1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 07:36
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Why does it seem like you’re constantly playing “Gotcha” with Philo? Seems like FMF does the same thing.
    You're by far the biggest offender of this. It permeates your thinking and prevents you posting in any meaningful sense.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 07:54
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Thanks for askign that question, Romans. I am very eager to hear the answer myself.
    As I said earlier you are a racist (just read you in debates forum) + a supporter of genocidal megalomanic (Assad) + a war crimes denier (your comment about the gassing)

It would not surprise me if you would not confirm that the Nazi holocaust was exactly as reported.

So far all you have done is expressed outrange at being asked and saying that you do not deny that it occurred. The question said “as reported by history”.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 09:03
    Yeah, I accept all of the historic claims of the Holocaust.

I also adamantly deny the other two allegations.

The Assad thing is especially funny. Who is Assad committing genocide against? He is fighting a civil war against Islamist extremists.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 09:161 edit
    Yeah, I accept all of the historic claims of the Holocaust.

I also adamantly deny the other two allegations.

The Assad thing is especially funny. Who is Assad committing genocide against? He is fighting a civil war against Islamist extremists.
    Yes I saw that you denied that gassing of his own people took place.

I guess the allied forces just want him to stop fighting ISIS 😕
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 09:251 edit
    Who is Assad committing genocide against?
    The vast majority of the people the Assad regime has killed - apparently quite systematically - have reportedly been non-combatant civilians from the ethno-religious Sunni majority.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 10:16
    That is objectively true: you can "hate" Trump (your word, not mine) and still support when he does the right thing.

But this seems odd to think that bombing the Dickens out of SYria is the right thing, and you are literally liking him for the most wrong thing that he is doing.

It is also the thing that is most characteristic of a dictator and a monster: warfare.
    Destroying the chemical weapons capabilities of a sicko like Assad, does not constitute bombing the dickens out of Syria. That is the best thing Trump ever did.

How it is that the socalled religious people who claim to know Christ end up on the side of the evil crooked leaders whose aim is genocide? How ??

Something is sadly wrong with your religion pal .. go examine yourself.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 10:42
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I guess you mean that hell exists but does not involve eternal damnation.

The bible disagrees. Here are ten foundational verses:
    https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justin-taylor/ten-foundational-verses-for-eternal-punishment-in-hell/

"Are you similarly retarded in English Comprehension

Eternal torment
    Eternal damnation
    Eternal punishment

Are those three things the same?"

See what I mean?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 10:46
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I guess you mean that hell exists but does not involve eternal damnation.

The bible disagrees. Here are ten foundational verses:
    https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justin-taylor/ten-foundational-verses-for-eternal-punishment-in-hell/

[b]"Are you similarly retarded in English Comprehension

Eternal torment ...[text shortened]... nal damnation
    Eternal punishment

Are those three things the same?"

See what I mean?[/b]
    So are those three things the same?
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 10:52
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    So are those three things the same?
    Did you reference the applicable verses?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 10:55
    Did you reference the applicable verses?
    Yes .. people will not be tormented eternally
    Evil people are destroyed.
    The only eternal torment is for 3 entities. The beast, the false prophet and Satan.

Now do you have an answer to my question?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 11:29
    Yes .. people will not be tormented eternally
    Evil people are destroyed.
    The only eternal torment is for 3 entities. The beast, the false prophet and Satan.

Now do you have an answer to my question?
    Revelation 20 verses 10, 14 and 15
    And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

So you think that while Satan, the beast and false prophet, death and hell are cast into the lake and fire and are tormented day and night for ever and ever, the rest of humanity that are cast into the lake of fire are annihilated and don't share the same eternal fate?

How do you draw that conclusion?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 11:40
    Revelation 20 verses 10, 14 and 15
    And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was c ...[text shortened]... fire are annihilated and don't share the same eternal fate?

How do you draw that conclusion?
    Im taking it exactly how it is stated. You are adding the part of sharing the same fate

Both are cast into the lake of fire.
    The bible says that one group is tormented for ever.
    The bible did not say that the other group [humans] is tormented forever.

If you are honest and truthful you would agree.

But I doubt it.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 12:13
    Im taking it exactly how it is stated. You are adding the part of sharing the same fate

Both are cast into the lake of fire.
    The bible says that one group is tormented for ever.
    The bible did not say that the other group [humans] is tormented forever.

If you are honest and truthful you would agree.

But I doubt it.
    I am honest. I can see how you can see it that way.

But then there is what Jesus said about the lost being in outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth and their worm dieth not to take into consideration.

That doesn't mean annihilation. It means eternal suffering, which can be equated to mean they share the same fate.

And while I sympathize with your idea of "taking it exactly how it is stated", my saying "they share the same fate" is merely putting what the Bible says into practical terms.

Satan, the beast and false prophet, hell and death, and all those not found in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire.

In practical terms they all share the same fate. If you want to believe that the humans are annihilated in the lake of fire I'm fine with that.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 13:23
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You're by far the biggest offender of this. It permeates your thinking and prevents you posting in any meaningful sense.
    You’re just upset I called you out on that “notion” business. You deserved to be called out on that and I was more than happy to do it.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 13:41
    I am honest. I can see how you can see it that way.

But then there is what Jesus said about the lost being in outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth and their worm dieth not to take into consideration.

That doesn't mean annihilation. It means eternal suffering, which can be equated to mean they share the same fate.

And w ...[text shortened]... . If you want to believe that the humans are annihilated in the lake of fire I'm fine with that.
    Ok. So Revelation says torment for ever and ever for 3 beings. this :

There is no indication of eternal torment in that. There is torment and suffering yes but eternal .. not seeing it. Worm dieth not? Do you really know what that is? If so please tell me. Because even the so called experts dont.

Ok .. I dont do ' .. putting it in practical terms', like you said. that is just a nice way of justifying adding to the word of God.. Im not going there.. I do the Bible teachings

As for names in the book of life. that is an interesting one that requires a thread of its own. The problem with that is that the Christian teaching is that names are written in the book of life only after acceptance of Christ. That excludes all babies, infants children, and all who through lack of knowledge did not hear of Christ. God torments for eternity all these people?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree