1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 11:37
    @fmf said
    Yes, I am aware of what your faith is, but why are you talking to me as if I believe in the same Christian God figure as you do? What's all this stuff about a "genie in a bottle"?
    I'm not talking to you "as if" I'm talking to you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 11:391 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I'm not talking to you "as if" I'm talking to you.
    What has your assertion that your God figure is not a "genie in a bottle" got to do with me? There was never any time in my life that I thought he was "genie in a bottle". Was there ever a time when you thought he was a "genie in a bottle"?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 14:205 edits
    @FMF

" There is no atheism in foxholes " - an old saying.

It is possible for a foxhole in war to contain an atheist.
    And if I ever used that old maxim I doubt that I was being dogmatic about a folksy saying like that.

I could be mistaken but I may in years past spoken that addage concerning a Christian I KNEW who came out of a foxhole where a Christian was killed. He used it to argue with his Christian friends - "See? he got killed and he was praying to God" or something like that.

He was arguing as an atheist AGAINST "there are no atheists in foxholes".
    However sometime AFTER the experience he became a Christian.

This is no lie or exaggeration. This was his testimony. Sorry.
    Maybe you could find him on Facebook - Allen Kaufmann (Jewish by ethinicity ) living in the state of Mass. USA somewhere. Tell him Jack Wilmore recommended you verify his testimony of his Vietnam war experience and becomming a Christian.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 14:29
    @sonship said
    @FMF

" There is no atheism in foxholes " - an old saying.

It is possible for a foxhole in war to contain an atheist.
    And if I ever used that old maxim I doubt that I was being dogmatic about a folksy saying like that.
    I seem to remember you were simply lashing out and a hackneyed cliche was all you could come up with.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 14:51
    @fmf said
    What has your assertion that your God figure is not a "genie in a bottle" got to do with me? There was never any time in my life that I thought he was "genie in a bottle". Was there ever a time when you thought he was a "genie in a bottle"?
    I would say look at the context of the quote if a point was being made that is where you will find it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 15:014 edits
    @FMF

Well that's what you "remember". And I have seen how you tend to "remember" some things.

Both you and Divegeester need to be taken with a grain of salt whenever you announce that "Why, I REMEMBER sonship said this or that."

Your rememberance of things you didn't like is subjective, tainted with that subjectivity, and needs to be seen in context because I have caught you in half truths over the years.

There may be some element of truth in what you recall me writing. But your rememberance is more the rememberance of how you felt hearing something you didn't like.

And don't ask me for examples because I don't want to spend the time.
    Like, you don't want to spend the time to go get the quote of the foxhole - atheism thing you remember me saying.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 15:192 edits
    @sonship said
    Both you and Divegeester need to be taken with a grain of salt whenever you announce that "Why, I REMEMBER sonship said this or that."
    I wouldn’t, I have links to all your nonsense which interests me; it’s filed and ready for showing you when you next deny ever saying it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '22 15:42
    @sonship said
    There may be some element of truth in what you recall me writing. But your rememberance is more the rememberance of how you felt hearing something you didn't like.
    I think the more salient matter is what YOU felt that made you blurt out such a rhetorically impotent cliche.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree