Punishment

Punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
24 Apr 17

Originally posted by divegeester
The at that point he/she isn't one.
Seriously DG. Stop and THINK about it.

Here's a big clue: C3 isn't you.

T

Moves
25 Apr 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Look jerk....I don't freakin know!!!

But I want to.
If nothing else, perhaps the penny dropped for DG and he was able to wrap his mind around the fact that a given individual may not feel that he has enough non-conflicting information on which to base a determination of whether or not he's a Christian. If so, he should stop hounding you about whether or not your a Christian.

Christianity is a mess because it's built upon a foundation of sand rather than rock. Little wonder that you struggle to make sense of it - its self-serving beliefs are nonsensical.

c

Moves
25 Apr 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
If nothing else, perhaps the penny dropped for DG and he was able to wrap his mind around the fact that a given individual may not feel that he has enough non-conflicting information on which to base a determination of whether or not he's a Christian. If so, he should stop hounding you about whether or not your a Christian.

Christianity is a mess becau ...[text shortened]... Little wonder that you struggle to make sense of it - its self-serving beliefs are nonsensical.
Jesus said if we know the truth, we will be set free.

How can anyone really 'know' the truth for certain? Or do the ones who claim to 'know', take it strictly from the Bible, with the certainty and trust that it has been: properly translated through history, and that it is indeed the divine message of God? With all other religions being wrong.

T

Moves
25 Apr 17

How can anyone really 'know' the truth for certain? Or do the ones who claim to 'know', take it strictly from the Bible, with the certainty and trust that it has been: properly translated through history, and that it is indeed the divine message of God? With all other religions being wrong.
Actually, he said that if we abide in his word, we will know the truth and the truth will set us free - free from committing sin.

Christianity isn't built upon the word of Jesus. It is built upon the mythology of Jesus that was wrapped around His word.

Not all other religions are wrong - at least not everything about all other religions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Apr 17

We have working models on the five continents of disciples of Christ overcoming.

We have found that victory is very much related to the unity of the Body of Christ. It seems that God has not designed the Christian life so that individualistically you can easily prevail.

Many Christians are actually too hard on themselves. They are isolated and experience little of the corporate supply of the mystical Body of Christ. It is no wonder that they are often defeated.

I would advice the struggling Christian to begin to pray that God bring him into the oneness of the Body of Christ that in the Body he may experience more of the life power of God which is FOR the collective expression of unity in Christ.

Moves
26 Apr 17

Based on what ToO has said and in the light of the contradictory statement that you have made about your "Christianity" in this forum; how would you describe yourself? How do you set the the record and if you like, me, straight?

A Christian, struggling to maintain their faith?
A ex Christian who thinks the bible is (as you have sad several times) is BS?
Completely undecided?

T

Moves
26 Apr 17

Based on what ToO has said and in the light of the contradictory statement that you have made about your "Christianity" in this forum; how would you describe yourself? How do you set the the record and if you like, me, straight?

A Christian, struggling to maintain their faith?
A ex Christian who thinks the bible is (as you have sad several times) is BS?
Completely undecided?
Seriously DG. What difference does it make?

There's no need for him to "set the record...straight".

Moves
26 Apr 17
1 edit

Seriously DG. What difference does it make?

There's no need for him to "set the record...straight".
This is a discussion board.
chaney3 has repeatedly made strong claims about himself, his christianity , the Bible and other believers. If he doesn't wish to engage with me about these things he says then he doesn't have to.

T

Moves
26 Apr 17

This is a discussion board.
chaney3 has repeatedly made strong claims about himself, his christianity , the Bible and other believers. If he doesn't wish to engage with me about these things he says then he doesn't have to.
You believe this entitles you to hound him mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian even though you apparently are unable to articulate what difference it makes?

He seemed to have clearly let his feelings about your doing so known when he responded with "Look jerk....I don't freakin know!!!".

Is your aim to show just how big a "jerk" you can be about it?

Moves
26 Apr 17

You believe this entitles you to hound him mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian even though you apparently are unable to articulate what difference it makes?

He seemed to have clearly let his feelings about your doing so known when he responded with "Look jerk....I don't freakin know!!!".

Is your aim to show just how big a "jerk" you can be about it?
Perhaps you didn't understand my previous post?

T

Moves
26 Apr 17

Perhaps you didn't understand my previous post?
I'll take that as a "YES" to both questions.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
26 Apr 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Because he doesn't tout any god per se.
However he doesn't deny Hinduism either on the other hand.
I don't know about Jesus, Guatama Buddha didn't mention him. Maybe because he came 500 years before. However I'm sure s figure like Jesus would've been acknowledge by that type of intelligence.
Guatama was a Hindu. Did he renounce his Hindu beliefs ?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Apr 17
1 edit

Why should I believe in God?
Why should I believe in Jesus?
What if Buddha is correct?
What if Allah is correct?

The Bible?

Tell me why Jesus is the way.

And how you know.
A few months ago you asked the same question. I recommended you read the book "Jesus among other Gods" by Ravi Zacharias. Have you read it?

Here is a pdf version:

https://truth4freedom.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/zachariasravi-jesus-among-other-gods.pdf

Moves
26 Apr 17

I'll take that as a "YES" to both questions.
OK if that makes you feel like you've achieved what you were after.

Moves
26 Apr 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
A few months ago you asked the same question. I recommended you read the book "Jesus among other Gods" by Ravi Zacharias. Have you read it?

Here is a pdf version:

https://truth4freedom.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/zachariasravi-jesus-among-other-gods.pdf
I wonder if he read any of it...