1. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 15:21
    Originally posted by sonship
    You can set the mind on the spirit alone.
    You can also set the mind on the spirit in a small group gathered together into the Lord's name.

You can set the mind on the spirit where two or three are gathered together in the name of Jesus Christ. You need no permission to gather two or three together in your own home for the purpose of setting the mind on ...[text shortened]... Lord.

[b] "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)
    [/b]
    Oh yes, you are correct .. its written in your holy books:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
    Come, ye blessed of my Father,
    inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    for I was hungry, and ye sang me praises;
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me worship;
    I was a stranger, and ye shouted my name;
    naked, and ye put your mind on the spirit;
    I was sick, and ye believed in the Trinity;
    I was in prison, and ye was tempered and balanced. (WitnessLee 25:34-36 )

Great doctrine.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 01:27
    Originally posted by sonship
    No, Christ dying for is is only the [b] BEGINNING....
    We don't need you, buddy. We're okay with Christ. Um, you want some bomb-building guidance now?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 19:502 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    We don't need you, buddy. We're okay with Christ. Um, you want some bomb-building guidance now?
    You're not the intended recipient of my writing in this thread.

The OP said:

Some readers who have received Christ may like [edited] to discuss practical helps in learning to abide in Christ and keep His word.

This thread will be on some practical helps ONCE one has received Christ.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 07:32
    Originally posted by apathist
    Christ died for us. Done deal. God belief not required.

Get mental health help. A hike in the woods helps.
    And that is why Jesus said repent and believe?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 13:124 edits
    Christians should never be ashamed to admit that feeling plays a big part in their knowing reality. The sense of divine life and peace is unquestioningly a sense of feeling. But it is a deeper feeling than any other men and women may have.

We Christians may know that we are in God's favor because of the sense of life and peace which accompanies setting the mind on the spirit. If it were not for the apostolic teaching we might not take "life and peace" so seriously.

In Romans 7 and 8 the feeling of " life and peace" is set in contrast over against the sense of wretchedness and condemnation. Compare the two.

The feelings that accompany death -

" Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from the body of this death?" (7:24)

The elimination of self wretchedness and self condemnation by the Spirit of divine life in Christ Jesus in the human spirit:

"There is now then no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death.'" (8:1,2)

" ... those who are according to the
    [regenerated human] spirit mind the things of the [ Holy ] Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the [mingled ] spirit is life and peace." (vs. 5,6)

The inner sense of life and peace informs that Christian that she or he is abiding in Christ. This sense must deepen. This sense must expand. This sense is so solid that it can endure no matter what kind of outward circumstances may be occurring.

Even the martyrs who were sometime being tortured had beyond the pain a deeper sense of life and peace which enabled them to die for Christ. Some died singing and praising. Their minds were set on their spirit which was united with the Spirit of divine life in Christ Jesus.

But we do not have to wait for such adverse trials to set our mind on the mingled spirit EACH day, whether we are in troubles or not.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 15:085 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Oh yes, you are correct .. its written in your holy books:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
    Come, ye blessed of my Father,
    inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    for I was hungry, and ye sang me praises;
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me worship;
    I was a stranger, and ye shouted my name;
    nake ...[text shortened]... I was in prison, and ye was tempered and balanced. (WitnessLee 25:34-36 )

Great doctrine.
    Your dishonest lampoon is not clever. The word "tempered" is biblical. Witness Lee did not invent the word for Christian theology. The Apostle Paul used it.

First Corinthians 12:24 :

King James Bible
    For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

J N Darby also translates the Greek word there as TEMPERED

Darby Bible Translation

but our comely [parts] have not need. But God has tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to [the part] that lacked;

Some English versions used "blended".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree