1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 15:011 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No I don't. As far as I can tell from what Jesus said, it has more to do with how you treat others than you IQ (or belief for that matter), but then I don't know if you are asking about the possibility of Jesus's claims being reality, Pauls claims, your claims, or which possible (or impossible) reality you are referring to.

However, I did not say that ...[text shortened]... a higher percentage of atheists amongst the worlds population that has good internet access.
    "As far as I can tell from what Jesus said, it has more to do with how you treat others than you IQ..."

Virtue love/grace orientation expressed toward all mankind is one of many manifestations of Christian integrity and maturity but not the mechanics of salvation. One criminal on the cross was quite content to rail on mocking Christ. The other finally woke up mentally shortly before his physical death; simply changed his mind (repented); in that moment his uncoerced free will decided to place confidence in Christ (faith alone in Christ alone); the last words this lifetime crminal's ears heard were "Today you shall be with me in Paradise"... without a single good work, fair treatment or kindness toward other people.

..........................................................................................
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 15:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Virtue love/grace orientation expressed toward all mankind is one of many manifestations of Christian integrity and maturity but not the mechanics of salvation. One criminal on the cross was quite content to rail on mocking Christ. The other finally woke up mentally shortly before his physical death; simply changed his mind (repented); in that moment hi ...[text shortened]... e in Paradise"... without a single good work, fair treatment or kindness toward other people.
    One might then ask why the day in question was named "Day of Judgement". Surely a simple 'did you believe?' yes/no question hardly deserves the name 'judgement'?
    Or did you miss jaywills actual question?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 16:29

One might then ask why the day in question was named "Day of Judgement". Surely a simple 'did you believe?' yes/no question hardly deserves the name 'judgement'?
    Or did you miss jaywills actual question?
    Great White Throne at the conclusion of Christ's Second Advent millennial reign is strictly reserved for those human beings who have rejected His grace gift (purchased at the great price of a substitutionary spiritual death) of His imputed righteousness and eternal life and wish to stand before Him with their very own self righteous briefcase of good deeds and human works.

.....................................................................................
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 16:461 edit
    No I don't. As far as I can tell from what Jesus said, it has more to do with how you treat others than you IQ (or belief for that matter), but then I don't know if you are asking about the possibility of Jesus's claims being reality, Pauls claims, your claims, or which possible (or impossible) reality you are referring to.

However, I did not say that ...[text shortened]... a higher percentage of atheists amongst the worlds population that has good internet access.
    ======================================
    No I don't. As far as I can tell from what Jesus said, it has more to do with how you treat others than you IQ (or belief for that matter),
    =======================================

Concerning the reward or punishment of those who are saved, how they treated others plays a big part. You are correct, in as much as that principle relates to those living the Christian life.

For the unbeliever who has not received Christ, it is only whether their name was or was not written in the book of life.

"And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:15)

If a sinner's name is not recorded in the Lamb's book of life he will perish. IQ will not save him. How he treated others will not save him either.

Concerning the position of the saved believer in the coming millennial kingdom, the merciful will obtain mercy (Matt.5:7)

So if you want God to take into account your forgiveness of others, your mercy towards others, your kindness towards others, you should become one receiving Jesus Christ as Lord.

================================
    but then I don't know if you are asking about the possibility of Jesus's claims being reality, Pauls claims, your claims, or which possible (or impossible) reality you are referring to.
    =====================================

You know me by now. It is a given, with me, that I regard the claims of Jesus Christ as most definitely reliable.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall by no means pass away." (Matt. 24:35)

And I think you know me well enough that you know I regard Paul's writing as canonical and the word of God.

=============================
    However, I did not say that atheists have a higher IQ, or theists have a lower IQ, merely that statistically there are more atheists in the higher IQ bracket and thus one might expect more than the average number of atheists on a chess site.
    ================================

I didn't know that IQ of participants was even recorded on this ChessAtWork site.

Anyway, I don't mine smart atheists. I neither despise them nor envy them. They need the love of Jesus. The need the eyes of their hearts enlightened also.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 17:10
    Great White Throne at the conclusion of Christ's Second Advent millennial reign is strictly reserved for those human beings who have rejected His grace gift (purchased at the great price of a substitutionary spiritual death) of His imputed righteousness and eternal life and wish to stand before Him with their very own self righteous briefcase of good deeds and human works.
    So surely my answer was perfectly on point?
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 17:13
    [b]"Spirituality is not limited to theistic belief. There is no disconnect."

Disconnect Analogy: Suppose a critical life or death condition has been identified in preliminary diagnosis and that prognosis is dim without the timely intervention of a professional neurosurgeon. Patient's sense of self preservation and the need for action are mild ...[text shortened]...

........................................................................................[/b]
    There are no guarantees that finding the right path will be easy ... If the focus is too broad OR narrow, it may be missed entirely.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 17:13
    "Please analyze this one issue: the seeming disconnect [b]in play* on a popular cyberspace

spirituality forum, in which an overwhelming majority of active posters profess atheism."

* Idiom 'in play': simply the ball in play, part of the game, on the table, frequent focus.

.....................................................................[/b]
    Which game?
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 17:14
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    There are far more theists than atheists in the world. The atheists are just louder.
    I think you'd be surprised how many "theists" are cultural theists only.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 17:251 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    For the unbeliever who has not received Christ, it is only whether their name was or was not written in the book of life.
    And how does ones name get in there?

So why is "Judgement day" so called? You haven't really mentioned any 'judgement' yet. Its all about names in books, being 'saved' prior to the event etc, yet your question was specifically about Judgement day and its outcome.

I didn't know that IQ of participants was even recorded on this ChessAtWork site.
    Nor did I claim it was, nor is it relevant. But I am fairly sure that the average IQ of the participants is higher than the average IQ of the general population. There is probably also a higher proportion of men than women (no correlation with IQ is implied here).

Anyway, I don't mine smart atheists.
    Nor do I mind smart theists. In fact, I prefer them to the less smart ones.

Edit: I must also point out that being an English language website, we have more Christians than Muslims.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 17:40
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There are no guarantees that finding the right path will be easy ... If the focus is too broad OR narrow, it may be missed entirely.
    You just nailed it firmly down, SG. It's definitely too easy, in the eyes of some, because it's all about His Grace Plan.

We too often become hellbent asserting/inserting ourselves in an egotistical attempt to complicate it... to our peril.

................................................................................
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 17:471 edit

And how does ones name get in there?

So why is "Judgement day" so called? You haven't really mentioned any 'judgement' yet. Its all about names in books, being 'saved' prior to the event etc, yet your question was specifically about Judgement day and its outcome.

I didn't know that IQ of participants was even recorded on this ChessAtWork site.[/ point out that being an English language website, we have more Christians than Muslims.
    "And how does ones name get in there?"

All names are written in The Lamb's Book of Life at birth in expectation (He is not willing that any

should perish)... and promptly removed at physical death if His Gracious Gift has been rejected.

12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 18:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Which game?
    Only worthwhile game in town... Life in time as the prelude to the main show in eternity.

.................................................................................
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 19:471 edit
    You just nailed it firmly down, SG. It's definitely too easy, in the eyes of some, because it's all about His Grace Plan.

We too often become hellbent asserting/inserting ourselves in an egotistical attempt to complicate it... to our peril.

................................................................................
    Sorry, Bob. I tried the path of Christianity for 20 years. It just wasn't the right one for me. If it works for you, great; but that doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 19:581 edit
    [b]"And how does ones name get in there?"

All names are written in The Lamb's Book of Life at birth in expectation (He is not willing that any

should perish)... and promptly removed at physical death if His Gracious Gift has been rejected.

...................................................................[/b]
    Thats a bit spiteful of him!...Is he trying to save paper?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 23:482 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Sorry, Bob. I tried the path of Christianity for 20 years. It just wasn't the right one for me. If it works for you, great; but that doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone.
    "I tried the path of Christianity for 20 years. It just wasn't the right the right one for me."

How forthright, SG. Unsure which question to presume to ask... why did it sour or what have you found?

Edit: Let's play some chess later on this year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree