1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 01:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Doesn't that rule out nearly everyone on this thread....and most of the posters in the whole forum?
    That's a reasonable conclusion. 😏
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 04:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The result has to make sense, numbnuts.
    So we come back to the fact that you will not actually accept any result that goes against your beliefs.
    So you were incorrect when you said:
    You are being like FMF now and misrepresenting what I have said.
    as I was, in fact, accurately representing what you had said.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 05:03
    If your faith is based on these things then you are indeed in trouble 🙂

Manny
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 08:22
    If anyone, scientist or layperson, produced "convincing proof" that the earth was a million years old or the Shroud of Turin was faked, I would believe it.

The insolvable problem here is that you are unable or unwilling to comprehend
    the evidence. Your definition of "convincing proof" is proof that you
    are able to understand. Fortunately for the rest of the world "convincing proof" has a different and far more realistic meaning.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 11:43
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Your definition of "convincing proof" is proof that [b]you are able to understand.[/b]
    No, that is not the case at all. His definition is proof that he is willing to understand.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 11:58
    If anyone, scientist or layperson, produced "convincing proof" that the earth was a million years old or the Shroud of Turin was faked, I would believe it.

P.S. That means one piece of proof is not enough to be convincing. There must be at least two pieces of strong evidence with no contradicting evidence that puts those pieces of proof in doubt.
    There is no level of proof that would convince you. You could be taken in a time machine to look at Jesus and when he was nowhere to be found you would say we are in the wrong universe.

Your brain is stuck on its brainwashing, which your Paulism faith has done well.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 13:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So we come back to the fact that you will not actually accept any result that goes against your beliefs.
    So you were incorrect when you said:
    [b]You are being like FMF now and misrepresenting what I have said.

as I was, in fact, accurately representing what you had said.[/b]
    Not at all. 😏
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 18:44
    Not at all. 😏
    You have been here over 2 years now; what do you think you have achieved with your posting methodology?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 18:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You have been here over 2 years now; what do you think you have achieved with your posting methodology?
    I have made my God and myself known. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 23:391 edit
    I have made my God and myself known.
    Not much of the former and far too much of the latter.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 03:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not much of the former and far too much of the latter.
    I haven't seen any proof yet. Give up? 😏
  12. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 09:16
    Can't be arsed. Give me a real problem and I might have a go. If it involves gods, demons, angels, pixies or other critters of myth rather than legend it doesn't count as a real problem.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 10:131 edit
    1. We don't have access to the Shroud of Turin, so producing proof is somewhat difficult.
    2. Any proof we did produce would be rejected by you as you readily admit.
    3. We have no significant interest in producing the proof, partly because of 2., but mostly because we all know it is a fake, and even if it was 'genuine' it is not evidence for anything of significance ie with sufficient study, it might be possible to show that it was used as a burial cloth for someone who died in the middle east at around the time that Jesus supposedly lived, but there would still be no evidence that it was Jesus' or that any claims about Jesus were true.

So, no, nobody has given up, because nobody was interested in trying in the first place.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 11:36
    Yes, when the Pope decided to allow the Shroud of Turin to be examined by scientists, the purpose was to determine if the Shroud of Turin was a fake burial cloth of Jesus. That has yet to be done, because the scientist who did the dating tests were too stupid to ensure the cloth they tested was the actual linen from the Shroud of Turin. It was not discover ...[text shortened]... ent laba that they had been testing cotton fibers dyed to look old like the linen of the Shroud.
    And now the Vatican will not let any more cloth be taken so exactly how are scientists supposed to test it? I assume if it was you there at the time that little corner piece was cut out, you would have known IMMEDIATELY that cloth was different from the rest. Such a pity you were not there to supervise those stupid scientists.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And now the Vatican will not let any more cloth be taken so exactly how are scientists supposed to test it? I assume if it was you there at the time that little corner piece was cut out, you would have known IMMEDIATELY that cloth was different from the rest. Such a pity you were not there to supervise those stupid scientists.
    The Vatican has bigger fish to fry these days (pun intended).

"Bingo after church!"

"All-you-can-eat Fish Fry, Friday Night, 7:00pm"

Watch for the white smoke.

My prediction, an Italian from Rome. Papal name: Peter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree