1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 01:29
    Originally posted by bot 6
    honestly i think atheist actually do believe in God, they just don't want anything to do with religion....
    Believe me, atheists don't believe in god. That's what the word means. If they believed in god, then they wouldn't be atheists.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 03:17
    honestly i think atheist actually do believe in God, they just don't want anything to do with religion....
    What the?
    Atheism means no belief in god. What part of that don't you understand?
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 03:24
    phd is just another word for talking out of my a$$, anyone can philosophy....im talking about being ignorant about the universe.
    So you really think additional years of research and study amount to nothing? 😕
  4. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 03:49
    Originally posted by amannion
    What the?
    Atheism means no belief in god. What part of that don't you understand?
    i think that some atheists are true atheist. but for the most part the "title" they call themselves is just a excuse not to be apart of this confusion of religion, and every ones definition of God.
    i think atheists are sick of the whole scene, that's why they call themselves that. not because they don't believe in God....for the most part.
  5. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 04:00
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    So you really think additional [b]years of research and study amount to nothing? 😕[/b]
    i think the philosophy learned by whoever, Socrates, Plato, can be achieved in your own backyard....philosophy comes from your mind, not books.....its easy to philosophy. To find truth. that is the challenge
  6. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 06:17
    i think the philosophy learned by whoever, Socrates, Plato, can be achieved in your own backyard....philosophy comes from your mind, not books.....its easy to philosophy. To find truth. that is the challenge
    You can get a PhD in things other than philosophy, most of them are actually. To get a doctorate, you have to do research and publish a thesis as well as just take classes, you are using your own mind, not just the work of others. Plato and Socrates are all well and good, but they don't lead to much new knowledge anymore.
  7. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 06:20
    i think that some atheists are true atheist. but for the most part the "title" they call themselves is just a excuse not to be apart of this confusion of religion, and every ones definition of God.
    i think atheists are sick of the whole scene, that's why they call themselves that. not because they don't believe in God....for the most part.
    I'm an atheist and I've actually had to participate in organized religion a lot lately, I don't believe a word of it I assure you, but it certainly hasn't gotten me out of the religion scene, at least for the moment. I and many other people definitely DO NOT believe in any kind of god or "higher power" whatsoever.
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 06:26
    So, by your rationale most Christians are just calling themselves that to what, be a part of the 'whole scene'?
    This makes no sense.
    My Dad has and wants no part of the religion 'scene'. He calls himself nothing. It wouldn't even cross his mind to do so. God, religion, churches, mean nothing to him. He's areligious I guess.
    I'm an atheist not because I'm sick of any 'scene' - far from it. My posts here are an indication of my willingness and desire to be a part of the discussions and arguments. I'm an atheist because I reject the notion that there exists any sort of supernatural aspect to the world around us.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 08:41
    No. I don't believe in God whatsoever. It's a crock of crap.

Now, tell me why atheists are ignorant.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 08:43
    phd is just another word for talking out of my a$$, anyone can philosophy....im talking about being ignorant about the universe.
    No. PhD means you have a doctorate. I have. I'm seriously doubting you do, considering you don't know what it means. I'm a scientist by trade. As is Stephen Hawking. Are you suggesting that YOU know more about the universe than he does??

I think its you talking out of your ass.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 08:44
    A PhD is not necessarily in philosophy. Mine is in science.

Perhaps you should look these things up, it's obvious you don't understand.
  12. CA, USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 08:55
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    No. I don't believe in God whatsoever. It's a crock of crap.

Now, tell me why atheists are ignorant.
    Atheists .. and you in particular .. are ignorant because they claim to "know everything."

More arrogant than ignorant.
  13. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:08
    You clearly have no idea what phliosophy actually is. I doubt whether after years of study you could even grasp the simplest of philosophical concepts.
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:09
    Originally posted by jammer
    Atheists .. and you in particular .. are ignorant because they claim to "know everything."

More arrogant than ignorant.
    Atheist know no more than anyone else.
    Why is it that when we claim that there is no god, we're arrogant - when you claim there is, you're not?
  15. CA, USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:12
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    No. PhD means you have a doctorate. I have. I'm seriously doubting you do, considering you don't know what it means. I'm a scientist by trade. As is Stephen Hawking. Are you suggesting that YOU know more about the universe than he does??

I think its you talking out of your ass.
    Just go ahead and say it .. you think you're smarter than everyone else.
    Stephen Hawkings may be the high priest of Atheism, but he still needs someone to wipe his arse for him .. or in your case .. lick it.

Memorizing and regurgetating "facts" for some University test is one thing .. being able to tie your own shoes and wipe your own arse is quite another.
    You know a lot of facts in one area of life .. science. That doesn't mean you have the sense to come in out of the rain, just that you learned how to memorize and suck up to Professors in a closed society.
    Get over yourself, you ain't all that and FOR SURE you don't know everything, as a matter of fact, from your posts, you don't much of anything outside of one little area of life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree