1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 20:22
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    How about I use my hands as paddles, and your head for a ping pong ball??
    i will refereee - and will try to be as impartial as l can - about as impartial and open as Vishi is when dealing with others on this forum.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 22:40
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    I am disagreeing with this:

vishvahetu: [b][the things I believe] will give you the truth of the spiritual life, and there will be no quarrel.....unless of course you are dishonest.

I do not believe this assertion of yours is true. You say that people who disagree with you are not being honest: i.e. they do agree with you but they are saying t ...[text shortened]... ntly calling people 'dishonest' when they are mostly telling you what they honestly believe.[/b]
    Your using trickery of words to once again be dishonest.

Forget religion or spiritual truth for one minute.

Anyone who says that life has no intelligent cause .....has pulled that statement from thin air.....and that is dishonest any way you look at it.

Do you know anything of the Vedas,,,,NO

but you comment against the Vedas ....that is dishonest.

You cannot comment against something you know nothing about.......that is blind dishonesty.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 22:45
    How about I use my hands as paddles, and your head for a ping pong ball??
    And now here come all the mad people .......one by one with there mad comments.

You see you have been exposed as a fraud, and now you just clown around....as the clown you are.
  4. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 23:22
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Your using trickery of words to once again be dishonest.
    No trickery here, vishvahetu. Accusing other posters of being dishonest is quite clearly a fundamental part of your whole approach to your spiritual life and the spirituality of others - as is clearly indicated by your comments and accusations in post after post after post.

Therefore defining the word 'dishonest' is a key to understanding your meaning.

You've done it here with me yet again: I simply ask you to define the word 'dishonest' and you accuse me of being 'dishonest' for doing so.

You do it constantly and with many different posters.

Are you seriously accusing other posters of actually agreeing with you but lying about it?

If not, then what is your definition of 'dishonest'?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 00:05
    No trickery here, vishvahetu. Accusing other posters of being dishonest is quite clearly a fundamental part of your whole approach to your spiritual life and the spirituality of others - as is clearly indicated by your comments and accusations in post after post after post.

Therefore defining the word 'dishonest' is a key to understanding your meanin ...[text shortened]... ng with you but lying about it?

If not, then what is your definition of 'dishonest'?
    Dishonesty comes in many forms and disguises.

Since we are talking about the existence of life......persons who just out of thin air without proof or evidence, saying life is a random accident, without intelligent design or cause, is dishonest.

Everywhere in this world you will see intelligence behind stuff.

Look at your TV....someone intelligent put that together.

Persons who say the cosmos was put together without creative intelligence are dishonest....its that simple.

I cannot discuss with dishonest persons, because they just invent comments from thin air, to support their nonsense talk.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 02:40
    And now here come all the mad people .......one by one with there mad comments.

You see you have been exposed as a fraud, and now you just clown around....as the clown you are.
    I am all the mad people? Sir I think you underestimate your flame baiting prowess.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 02:431 edit
    Dishonesty comes in many forms and disguises.

Since we are talking about the existence of life......persons who just out of thin air without proof or evidence, saying life is a random accident, without intelligent design or cause, is dishonest.

Everywhere in this world you will see intelligence behind stuff.

Look at your TV....someone intelligent ...[text shortened]... honest persons, because they just invent comments from thin air, to support their nonsense talk.
    As I've said before, being condescending is only effective if you are smarter than someone else, or anyone else.
    You can't discuss with anyone who opposes your view is more like the truth Sir, or Ma'am.
  8. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 02:502 edits
    I cannot discuss with dishonest persons, because they just invent comments from thin air, to support their nonsense talk.
    But what is your definition of 'dishonest'?
  9. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 02:541 edit
    Persons who say the cosmos was put together without creative intelligence are dishonest.
    They are 'dishonest'? Are you suggesting that people who say the cosmos was put together without creative intelligence in fact believe, like you, that the cosmos was not put together without creative intelligence, but they are lying for some reason about their actual belief?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 03:02
    As I've said before, being condesending is only effective if you are smarter than someone else, or anyone else.
    You can't discuss with anyone who opposes your view is more like the truth Sir, or Ma'am.
    Lets not discuss scripture or religion.....but instead:

Are you also subscribing to the false belief, that the cosmos has come about randomly by accident with no intelligent foundation?

If you do, then you are dishonest as well, because such an acceptance, is absurd, and only a dishonest person would do so.

Accepting that there is intelligence behind all things is truth.....and its got nothing to do with me.

Accepting this truth is the beginning of honesty for any person.
  11. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 03:07
    Are you also subscribing to the false belief, that the cosmos has come about randomly by accident with no intelligent foundation? If you do, then you are dishonest as well, because such an acceptance, is absurd, and only a dishonest person would do so.
    What is your definition of 'dishonest' in this context?

You seem to be equating it with 'disagreement with you'.

You use the word over and over again, incorrectly it seems. It's only fair to ask you to define it once.
  12. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 03:12
    Accepting this truth [that I propagate here] is the beginning of honesty for any person.
    Accepting the product of your speculation and surmise would be 'agreement' and not 'honesty'. Pretending to accept your assertions when, in truth, one does not accept them would be be 'dishonesty'. You urgently need to tell us what you understand to be the definitions of 'honesty' and 'dishonesty' because your failure or refusal to do so is hindering your ability to discuss what you want to discuss.
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 03:12
    Lets not discuss scripture or religion.....but instead:

Are you also subscribing to the false belief, that the cosmos has come about randomly by accident with no intelligent foundation?

If you do, then you are dishonest as well, because such an acceptance, is absurd, and only a dishonest person would do so.

Accepting that there is intelligence be ...[text shortened]... s got nothing to do with me.

Accepting this truth is the beginning of honesty for any person.
    I believe God created all that exists.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 04:39
    Accepting the product of your speculation and surmise would be 'agreement' and not 'honesty'. Pretending to accept your assertions when, in truth, one does [b]not accept them would be be 'dishonesty'. You urgently need to tell us what you understand to be the definitions of 'honesty' and 'dishonesty' because your failure or refusal to do so is hindering your ability to discuss what you want to discuss.[/b]
    Its quiet simple.

Honesty is stating the truth.

And dishonesty is denying the truth.
  15. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 05:17
    Its quiet simple.

Honesty is stating the truth.

And dishonesty is denying the truth.
    But we are talking about beliefs - competing beliefs, if you want. Yours and those of others.

You seriously intend to go on calling people, whose beliefs differ from yours, 'liars'? You are accusing them of actually sharing your beliefs but then lying about it when they say they have different beliefs?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree