1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Please explain how either being a Christian, or not being a Christian is a false dichotomy?
    With all the conflicting opinions on what "being a Christian" actually entails as well as on what the Bible actually says, you can't understand how someone may not know whether or not he is a Christian?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 18:50
    He means that it is possible to be both Christian and non-Christian at the same time and that therefore I am asking you an unreasonable question.

Edit: no matter what his explaination is, I predict that you will like it.
    He means that it is possible to be both Christian and non-Christian at the same time and that therefore I am asking you an unreasonable question.

Your reading comprehension is poor. Perhaps it'd be better if you refrain from pretending that you know what other people mean.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:09
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Explain why Christianity is the correct choice.

Maybe you cannot?
    I can attempt something, but I cannot prove anything to you.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:11
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    With all the conflicting opinions on what "being a Christian" actually entails as well as on what the Bible actually says, you can't understand how someone may not know whether or not he is a Christian?
    I asked you how it is a "false dichotomy".
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:121 edit
    [b]He means that it is possible to be both Christian and non-Christian at the same time and that therefore I am asking you an unreasonable question.

Your reading comprehension is poor. Perhaps it'd be better if you refrain from pretending that you know what other people mean.[/b]
    Please explain (precisely) how my reading comprehension is poor.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:13
    I can attempt something, but I cannot prove anything to you.
    You cannot prove your faith?

Is your faith weak?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:33
    I asked you how it is a "false dichotomy".
    I know you did. The answer is contained in my response. Perhaps if your reading comprehension were better, you'd figure it out.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:341 edit
    You cannot prove your faith?

Is your faith weak?
    You don't even know if you have a faith.

Your mind is weak.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:35
    Please explain (precisely) how my reading cmprehension is poor.
    Because when you pretended to know what I meant, it wasn't what I meant at all.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:401 edit
    I know you did. The answer is contained in my response. Perhaps if your reading comprehension were better, you'd figure it out.
    No, your post contained a generalised premise that there are varying perceptions about what a Christian is by a large population; it does not account for what chaney3 as an individual within that population, and who can decide for himself what a Christian is, or is not, thinks about the validity of his own Christianity. He must know, based on his own understanding of what Christianity is to him, whether he is one or not.

Are you a Christian, ThinkOfOne?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:411 edit
    Because when you pretended to know what I meant, it wasn't what I meant at all.
    I refer to my reply above.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 19:56
    No, your post contained a generalised premise that there are varying perceptions about what a Christian is by a large population; it does not account for what chaney3 as an individual within that population, and who can decide for himself what a Christian is, or is not, thinks about the validity of his own Christianity. He must know, based on his own un ...[text shortened]... g of what Christianity is to him, whether he is one or not.

Are you a Christian, ThinkOfOne?
    He can't "decide for himself" that "with all the conflicting opinions on what 'being a Christian' actually entails as well as on what the Bible actually says", that he doesn't know? That he doesn't feel that he has enough non-conflicting information on which to base that determination?

Just because you feel that you have enough non-conflicting information to make that determination, doesn't mean that he does.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 20:00
    I refer to my reply above.
    And when you pretended to know what I meant, it STILL wasn't what I meant at all. I'm thinking I'm in a better position to know what I meant - even if you STILL don't.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 20:19
    What do you mean?
    DG can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that "I don't know" can be a perfectly valid answer to the question "Are you a Christian?" - depending on the individual.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 20:38
    DG can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that "I don't know" can be a perfectly valid answer to the question "Are you a Christian?" - depending on the individual.
    You ether are, or you are not. There is no in between.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree