1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 May '16 17:27
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Seems like all beliefs regarding prayer and the will of God are faith based, yet many Christian speak as if they KNOW if not outright claim to KNOW. You seemed to have done so at times on this thread. Good to see that you had the humility to acknowledge it.
    God has promised healing, but I think it refers to in the Kingdom.
    However, I know he heals people today. What the prerequisite is? I am not sure, but I know faith is required.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '16 17:50
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    God has promised healing, but I think it refers to in the Kingdom.
    However, I know he heals people today. What the prerequisite is? I am not sure, but I know faith is required.
    Well, you seem to be back to stating that you "know" rather than it's "just your opinion".

This is really confusing.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '16 18:04
    Well, you seem to be back to stating that you "know" rather than it's "just your opinion".

You seem easily confused sir.

Checkbaiter has not claimed to know everything and used both 'I think' and 'I know' in his last post.

Do you end all of your own posts with 'just my opinion' or do you, like everyone else, speak more assuredly about things that you personally are certain about?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '16 18:49
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You seem easily confused sir.

Checkbaiter has not claimed to know everything and used both 'I think' and 'I know' in his last post.

Do you end all of your own posts with 'just my opinion' or do you, like everyone else, speak more assuredly about things that you personally are certain about?
    Read through our entire discussion.

Then make informed comments if you have any.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '16 18:57
    Read through our entire discussion.

Then make informed comments if you have any.
    I did and I have.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '16 19:03
    I did and I have.
    Well, I could take the time to cut and paste the pertinent parts of our discussion and point out in detail exactly where I was coming from, but given your posting history, there doesn't seem to be much point.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '16 19:471 edit
    Well, I could take the time to cut and paste the pertinent parts of our discussion and point out in detail exactly where I was coming from, but given your posting history, there doesn't seem to be much point.
    Your own posting history is one of rudeness, so I don't think i'll bother.

And before you deliver you usual accusation of trolling or of me only appearing in a thread to criticize you, I have been following and posting in this thread since page 2.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 May '16 19:52

That's because I have prayed for people who have been healed. No, no details needed.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '16 19:55
    Your own posting history is one of rudeness, so I don't think i'll bother.

And before you deliver you usual accusation of trolling or of me only appearing in a thread to criticize you, I have been following and posting in this thread since page 2.
    You don't think you'll bother to what?

When have I ever accused you of "only appearing in a thread to criticize" me?

Trolls don't post on threads? And here I thought that that was a big part of it.

You're just spewing nonsense. What else is new?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '16 19:59
    You don't think you'll bother to what?

When have I ever accused you of "only appearing in a thread to criticize" me?

Trolls don't post on threads? And here I thought that that was a big part of it.

You're just spewing nonsense. What else is new?
    And you have resorted to rudeness.

What else is new?

And yes, trolls post on threads. You have just demonstrated such.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 May '16 20:03
    And you have resorted to rudeness.

What else is new?

And yes, trolls post on threads. You have just demonstrated such.
    He only took so long getting to you because you're not a Christian.

Like Rajk, if you were Christian, you'd be a target right out of the gate.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '16 20:111 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    He only took so long getting to you because you're not a Christian.

Like Rajk, if you were Christian, you'd be a target right out of the gate.
    Actually I called GoaD on his trolling pretty much from the time he started posting here when he purported to be a "neutral observer" and then subsequently demonstrated that he was anything but.

Here's the thread: http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426

He was trolling then and continues to troll now.

Even his 'playing the victim' is part of his schtick. See for yourself.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '16 20:43
    Actually I called GoaD on his trolling pretty much from the time he started posting here when he purported to be a "neutral observer" and then subsequently demonstrated that he was anything but.

Here's the thread: http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426

He was trolling then and continues to troll now.

Even his 'playing the victim' is part of his schtick. See for yourself.
    I would of course link to the threads where you have been decidedly unpleasant, but they are so many in number I would probably break the server.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '16 20:463 edits
    I would of course link to the threads where you have been decidedly unpleasant, but they are so many in number I would probably break the server.
    the server? the entire internet would suffer a meltdown! it would be like the biggest DDos attack of all time as the servers tried to relay all the information.

(btw you want someone you know. . . 'ethically' hacked?? 1200 pounds seals the deal)
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 May '16 07:11
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    That's because I have prayed for people who have been healed. No, no details needed.
    The difficulty I have with 'healing by prayer' is the apparent inconsistency in these prayers being answered. Even if one puts it down to faith, there are millions of faithful out there who have prayed to no avail.

I don't expect you, or anyone, to provide an explanation as to why this is the case, but i do struggle to reconcile an all loving God with a God who heals some of the faithful, but not all of them. (We also have Mr Carrobie saying his prayer was answered for his truck to restart. If this is true, we appear to have a very arbitrary God on our hands when it comes to answering prayers).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree