1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 05:08
    I see every day the atheists bashing the persons who follow false religion, from pillar to post (ping pong)

We all know that false religion has much error.

For goodness sake, if a religion allows for animal slaughter and meat eating....its bogus.

And if it says that the eternal soul can meet death, then its double bogus.

And if it says that all the dead Christians in the grave will some day be reserected, then its triple bogus.

So why forever have your quarrels, we know that its wrong and false....just leave it at that.

But if you want to discuss real religion, then thats another thing all together, because real religion does not teach error and will give you the truth of the spiritual life.

The Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita and Vedanta Sutra, will give you the truth of the spiritual life, and there will be no quarrel.....unless of course you are dishonest.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 05:441 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I see every day the atheists bashing the persons who follow false religion, from pillar to post (ping pong)

For goodness sake, if a religion allows for animal slaughter and meat eating....its bogus.

And if it says that al ...[text shortened]... ruth of the spiritual life, and there will be no quarrel.....unless of course you are dishonest.
    dang Yankee talk, i thought it was a post about table tennis, cant you post something about table tennis, how good it is for the spirit or something? i like table tennis.
  3. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 05:48

And if it says that al ...[text shortened]... ruth of the spiritual life, and there will be no quarrel.....unless of course you are dishonest.
    Disagreement is dishonesty?
  4. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 05:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dang Yankee talk, i thought it was a post about table tennis, cant you post something about table tennis, how good it is for the spirit or something? i like table tennis.
    table tennis is a great game Robbie. You a spin / slice man or more of a power game?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 06:30
    Originally posted by nook7
    table tennis is a great game Robbie. You a spin / slice man or more of a power game?
    i have a smash but its very returnable, my friend who taught me spent his youth in a school for bad boys, one of the things he learned was how to play TT, im not very good, but i do enjoy it, what about you, i bet your awesome 🙂
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 06:33

Someone would have to be seriously confused about the notion of 'eternal' if they thought an eternal soul can die.
  7. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 07:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i have a smash but its very returnable, my friend who taught me spent his youth in a school for bad boys, one of the things he learned was how to play TT, im not very good, but i do enjoy it, what about you, i bet your awesome 🙂
    lol - not at all awesome, but l did play at a decent level for a while. i still fill in with a team sometimes. l enjoy the game a lot though.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 09:00
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]And if it says that the eternal soul can meet death, then its double bogus.

Someone would have to be seriously confused about the notion of 'eternal' if they thought an eternal soul can die.[/b]
    Spot on...
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 09:07
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Disagreement is dishonesty?
    No one can put forward that life is an accident, or has no cause, or has no design, or has no foundation in an intelligent directive.

If any one subscribes to these, then they are dishonest.

An honest person could not accept them.

These are the basic assumptions of atheists and persons of substitute religion.
  10. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 10:10
    If any one subscribes to these [things that I don't believe in], then they are dishonest.
    I disagree with you.

I think you are not using the word 'dishonest' incorrectly.

I think what you meant to say is that you 'disagree' with people who hold different views from you.

Can we at least agree on that?
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 10:36
    I disagree with you.

I think what you meant to say is that you 'disagree' with people who hold different views from you.

Of course not.......if you disagree with me, then you must be also subscribing to those absurd beliefs, or dishonest assumptions.

Are you agreeing that life has no intelligent directive as well?

You must if you are disagreeing.
  12. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 10:52
    Of course not.......if you disagree with me, then you must be also subscribing to those absurd beliefs, or dishonest assumptions.

Are you agreeing that life has no intelligent directive as well?

'Dishonesty', in matters of belief, means lying about what one believes. Are you seriously suggesting that those who say they disagree with you, in fact agree with you, but they are lying by saying they disagree?

Do you know what the word 'dishonesty' actually means? You are using it incorrectly, you do realise?

Can we at least agree that you are using the word 'dishonesty' incorrectly?
  13. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 11:052 edits
    I am disagreeing with this:

vishvahetu: [the things I believe] will give you the truth of the spiritual life, and there will be no quarrel.....unless of course you are dishonest.

I do not believe this assertion of yours is true. You say that people who disagree with you are not being honest: i.e. they do agree with you but they are saying that they don't.

I, on the other hand believe that they are much more likely to be disagreeing with you because they truly disagree with you and are therefore being honest.

I don't understand what you think you have to gain in this discourse by constantly calling people 'dishonest' when they are mostly telling you what they honestly believe.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 16:17

How about I use my hands as paddles, and your head for a ping pong ball??
  15. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '11 17:29
    I disagree with you.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

“The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master - that’s all.”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree