Punishment

Punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
So they happen to believe what you believe?

What an amazing coincidence.
Sounds like an LSD trip. 😉

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
If a small child wonders out into the street, you have two options. The first option is to try and "reason" with him. Good luck!! The second option is to provide him with a negative outcome, such as a spanking, that is associated with running out into the street. This option has a much greater chance of working and could actually save his life.
Why limit yourself to two iditic options?

Why not praise the child when they do not wander into the street?
Why not show disappointment when they do?

Spanking a child will teach him/her that bigger people make little people do what they want by the use of force.

How do you think teachers control 30 kids?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i think its fair to say that much of what passes for modern psychology is conjecture at
best and hocus pocus at worst. There can be no question that the profusion of
delinquency in schools is a direct correlation to a teachers inability to lay a finger on a
pupil for fear of litigation. This is the direct result of a secular liberal ideology which has
its basis in pure materialism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_violence
Dear Robbie - I believe violence in schools is just a reflection of violence in society.

Monkey see, monkey do. children learn by imitation; they have enough negative imagery around them without being given the idea that to pursuade someone to do as you want a cane is required!

At what age would you consider caning someone who doesnt do as you ask assault? 16? 18?

Whatever age you choose you are left with the situation where at the stroke of midnight "good teaching practice" becomes ABH.

rc

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Dear Robbie - I believe violence in schools is just a reflection of violence in society.

Monkey see, monkey do. children learn by imitation; they have enough negative imagery around them without being given the idea that to pursuade someone to do as you want a cane is required!

At what age would you consider caning someone who doesnt do as you ask a ...[text shortened]... left with the situation where at the stroke of midnight "good teaching practice" becomes ABH.
i dont believe that i mentioned caning at all, why this should come to your mind i cannot say, for punishment takes many forms.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Dec 11

i dont believe that i mentioned caning at all, why this should come to your mind i cannot say, for punishment takes many forms.
Robbie - your phrase "lay a finger on" suggests corporal punishment does it not?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
okay, now it's my turn.

Do you actually believe this??
Please take any queries to the other thread created by wolfgang. Thank you

rc

Moves
02 Dec 11

Robbie - your phrase "lay a finger on" suggests corporal punishment does it not?
no not necessarily, it could simply mean removal from the classroom, by force, if
necessary.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Dec 11

no not necessarily, it could simply mean removal from the classroom, by force, if
necessary.
I'm sorry I misunderstood you then.

Removal from a classroom by reasonable force I believe is permitted if the individual is a danger to themselves, others or substantial amount of property.

Removing individuals from a class can be effective if not over-used. Of course the classroom environment has to be more interesting than where the villain has been sent!! No use banishing a student from a boring lesson!!!!

rc

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

I'm sorry I misunderstood you then.

Removal from a classroom by reasonable force I believe is permitted if the individual is a danger to themselves, others or substantial amount of property.

Removing individuals from a class can be effective if not over-used. Of course the classroom environment has to be more interesting than where the villain has been sent!! No use banishing a student from a boring lesson!!!!
No worries,

you see, this is the problem, there has to be some proviso, you cannot simply say,
please remove yourself from the classroom so that those who want to learn, can do
so, and if they refuse, give them the bums rush without fear or recrimination!