1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 23:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Many claim that their god's omniscience includes all future and past events.

I remember the debate and someone said god existed "outside" time.
    Well what some claim and what the bible does say or suggest are sometimes two different things.
    A question for you...The Bible describes angels as being "messengers" to God. No doubt they give reports of activities from all over God's creation to him. So in light of that, what would that indicate? Does he know of eveything that is going on all the time in the universe or does he not? Tricky question...
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 15:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well what some claim and what the bible does say or suggest are sometimes two different things.
    A question for you...The Bible describes angels as being "messengers" to God. No doubt they give reports of activities from all over God's creation to him. So in light of that, what would that indicate? Does he know of eveything that is going on all the time in the universe or does he not? Tricky question...
    wait, wait, wait.

What does God need with "messengers"? Only to send out messages, certainly not to receive them. As such, why would they need to "report to Him"?

So what you mean to say is "messengers of God", not "messengers to God".
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 09:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No doubt they give reports of activities from all over God's creation to him. So in light of that, what would that indicate? Does he know of eveything that is going on all the time in the universe or does he not? Tricky question...
    Tricky question for theists.
    Not for me.
    🙂
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 11:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Tricky question for theists.
    Not for me.
    🙂
    Why would that be tricky? Yes, He does, from down to the smallest partical to the
    largest body or mass.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    18 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 12:541 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Scenario for you -

A person goes into theatre for life saving surgery, the family who are Christians pray to God that their loved one survives. Unfortunately their loved one doesn't make it.

In the above example are you saying that God hears this families prayers yet decides that this person surviving the operation is not part of his will and let ...[text shortened]... rson die? If surviving the operation was part of his will then could he have saved this person?
    Prayer is for forgiveness, it isn't a demand. It is our duty to pray, if and when God accepts our plea then things turn out better in life. What ,makes life better or worse however is not what we always perceive as positive or negative. Our manifestation of a spiritual account is mere in languages and words which enable us to relate to what we deem as a moral compass whereas the reality of god and bad “One calls others bad and good, as long as he himself is in the control of duality”.

The battle of the mind and what we call reality is deceiving and the cause of internal war “By indecision and inner conflict, you will come to ruin. Good and bad both pull at you”

However, that being only of a dimension and conduct we can relate too. Good and bad are incomprehensible and absolutely relative to the frame of mind of the observer. “The whole world is engrossed in bad and good. God’s devotee is above both, but those who understand this are very rare”

God is infinite power and everything else is its enclosure, so whether someone tries to prove makes no difference to HIS overall Authenticity. Divine knowledge is abundant in its manifestation in the world and beyond, now who understands it in whatever degree depending on their perception ability that is what projected to the world. Study is a creative method of exploring the universe, it is ever going subject with amendments, corrections and it leads to new horizons of study.

Scholars expound on peoples' belief without accepting their theory but put forward an infinite answer that is the most probable idea about the God. Nobody's theory and whoever tries hard in their life is not comprehensive ideology, but there is much more to understand and in the end GOD is the only ultimate power to explain HIS ideology in totality.

In respect to birth and death and in the good example you give.....death is not a BAD thing! It is not something we prayer against. If the divinity force is within and intangible then in this context the soul is ‘timeless’, non-temporal’, ‘deathless’, ‘not governed by temporal process’, or ‘not subject to birth, decay, and death’ thus merges back with the light of God. So why pray against that?

It’s our love for the world and lack of faith that makes us want more time on the earth. This is mere temptation. Make contentment your ear-rings, humility your begging bowl, and meditation the ashes you apply to your body. Let the
    remembrance of death be the patched coat you wear, let the purity of virginity be your way in the world, and let faith in the Lord be your walking stick. See the brotherhood of all mankind as the highest order of Yogis; conquer your own mind, and conquer the world. I bow to Him, I humbly bow. The Primal One, the Pure Light, without beginning, without end. Throughout all the ages, He is One and the Same.

Once we are able to think of God not being contracted or subject to any religion but instead for mankind, can we start to understand the birth/death cycle. Once someone finds god, they no longer need religion!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 13:08
    Originally posted by nonamesleftatall
    Prayer is for forgiveness, it isn't a demand. It is our duty to pray, if and when God accepts our plea then things turn out better in life. What ,makes life better or worse however is not what we always perceive as positive or negative. Our manifestation of a spiritual account is mere in languages and words which enable us to relate to what we deem ...[text shortened]... rt to understand the birth/death cycle. Once someone finds god, they no longer need religion!
    Prayer is for forgiveness

this is an over simplification, there are prayers of thanksgiving, prayers of supplication,
    prayers of praise, prayers for wisdom and guidance, prayers for strength, prayers for
    petition etc etc etc
  7. Joined
    18 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 13:173 edits
    Ok but prayer is a total invocation or act that seeks and objective to activate a rapport with a deity, an object of worship, or a spiritual entity through deliberate communication (wiki). We all can define it differently.... for me, it is not to want or request anything as such would be contrary to acceptance of the Lord's will. For example..

O God, all of us creatures praise Thee, for Thou hast delivered us of our fetters We salute Thee for thou hast kept us away from Sin. Thou art the Strength of the weak, (for) Thou art the strongest of the strong. Thou grantest honour to Thy devotees, the poor and the hapless, Lord.

In life, we reap the rewards of our own actions "God looks alike upon all, but we receive the fruits according to our own actions"

So what difference does praying for something make? In my Faith (Sikhism) we write the following against those who want and ask in prayer...

By thinking and thinking again a hundred thousand times, one cannot find a solution.
    By being quiet, peace cannot be found even if poised deep in meditation forever.
    The hunger of the hungry cannot be quenched if food is carried as baggage.
    One may possess a hundred thousand clever ideas, but even one will not accompany him/her*.
    Then, How can one be purified? How can one throw away the falsehood? By Abiding by the Command of God, which is written along with everyone.

So it is no use asking or wanting, it instead only useful accepting the will. Not really that easy i know!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 13:26
    Ok but prayer is a total invocation or act that seeks and objective to activate a rapport with a deity, an object of worship, or a spiritual entity through deliberate communication (wiki). We all can define it differently.... for me, it is not to want or request anything as such would be contrary to acceptance of the Lord's will. For example..

O ...[text shortened]... e strongest of the strong. Thou grantest honor to Thy devotees, the poor and the hapless, Lord.
    why the verbosity? its an act of communication 😕 this is 2012, what's with the English
    of the middle ages?
  9. Joined
    18 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 13:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why the verbosity? its an act of communication 😕 this is 2012, what's with the English
    of the middle ages?
    Really, is that it? From that you only question the style of writing? I can live with that 🙂
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 14:281 edit
    Really, is that it? From that you only question the style of writing? I can live with that 🙂
    perhaps thou wouldest telleth thee forum why thoughest utterest thou prayers as if
    God hearest only prayers when uttered in fifteenth century English, thanking thee full
    welleth in advance.
  11. Joined
    18 Jun '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 15:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    perhaps thou wouldest telleth thee forum why thoughest utterest thou prayers as if
    God hearest only prayers when uttered in fifteenth century English, thanking thee full
    welleth in advance.
    wow, how old are you? No further comment!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 15:41
    wow, how old are you? No further comment!
    thanketh thee Jesus for thoughest insulteth, when thoughest getteth into thy kingdom, please prayeth for me, a humblest sinnereth
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 20:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why would that be tricky? Yes, He does, from down to the smallest partical to the
    largest body or mass.
    Kelly
    galveston75 said it was tricky ....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree