1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 09:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You said that if a scientist produced proof that contradicted your beliefs, then you would not accept the proof and conclude that the scientist is stupid.
    I asked for clarification and your response was that you will only accept proof from someone who is not stupid or does not have his head up his arse.
    So must I now conclude that your objection was not ...[text shortened]... e, then you will not accept any proof that contradicts this.
    So why did you bother even asking?
    You are being like FMF now and misrepresenting what I have said.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 10:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are being like FMF now and misrepresenting what I have said.
    I may have misunderstood what you said. Please feel free to rephrase it or clarify in some other way.
    If someone produced proof that the earth was 1 million years old, would you accept it?
    If someone produced scientific proof that the Shroud of Turin was fake, would you accept it?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:041 edit
    I may have misunderstood what you said. Please feel free to rephrase it or clarify in some other way.
    If someone produced proof that the earth was 1 million years old, would you accept it?
    If someone produced scientific proof that the Shroud of Turin was fake, would you accept it?
    If anyone, scientist or layperson, produced "convincing proof" that the earth was a million years old or the Shroud of Turin was faked, I would believe it.

P.S. That means one piece of proof is not enough to be convincing. There must be at least two pieces of strong evidence with no contradicting evidence that puts those pieces of proof in doubt.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:34
    If anyone, scientist or layperson, produced "convincing proof" that the earth was a million years old or the Shroud of Turin was faked, I would believe it.
    So what did you mean when you said:
    It would mean the scientists are still stupid.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:371 edit
    I read somewhere that the turin shrowd is an early photo, made with a camera obscurer and a clothe soaked in a photosensitive dye?

Will that do? I don't know if its fake, but i could fake one.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:38
    So what did you mean when you said:
    [b]It would mean the scientists are still stupid.
    [/b]
    I was referring to those stupid scientists that dated dyed cotton treads along with the linen threads of the shroud.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 18:21
    I was referring to those stupid scientists that dated dyed cotton treads along with the linen threads of the shroud.
    they tested the threads they were given. they were not able to chose the cloth themselves. they would have selected threads with the image on if given the choice. it seems odd that the church have refused to give any more thread since.

on another note. its not really up to science to prove its fake. its up to the church to prove its real. as they are the ones making the magical claims.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 18:49
    What nonsense is that?
    You have been here over 2 years now; what do you think you have achieved with your posting methodology?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 18:55
    But you said it in a response to a question as to how you would respond if the scientists reran the tests and got a +6000 year date. In other words you were saying you would not accept the result of their tests. I still don't understand why you said that. Why did you conclude that the scientists must be stupid based solely on the result of their tests? Doesn't this imply that you will not accept any result that does not fit with your beliefs?
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 19:45
    But you said it in a response to a question as to how you would respond if the scientists reran the tests and got a +6000 year date. In other words you were saying you would not accept the result of their tests. I still don't understand why you said that. Why did you conclude that the scientists must be stupid based solely on the result of their tests? Doesn't this imply that you will not accept any result that does not fit with your beliefs?
    he has denounced c-14 dating of rocks even though the tests have been done multiple times by various different scientists and the overwhelming majority come up with the same results.......yet rj still thinks the earth is 6000years old. he has effectively admitted that he will not accept facts that disagree with his beliefs.
  11. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 23:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    he has denounced c-14 dating of rocks even though the tests have been done multiple times by various different scientists and the overwhelming majority come up with the same results.......yet rj still thinks the earth is 6000years old. he has effectively admitted that he will not accept facts that disagree with his beliefs.
    C-14 is used to date organic materials less than 20 000 years old, not rocks.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 23:43
    Originally posted by Kepler
    C-14 is used to date organic materials less than 20 000 years old, not rocks.
    sorry!! i was aiming to keep things in the reference scope of rj. i should have specified uranium, potassium and so on.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 00:11
    What nonsense is that?
    the op for starters , numbnuts😏
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 00:16
    I will accept logical and reasonable proof from anyone that is not stupid or does not have his head up his arse. 😏
    Doesn't that rule out nearly everyone on this thread....and most of the posters in the whole forum?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 01:27
    The result has to make sense, numbnuts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree