1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 14:21
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    They are all the same sonship, manifestations of the very same entity😵
    I am opened to learn some more about it.

The huge count of 330 million comes from two factors:
    Our incomplete realization: Similar to the story above, God is one, but our limited knowledge makes us think that he is like Fire (Agni), Air (Vaayu), creator (Vishnu), Shakti (Goddess) and Knowledge (Saraswati), and our ignorance makes us think that they are different from each other, and hence we count them as distinct.
    The basic philosophy of Hinduism: This includes aham brahmāsmi (I am Brahman (God)) and tat tvam asi (Thou art That). In this way, sages, rivers, rocks, animals, and every human being in general is divine and hence God. The number 330 million comes from Upanishads, and according to me, this would have been the approximate population at the time when Upanishads were written, thus in-line with the above philosophy. Combining with point 1, every individual is counted as distinct.
    That also explains why scriptures like Gita, etc stresses on the equality of all beings, and doing karma according to dharma. The latter is helpful to the society and thus is just like a prayer to all the Gods in these fellow beings.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 14:33
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I am opened to learn some more about it.

The huge count of 330 million comes from two factors:
    Our incomplete realization: Similar to the story above, God is one, but our limited knowledge makes us think that he is like Fire (Agni), Air (Vaayu), creator (Vishnu), Shakti (Goddess) and Knowledge (Saraswati), and our ignorance makes us think that ...[text shortened]... l to the society and thus is just like a prayer to all the Gods in these fellow beings.
    Great!

'Brahma is the first god in the Hindu triumvirate, or trimurti. The triumvirate consists of three gods who are responsible for the creation, upkeep and destruction of the world. The other two gods are Vishnu and Shiva.' (www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/hinduism).

So to begin with sonship, when it comes to creation and Hinduism we are not talking about the millions of gods you referenced to denigrate the credibility of the Hindu religion, we are discussing a trinity of gods.

Now, please tell us what problems you have with the Trinity?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 15:26
    Originally posted by @sonship
    "Proof of God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance". Brilliant quote from Neil Degrasse Tyson.

II don't need mathematical proof for God's existence to know I am on the right track to have Christ completely wash my conscience from the stain of many sins, and empower me to live like Him. To have evidence that turning my hear ...[text shortened]... edge - astronomy and not play theologian at least until he reads something in the New Testament.
    So there is no wisdom in the OT? A woman is NOT just worth 30 shekels then?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 15:34
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So there is no wisdom in the OT? A woman is NOT just worth 30 shekels then?
    You still crying about that, I showed you the error in how you are complaining.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 16:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You still crying about that, I showed you the error in how you are complaining.
    Sorry, can you reiterate the refuation? A lot of water has gone under my particular bridge.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 16:28
    Yes, G-d cannot be proved or disproved, we agree.
    Instead of Faith and Science however, the pair "Evaluation of the Mind & Science" works better for me when it boild down to "how and "why"; for I still cannot see, for example, how and by what means one could accept both the theory of the evolution and the story of the protoplasts as viable theories of reality (in case the case of Adam and Eve is not conceived as a metaphor) 😵
    Why don't you write God as "G-d"?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 16:58
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Sorry, can you reiterate the refuation? A lot of water has gone under my particular bridge.
    Give me the verse again if you recall. Context of what the money was for mattered.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:29
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why don't you write God as "G-d"?
    Because I respect the believers of the Abrahamic religions, along with the believers of any other religion whose dogma is grounded on the belief that a supernatural entity is the power that created Kosmos and makes everything happen.
    😵
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:33
    No
    What do you mean? Hindus believe that all the gods of their pantheon are different manifestations of the very same supernatural entity😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:35
    Truth doesn't have to change where opinions and assumptions do.
    Truths are all mind-depended, they lack of inherent substance and they do not exist "our there" on their own being and separated by everything else😵
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:41
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Define 'God.'

(I'm guessing the Christian God, right? And that the same evidence doesn't support say a Hindu God?)
    Why? What I said could be applied to any super natural being and still be true.
  12. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:52
    How is proof of amino acids (natural), proof of God (supernatural)? Life is not proof of God, because life does not need a God to exist. Doesn't need a 'Creator' to transform from simple organic compounds by way of chemical reactions to single celled organisms.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 17:53
    Because I respect the believers of the Abrahamic religions, along with the believers of any other religion whose dogma is grounded on the belief that a supernatural entity is the power that created Kosmos and makes everything happen.
    😵
    Sorry, I miss wrote my question.

Why DO you write God as "G-D" I.e. with a dash?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 19:27
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Neil deGrasse Tyson is a brilliant astrophysicist. But his toolbox is only half full, since he ignores faith. He should stick to astrophysics.
    You have it backwards. He's not sticking his nose in religion, religion is sticking it's nose into science. Therefore, he must respond, since fundamentalists Christians have attacked evolution, climate change, the Big Bang, the scientific age of the earth/universe, vaccinations, etc.

It's Christians who won't leave scientists alone, not the other way around.
  15. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 20:01
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If you are looking for evide nce of God, then look at life itself.

We have just as much evidence for the existence of God as we do for abiogenesis.
    How is proof of amino acids (natural), proof of God (supernatural)? Life is not proof of God, because life does not need a God to exist. Doesn't need a 'Creator' to transform from simple organic compounds by way of chemical reactions to single celled organisms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree