1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 14:19
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You’re just upset I called you out on that “notion” business. You deserved to be called out on that and I was more than happy to do it.
    Not at all. You merely demonstrated your lack of integrity in deliberately misrepresenting what another poster had written. Even Becker recognized the term 'notion' was introduced by the thread creator and had used it himself. (Hence me using it in my reply to him).

If you were not predisposed to quickly searching for ammunition, you might have stopped to realize that.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 14:34
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Not at all. You merely demonstrated your lack of integrity in deliberately misrepresenting what another poster had written. Even Becker recognized the term 'notion' was introduced by the thread creator and had used it himself. (Hence me using it in my reply to him).

If you were not predisposed to quickly searching for ammunition, you might have stopped to realize that.
    I didn’t misrepresent what you wrote; I quoted it directly and then questioned your very poorly-worded post. I realize you’re embarrassed, but really. Enough already, heartpence.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 15:06
    I didn’t misrepresent what you wrote; I quoted it directly and then questioned your very poorly-worded post. I realize you’re embarrassed, but really. Enough already, heartpence.
    Yes, I am invariably embarrassed communicating with you. As I say, you are void of integrity and a poor ambassador of your faith.

And you may wish to google the different between 'misquoting' and 'misrepresenting.'
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 15:13
    ... you are void of integrity and a poor ambassador of your faith.
    You misspelt bellend.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 16:19
    Yes, I am invariably embarrassed communicating with you. As I say, you are void of integrity and a poor ambassador of your faith.

And you may wish to google the different between 'misquoting' and 'misrepresenting.'
    It’s sad you can’t acknowledge that you expressed yourself very poorly in that post.

And your opinion of me means even less to me than dive’s.

You’re a bad hombre!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '18 16:21
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You misspelt bellend.
    Hi tiger,

Did you want the crunchy or smooth PB today? We’re all out of white bread; is rye Ok? I’ll cut the crusts off the way you like it.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 Apr '18 05:48
    I would like to see absolute proof that Assad is behind all of that.

It literally makes no sense, the timeline they propose...

... So, ISIS is nearly defeated, we've just taken over Eastern Ghouta, and final victory is totally in sight...

... How about we create a massive international incident by gassing random civilians instead of simply pushing ahead with victory?

lol.

Sun Tzu's Art of War:

"When you're winning the war, always do something insanely controversial right before victory so as to draw in sympathies and enrage neighboring states."
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '18 05:56
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I would like to see absolute proof that Assad is behind all of that.

It literally makes no sense, the timeline they propose...

... So, ISIS is nearly defeated, we've just taken over Eastern Ghouta, and final victory is totally in sight...

... How about we create a massive international incident by gassing random civilians instead of simply push ...[text shortened]... y controversial right before victory so as to draw in sympathies and enrage neighboring states."
    If you are referring to the genocide that you were unaware of, it has been going on for about seven years.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 03:48
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you are referring to the genocide that you were unaware of, it has been going on for about seven years.
    The "genocide" of who?

Genocide implies that a specific group of people, esp. an ethnic group, has been targeted.

Otherwise, if it is just this general mass killing of political enemies, "democide" is a better word.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 03:55
    The "genocide" of who?
    I told you.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 14:12
    No, I don’t. Evil came into existence through rebellion against God by entities that had free will.
    Okay. So God is NOT in charge.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 14:50

It’s sad you can’t acknowledge that you expressed yourself very poorly in that post.
    As an atheist, 'I have no notion of divine law' (I do not accept the existence of God and as a consequence do not recognise the existence of any divine law that governs the way I should live my life).

Only a complete imbecile would decern, 'I have no notion of divine law' as me saying 'divine law, never heard of it.'

I expressed myself perfectly. You either understood it poorly or disingenuously. (I suspect the latter).
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '18 17:15
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Okay. So God is NOT in charge.
    How do you come to that conclusion? God is definitely in control.

“Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:”

(Isaiah 46:10)

“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

(Psalm 46:10)

God allows us to make our own choices, and Satan has no more power than God permits him. Notice in the book of Job, Satan couldn’t do anything to Job without God’s approval.

On a side note it amazes me that Job isn’t included among the heroes of the faith in Hebrews chapter 11.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 06:57
    God allows us, and hte Angels, and perhaps even some animals, to exercise free will. ROmans is right.

Our free will is a gift.

And, in the end, we will be judged on how we used our free will.

How is God not ultimately in control?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 07:00
    And, in the end, we will be judged on how we used our free will.
    This community is crawling with Christians who believe they will be judged on whether or not they have faith and most expressly they believe they will not be judged on how they used their free will. This seems different from what you are saying. Do they have a point?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree