1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 17:08
    Originally posted by @fmf
    This community is crawling with Christians who believe they will be judged on whether or not they have faith and most expressly they believe they will not be judged on how they used their free will. This seems different from what you are saying. Do they have a point?
    Can you cite an example of any Christian on here saying they will not be judged on how they used their free will? I don’t recall that being said a single time.

Unfortunately, this community is crawling with atheists and Christ deniers who love to troll Christians and misrepresent what they say.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 07:15
    This community is crawling with Christians who believe they will be judged on whether or not they have faith and most expressly they believe they will not be judged on how they used their free will. This seems different from what you are saying. Do they have a point?
    Yes, in the sense that what we will are actions unto themselves.

And our will should affirm the will of God. If it does not, it is useless.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 07:21
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Yes, in the sense that what we will are actions unto themselves.

And our will should affirm the will of God. If it does not, it is useless.
    This seems to be a very wishy-washy answer. So you agree that Christians will not be judged on how they use their free will? Or you don't?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 07:58
    This seems to be a very wishy-washy answer. So you agree that Christians will not be judged on how they use their free will? Or you don't?
    They’ll be judged on that at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Not to determine their salvation - they’re already saved - but to determine their rewards. At least that’s my understanding of it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 08:07
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    They’ll be judged on that at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Not to determine their salvation - they’re already saved - but to determine their rewards. At least that’s my understanding of it.
    What kinds of rewards are there for Christians who use their free will sinfully and/or without doing good works?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 08:13
    What kinds of rewards are there for Christians who use their free will sinfully and/or without doing good works?
    I haven’t read the relevant Bublical passage in a long time. But I believe everyone (not only Christians) do good works but the good works that have lasting value are those that advance the Kingdom of God. And while everyone sins, Christians should sin much less and repent of their sins. And their sins are forgiven.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 08:18
    I haven’t read the relevant Bublical passage in a long time. But I believe everyone (not only Christians) do good works but the good works that have lasting value are those that advance the Kingdom of God. And while everyone sins, Christians should sin much less and repent of their sins. And their sins are forgiven.
    Fine, but the question was: What kinds of rewards are there for Christians who use their free will sinfully and/or without doing good works?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 08:221 edit
    And the answer, to my understanding, is none.

Here’s a good look at the judgments by God.

“Question: "What does the Bible say about when God will judge us?"

Answer: There are two separate judgments. Believers are judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ (Romans 14:10-12). Every believer will give an account of himself, and the Lord will judge the decisions he made—including those concerning issues of conscience. This judgment does not determine salvation, which is by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9), but rather is the time when believers must give an account of their lives in service to Christ. Our position in Christ is the “foundation” spoken of in 1 Corinthians 3:11-15. That which we build upon the foundation can be the “gold, silver, and precious stones” of good works in Christ’s name, obedience and fruitfulness—dedicated spiritual service to glorify God and build the church. Or what we build on the foundation may be the “wood, hay and stubble” of worthless, frivolous, shallow activity with no spiritual value. The Judgment Seat of Christ will reveal this.

The gold, silver and precious stones in the lives of believers will survive God’s refining fire (v. 13), and believers will be rewarded based on those good works—how faithfully we served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27), how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9), etc. We will have to give an account for our actions, whether they were truly indicative of our position in Christ. The fire of God’s judgment will completely burn up the “wood, hay and stubble” of the words we spoke and things we did which had no eternal value. “So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God” (Romans 14:12 ).

The second judgment is that of unbelievers who will be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). This judgment does not determine salvation, either. Everyone at the Great White Throne is an unbeliever who has rejected Christ in life and is therefore already doomed to the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12 says that unbelievers will be “judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” Those who have rejected Christ as Lord and Savior will be judged based on their works alone, and because the Bible tells us that “by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified” (Galatians 2:16), they will be condemned. No amount of good works and the keeping of God’s laws can be sufficient to atone for sin. All their thoughts, words and actions will be judged against God’s perfect standard and found wanting. There will be no reward for them, only eternal condemnation and punishment.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/judgment.html
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 08:27
    And the answer, to my understanding, is none.

Here’s a good look at the judgments by God.

“Question: "What does the Bible say about when God will judge us?"

Answer: There are two separate judgments. Believers are judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ (Romans 14:10-12). Every believer will give an account of himself, and the Lord will judge the d ...[text shortened]... r them, only eternal condemnation and punishment.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/judgment.html
    Does the interpretation you have copy pasted happen to be exactly the same as your interpretation?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 08:30
    Does the interpretation you have copy pasted happen to be exactly the same as your interpretation?
    You asked a question and my answer, which I provided, was to my understanding the answer is none. The copy/paste was just for background.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 10:10

I haven’t read the relevant Bublical passage in a long time...
    Bublical?

Is that another revised version?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 19:34
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    So, it looks like the 'hell does not exist' debacle is over -- and it comes with another interesting perspective. Pope Francis sometimes feels like he's going a bit far to the left and then he likes to promptly clarify that it is not quite like that. I think we are experiencing major issues with how things are being reported to us -- sometimes it benefit ...[text shortened]... ]

http://www.newsweek.com/devil-real-pope-francis-says-fake-news-hell-which-does-exist-879653
    Left wingers either think hell does not exist or God does not exist.

That way they don't feel burdened with feeling the need to change their lifestyle.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Left wingers either think hell does not exist or God does not exist.

That way they don't feel burdened with feeling the need to change their lifestyle.
    And you are one hateful piece of work.

Are you now conflating the 'left' with atheism? Why?
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 19:03
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And you are one hateful piece of work.

Are you now conflating the 'left' with atheism? Why?
    Some conflate faith with politics. Probably why there are so many conflicts of interest.

Vote issues. Live faith.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Apr '18 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus says hell does exist .. end of story....
    Have you ever wondered why he talks to a limited slice of humanity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree