1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 15:041 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    "Though most refuse to admit it, they pick and choose the verses and passages that support their beliefs and dismiss those that don't and often do so in a most disingenuous manner... Those who claim that they do not pick and choose are disingenuous at best."

With this in mind, why do you accept the teaching of Jesus (while he walked the Earth) ...[text shortened]... of the Bible, and yet somehow stand outside your own accusation of disingenuous cherry picking?
    With this in mind, why do you accept the teaching of Jesus (while he walked the Earth) but dismiss other parts of the Bible, and yet somehow stand outside your own accusation of disingenuous cherry picking?

Seems GoaD has decided to once again pretend that I haven't answered these questions many a time. It's what he does. It's what trolls do. If there's anyone new to the forum who hasn't seen my answers, let me know. I'll be happy to respond.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]With this in mind, why do you accept the teaching of Jesus (while he walked the Earth) but dismiss other parts of the Bible, and yet somehow stand outside your own accusation of disingenuous cherry picking?

Seems GoaD has decided to once again pretend that I haven't answered these questions many a time. It's what he does. It's what trolls do.[/b]
    Where do I find these answers (that you often refer to? )

I've never seen them.

To use your own words back at you, "Those who claim that they do not pick and choose are disingenuous at best."
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 15:30
    Where do I find these answers (that you often refer to? )

I've never seen them.

To use your own words back at you, "Those who claim that they do not pick and choose are disingenuous at best."
    This is where GoaD furthers his lies. Nothing new here.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 16:35
    [b]With this in mind, why do you accept the teaching of Jesus (while he walked the Earth) but dismiss other parts of the Bible, and yet somehow stand outside your own accusation of disingenuous cherry picking?

Seems GoaD has decided to once again pretend that I haven't answered these questions many a time. It's what he does. It's what trolls do. I ...[text shortened]... ere's anyone new to the forum who hasn't seen my answers, let me know. I'll be happy to respond.[/b]
    Once again we have ToO appealing to new members of the forum to whom he will gladly bestow answers to questions he refuses consistently to provide to regular forum users. Hilarious!!! Next, he'll be boldly declaring how he will willingly give answers to extraterrestrials or people with two heads called Geoffrey.

The epitome of this is sonship, someone ToO has been communicating with on a daily basis for years, still apparently oblivious to whether or not ToO actually believes in God at all (and has recently gone so far as to refer to him as an atheist).
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 16:392 edits
    Once again we have ToO appealing to new members of the forum to whom he will gladly bestow answers to questions he refuses consistently to provide to regular forum users. Hilarious!!! Next, he'll be boldly declaring how he will willingly give answers to extraterrestrials or people with two heads called Geoffrey.

The epitome of this is sonship, so ...[text shortened]... actually believes in God at all (and has recently gone so far as to refer to him as an atheist).
    The deceit and trolling continue. Once again, nothing new here.

GoaD started as a troll. He continues as a troll. See the following thread for an example of his early efforts.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426

He started off with the following comment:
    "As a neutral observer, i think Joseph is winning this argument."

And then went on to show that he was anything but a "neutral observer".
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 16:52
    The deceit and trolling continue. Once again, nothing new here.

GoaD started as a troll. He continues as a troll. See the following thread for an example of his early efforts.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426

He started off with the following comment:
    "As a neutral observer, i think Joseph is winning this argument."

And then went on to show that he was anything but a "neutral observer".
    Weak.

Tragically you have (as Shakespeare would put it) been '"hoisted with your own petard."

You have proudly labeled people disingenuous who cherry-pick from the Bible things they like and things they dismiss, forgetting (apparently) that this forms the very nucleus of your own beliefs, namely that the teachings of Jesus are genuine, while other biblical content is to be rejected.

Go ahead, deny you cherry pick,.....though keep in mind your own words, "Those who claim that they do not pick and choose are disingenuous at best."
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 17:021 edit
    Weak.

Tragically you have (as Shakespeare would put it) been '"hoisted with your own petard."

You have proudly labeled people disingenuous who cherry-pick from the Bible things they like and things they dismiss, forgetting (apparently) that this forms the very nucleus of your own beliefs, namely that the teachings of Jesus are genuine, while o ...[text shortened]... ind your own words, "Those who claim that they do not pick and choose are disingenuous at best."
    lol. You're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Your position is...well...plain stupid. But that's true of most things you post. Nothing new here.

Anyone care to explain it to GoaD?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 18:55
    lol. You're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Your position is...well...plain stupid. But that's true of most things you post. Nothing new here.

Anyone care to explain it to GoaD?
    Perhaps someone new to the forums?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 19:04
    Perhaps someone new to the forums?
    Just one inane comment from GoaD after another. That's about all that can be expected from a troll - at least one as dim as GoaD
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 19:24
    Just one inane comment from GoaD after another. That's about all that can be expected from a troll - at least one as dim as GoaD
    Years on the site, posting regularly in a spirituality forum, and people are still feeling the need to ask if you believe in God.

Bizarre.

*Heads up. Constantly questioning the intellect of people (clearly smarter than yourself) merely broadcasts your insecurity,...as does your inability to answer questions about your beliefs.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 19:273 edits
    Years on the site, posting regularly in a spirituality forum, and people are still feeling the need to ask if you believe in God.

Bizarre.

*Heads up. Constantly questioning the intellect of people (clearly smarter than yourself) merely broadcasts your insecurity,...as does your inability to answer questions about your beliefs.
    With this in mind, why do you accept the teaching of Jesus (while he walked the Earth) but dismiss other parts of the Bible, and yet somehow stand outside your own accusation of disingenuous cherry picking?

Seems GoaD has decided to once again pretend that I haven't answered these questions many a time. It's what he does. It's what trolls do. If there's anyone new to the forum who hasn't seen my answers, let me know. I'll be happy to respond.

The following thread is another early example of GoaD's trolling. Note how his posts were in an effort to "stir the pot". 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 

This is nothing new from GoaD. Nothing substantive with liberal amounts of deceit thrown in.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 19:49
    [quote][b]With this in mind, why do you accept the teaching of Jesus (while he walked the Earth) but dismiss other parts of the Bible, and yet somehow stand outside your own accusation of disingenuous cherry picking?

Seems GoaD has decided to once again pretend that I haven't answered these questions many a time. It's what he does. It's what trol ...[text shortened]... ttps://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 

This is nothing new from GoaD.[/b]
    Forum reenactment:

"ToO, can I ask you a question?" says a forum regular.
    "What?" answers ToO, preparing to challenge their intellect.
    "Well, we've been posting back and forth now in this spirituality forum for a number of years and discussed all the intricacies of theology and faith in minute detail..."
    "Yes, so?"
    "Well, I was just wondering, erm,...do you believe in God?"
    "That's such a naive question!"
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 21:25
    He is the kind of wordy conjecturist who thinks everything he posts is on the money where nothing could be further from the truth

He will become an old man filled with regret if he continues in this vein
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 22:33
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The Papacy and the Vatican of course, are pressure testing the notion of getting rid of hell and Jesus eternally torturing billions of souls with fire. They realise this horrendous medieval concept has probalby become the biggest blocker to signing up new recruits.

They do their market research as all big corporations do. All this rhetoric around the Pope saying one thing and the Vatican saying another is whitewash for the masses.
    I am not a Catholic, and perhaps there are a lot of issues concerning Catholicism, but the Catholic Church does not exist to please the world. Of that was the case, they would have yielded on things like birth control long ago.

Satan is an integral part of the Christian world, as is hell.

Hell was created by the nature of rebellion against God. It cannot be abolished as we made it in cooperation. And to give oneself over to hell, freely resigns one to that place.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Apr '18 23:53
    Forum reenactment:

"ToO, can I ask you a question?" says a forum regular.
    "What?" answers ToO, preparing to challenge their intellect.
    "Well, we've been posting back and forth now in this spirituality forum for a number of years and discussed all the intricacies of theology and faith in minute detail..."
    "Yes, so?"
    "Well, I was just wondering, erm,...do you believe in God?"
    "That's such a naive question!"
    Nailed it Ghost.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree