1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 06:40
    Where is Hell? I mean physically?

I always assumed that the belief was that you die and basically your soul is taken out of the physical universe altogether, kind of like what science fiction would consider another dimension. But I've been reading some Christian stuff that suggests that it's physically underground - in the core of the Earth. One website even claimed that we've discovered giant worms that somehow escaped from Hell and made it to the ocean floor, and that some Russians were digging too deep years ago and could hear the screams of the damned.

Do you have a belief about the location of Hell? Is Heaven then literally in the sky?
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 06:54
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    One website even claimed that we've discovered giant worms that somehow escaped from Hell and made it to the ocean floor, and that some Russians were digging too deep years ago and could hear the screams of the damned.
    That must have been some damn potent vodka. "I think I hear Comrade Stalin!"
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 09:25
    Where is Hell? I mean physically? [...] Do you have a belief about the location of Hell? Is Heaven then literally in the sky?
    I believe 'hell' exists only in the statements and writings of people whose purpose is to manipulate others.
  4. St. Peter's
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 10:57

I always assumed that the belief was that you die and basically your soul is taken out of the physical universe altogether, kind of like what science fiction would consider another dimension. But I've been reading some Christian stuff that suggests that it's physically underground - in the core of the Earth. One website ...[text shortened]... ed.

Do you have a belief about the location of Hell? Is Heaven then literally in the sky?
    the word hell as it is used in the new testament doesn't mean the hell you are envisioning. it is Ghenna, which was a burning trash pit outside of Jerusalem. It means spiritual death or spiritual unholiness.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 12:49

I always assumed that the belief was that you die and basically your soul is taken out of the physical universe altogether, kind of like what science fiction would consider another dimension. But I've been reading some Christian stuff that suggests that it's physically underground - in the core of the Earth. One website ...[text shortened]... ed.

It's a mistake to speculate about too many details, but the Bibles says this and that about heaven and hell. There are too many interpretations about what it all means. Personally, I just accept the fact that heaven and hell exist, but I don't try to understand more about "the other side" than what I know. Which isn't too much.

It's okay to ponder possibilities like "physical universes" and other "dimensions", but I like to stick to things more tangible, like this current reality, rather than trying to fathom things that no one really knows the answers to anyway.

I like this question. The answer is cut and dry. Are we going to believe God or some man? Including ourselves. We're not going to understand it all, no matter what, so therefore I choose to believe God.

Some will think they are clever and ask "which God"? But that's a no-brainer. There is only one true God. All the rest of them are impostors.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 13:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I believe 'hell' exists only in the statements and writings of people whose purpose is to manipulate others.
    Amen brother! That's what I have been saying for a long time. Lets all pray for the success of atheism.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 15:33
    I don't believe in suffering after death nor an eternal "hell". Happy to take it up with my maker if he gives me an interview.
  8. Illinois
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 17:26

You're always going to find examples of the Bible interpreted literally where it is meant to be interpreted metaphorically. Hell is real, but it is not literally underground. It is eternal separation from God, both spiritually and bodily, but the Bible doesn't tell us where it is.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 20:06
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    You're always going to find examples of the Bible interpreted literally where it is meant to be interpreted metaphorically. Hell is real, but it is not literally underground. It is eternal separation from God, both spiritually and bodily, but the Bible doesn't tell us where it is.
    have you changed your stance on this epiphinehas for i recall a rather prolonged debate between you and I and a certain Greek word, which meant a cutting off.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 20:10
    Why this is hell, nor am I out of it.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 20:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    have you changed your stance on this epiphinehas for i recall a rather prolonged debate between you and I and a certain Greek word, which meant a cutting off.
    Hell is a form of circumcision -- or castration?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 20:13
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Hell is a form of circumcision -- or castration?
    Lol, yes in a sense.
  13. Illinois
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 20:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As I recall, our stances differed on the question of whether hell is eternal suffering or not. I argued that it is eternal suffering and you argued that it is merely the end of consciousness forever, i.e., death. I don't think there's anything in my post to indicate my position has changed.
  14. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 21:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's a mistake to speculate about too many details, but the Bibles says this and that about heaven and hell. There are too many interpretations about what it all means. Personally, I just accept the fact that heaven and hell exist, but I don't try to understand more about "the other side" than what I know. Which isn't too much.

It's okay to ponder possibi ...[text shortened]... at's a no-brainer. There is only one true God. All the rest of them are impostors.
    That's kind of a typical answer from Sunday school teachers. If they can't answer it, the basic response is that you shouldn't be asking the question.

Those other questions are fine, but they are discussed thoroughly in other threads. My question was a simple one.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 00:031 edit

I always assumed that the belief was that you die and basically your soul is taken out of the physical universe altogether, kind of like what science fiction would consider another dimension. But I've been reading some Christian stuff that suggests that it's physically underground - in the core of the Earth. One website ed.

The only thing I care about is that I and Hell never are in the same place at the
    same time. Beyond that, if you do not want to believe in it or not does not at
    all have anything to do if it is real or not.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree