworthy. Those who are worthy will get eternal life.

The spiritually dead are those who fail to do good works.

The spiritually alive are those who do good works.

This is the true teaching of Jesus Christ.

Your church dogma preaches another doctrine contrary to Christ.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 14:26
    I guess I'm not very good at projecting my sense of humor. I do have one you know!
    Which previous post or posts on this thread are you now claiming were you trying to project your sense of humor?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 18:16
    "just pieces of meat that walk and talk"

And true to form.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 18:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think that saying that KellyJay likened non-Christians to "pieces of meat that walk and talk" is an unfounded accusation?
    I've thought about this for a while and think the more likely interpretation is that kj thinks a purely non-theistic materialistic approach to human life - it's history, future, psychology etc. - leaves the non-believer with no option but to think of and treat people as pieces of meat that walk and talk. Of course kj is the final arbiter on this topic.

The comparison to meat is of course a rhetorical device sort of like the slippery slope, leading as it does to an expectation of brutish or worse behavior.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 18:452 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    I've thought about this for a while and think the more likely interpretation is that kj thinks a purely non-theistic materialistic approach to human life - it's history, future, psychology etc. - leaves the non-believer with no option but to think of and treat people as pieces of meat that walk and talk. Of course kj is the final arbiter on this topic.

The ...[text shortened]... t of like the slippery slope, leading as it does to an expectation of brutish or worse behavior.
    And of course "pieces of meat" is itself an inflammatory phrase.

One could have said: "complex bio-mechanical beings which are self mobilised and communicate through multi-linguistic nuances transferred via compression waves in the air"
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 20:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And of course "pieces of meat" is itself an inflammatory phrase.

One could have said: "complex bio-mechanical beings which are self mobilised and communicate through multi-linguistic nuances transferred via compression waves in the air"
    "complex bio-mechanical beings which are self mobilised and communicate through multi-linguistic nuances transferred via compression waves in the air" while spiritually dead.

Except for the born again ones.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 20:16
    Except for the born again ones.
    Why, how do they communicate?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 20:44
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why, how do they communicate?
    By the spirit. How else? 🙄 😉
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:29
    A little confusing?

You just hit on the problem that plagues these boards. Just look at karoly there. He just says the most random things that don't correspond to what's being discussed. Apathist too. I think these guys post after taking a toke off a joint most of the time.

And it seems everyone just keeps projecting their preconceived ideas about what ...[text shortened]... en of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth,..

In other words, never argue with an idiot.
    Errweow just look at fmf - he's asking questions,
    just look at apathist, saying random things, errrweow,errweow...

That's what you sound like .... Dad 😛
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:32
    Now that's funny. 🙂

I guess I'm not very good at projecting my sense of humor. I do have one you know!

You guys are killing me. 😕
    Feel free to bring your humour into the 21st century
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 21:34
    By the spirit. How else? 🙄 😉
    Born again Christians don't use speech, they communicate through the spirit?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 23:58
    [b]"just pieces of meat that walk and talk"

And true to form.[/b]
    True to whose form?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree