1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:18
    Originally posted by amannion
    Atheist know no more than anyone else.
    Why is it that when we claim that there is no god, we're arrogant - when you claim there is, you're not?
    Not arrogant, just deluded.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:20
    Originally posted by jammer
    Just go ahead and say it .. you think you're smarter than everyone else.
    Stephen Hawkings may be the high priest of Atheism, but he still needs someone to wipe his arse for him .. or in your case .. lick it.

Memorizing and regurgetating "facts" for some University test is one thing .. being able to tie your own shoes and wipe your own arse is quite anoth ...[text shortened]... of fact, from your posts, you don't much of anything outside of one little area of life.
    Stephen Hawking has a motor neurone condition, not a lack of knowledge about how to walk, you imbecile. Apart from that, since when was he the high priest of atheism? Are you crowning him such?

Tell us then, what is it YOU know about, given that you know nothign about science. Where is your wordly wisdom?
  3. CA, USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:20
    Originally posted by amannion
    Atheist know no more than anyone else.
    Why is it that when we claim that there is no god, we're arrogant - when you claim there is, you're not?
    I don't claim to "know" that God exists.

Being an atheist means you claim to know that God doesn't exist.

To positively assert a universal negative - you would have to know everything. To be absolutely certain that God doesn't exist outside the limits of your knowledge, you would have to possess all knowledge.

Scotty claims to know everything, something you'd expect from your average teenager, not from an 'educated" person.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:25
    I don't claim to "know" that God exists.

To positively assert a universal negative - you would have to know everything. To be absolutely certain that God doesn't exist outside the limits of your knowledge, you would have to possess all knowledge.

Scotty claims to know everything, something you'd expect from your average teenager, not from an 'educated" person.
    No, you're wilfully misinterpreting the atheist stance. Only a strong atheist would assert to god's non-existence and that's as unconvincing as a theist's. Most atheists are weak atheists, they deny god's existence in light of a lack of evidence and until convincing evidence is found.

Since when has he claimed to know everything?
  5. CA, USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:33
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Stephen Hawking has a motor neurone condition, not a lack of knowledge about how to walk, you imbecile. Apart from that, since when was he the high priest of atheism? Are you crowning him such?

Tell us then, what is it YOU know about, given that you know nothign about science. Where is your wordly wisdom?
    Apparently little Stevie, one of the "smartest" men on earth, doesn't know all that much or he'd be able to fix his twisted little body.
    Maybe he's mad at God for his plight in life. Maybe he's never been layed and bitter about that too.
    What I know about science is very little. What I know about God is very little too. I have managed to figure out that i'm not the center of the universe though, and that I haven't quite got to where I "know everything" yet .. only a scientest could do that.
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:35
    Atheists .. and you in particular .. are ignorant because they claim to "know everything."

More arrogant than ignorant.
    I think you'll find that that you are describing theists, not atheists.

Theist:
    "All the other religions in the world, that claim knowledge of absolute truth, are wrong. My religion, that also claims knowledge of absolute truth, is right. No amount of argument or contrary evidence can change my mind"

Atheist (at least a concientious one):
    "I have seen no evidence that any of the religions claiming knowledge of absolute truth. All analysis points towards them being simple models trying to explain the universe and all fall down when examined with a critical eye. Without extraordinary evidence, independantly verified, I will believe none of them"

Essentially, a theist disbelieves in 99% of all religions whereas an atheist disbelieves in 1% more.

--- Penguin.
  7. CA, USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:39
    Originally posted by Starrman
    No, you're wilfully misinterpreting the atheist stance. Only a strong atheist would assert to god's non-existence and that's as unconvincing as a theist's. Most atheists are weak atheists, they deny god's existence in light of a lack of evidence and until convincing evidence is found.

Since when has he claimed to know everything?
    Had you admitted from the start that your knowledge was "weak" I wouldn't have called you on it dummy.
    Face it, your ego is huge, but your argument is "weak"
    If you were anywhere near as clever as you think, you'd "know" ... you're more full of crap than a Christmas turkey
  8. CA, USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:42
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I think you'll find that that you are describing theists, not atheists.

Theist:
    "All the other religions in the world, that claim knowledge of absolute truth, are wrong. My religion, that also claims knowledge of absolute truth, is right. No amount of argument or contrary evidence can change my mind"

Atheist (at least a concientious one):
    "I have see ...[text shortened]... believes in 99% of all religions whereas an atheist disbelieves in 1% more.

--- Penguin.
    Who did you quote?

Yourself?
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:53
    Atheists .. and you in particular .. are ignorant because they claim to "know everything."

More arrogant than ignorant.
    No I don't.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:54
    Just go ahead and say it .. you think you're smarter than everyone else.
    Stephen Hawkings may be the high priest of Atheism, but he still needs someone to wipe his arse for him .. or in your case .. lick it.

Memorizing and regurgetating "facts" for some University test is one thing .. being able to tie your own shoes and wipe your own arse is quite anoth ...[text shortened]... of fact, from your posts, you don't much of anything outside of one little area of life.
    What a complex you have. Get therapy.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:56
    No it doesn't.

Being an atheist only means that you believe God doesn't exist.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 09:58
    Apparently little Stevie, one of the "smartest" men on earth, doesn't know all that much or he'd be able to fix his twisted little body.
    Motor neuron disease. Look it up. It's not something with a cure.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 10:00
    Had you admitted from the start that your knowledge was "weak" I wouldn't have called you on it dummy.
    If you were anywhere near as clever as you think, you'd "know" ... you're more full of crap than a Christmas turkey
    So what's wrong with the argument? Are you so bad at this that you feel the need to attack the person making the argument?
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 10:00
    Who did you quote?

Yourself?
    Actually, it's an argument forwarded by Richard Dawkins. It's pretty much accurate too.
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 10:04
    You are a bizarrely confused person. My knowledge is not weak, my atheism is and atheism is a position of denial, it doesn't assert anything and so can't be called knowledge.

If I was as clever as I'd like to be, even if I was as clever any human could be, I'd still not claim to know everything. Even still I know a hell of a lot more than you will ever do. You know next to nothing about science, next to nothing about god (which is a concept you believe in whole-heartedly, how does that work? I wouldnt believe in something I couldn't understand at least the majority of), in fact you seem to know very little at all. And you're telling me how clever I am?

Go back to kindergarten and learn something about the world before you invest your soul in a non-existent concept, fool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree