1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 03:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    Jews were hunted down like dogs in "Christian" Europe at one time and killed for rejecting their Messiah. But as we see today, hate is now focused in other ways, such as those who hate Zionists. Haters are gonna hate.
    Let's hope that people who disagree with your analysis are not inhibited in any way by you trying to dismiss and brand them as "haters". Zionism is a political ideology.

I would count myself as an opponent of Zionism, for what it's worth, but I do not "hate" Zionists and I certainly do not see any link between my political opinions about the post-WW2 era in the Levant on one hand and "Jews being hunted down like dogs in Christian Europe" on the other, although for your own shallow retail politics reasons you appear to wish to poison the well from which the discourse draws.

The theological claim to the land in question does not strike me as having validity in a multi-faith and multi-ethnic region.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 04:01
    2. We all have issues with our moral compass. That is why we need God. Righteosness based upon only what we think is right is self righteous in nature.
    Your unsubstantiated assertions about the "afterlife" and about "eternal punishment" for being different from you are born of sheer vanity and self-righteousness on your part. That you believe such "eternal punishment" constitutes "justice" is where I believe your moral compass fails.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 04:06
    3. And I'm sure that many people have oppressed and killed innocent people with the notion that they will get away with it simply because they are the law of the land or have the military might to do so without reprocussions with the notion that will never have to answer to God.
    We are talking about your God figure torturing billions of people (with different beliefs from you) in burning agony for eternity ~ a form of "justice" that your moral mind map apparently endorses. This is a notion far more ghastly and depraved than anything "oppressors" or "military might" can do in real life.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 04:12
    As I've said, hell is referred to in the spiritual realm. Fire and brimstone are terms used to describe it, but I don't reckon you could use fire as we know it to actually burn a spirit.

I have no idea what it involves, and hope never to find out.
    That your imagination cannot fully imagine what it is imagining does not serve to reduce your vanity and self-righteousness. If you feel "belittled", maybe it's because you know in your heart of hearts that you cannot be coherent when you try to explain what is, after all, merely an inchoate gut feeling that you happen to have ~ "backed" by huge quantities of mythological screed that you happen to propagate.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 07:13
    My question is, did Jesus die on the cross in vain?

Was his death and subsequent ressurection needed to have life in the next life?

Secondly, is our faith in vain? If everyone will have the same fate after death, then why not eat, drink, and be merry and forget about God and our faith in him?
    No

Yes

No

Because if you have the spirit within you you have that life now as a "deposit" (scriptural) and the nature of god lives through you. It is not about law which leads to death it is about the spirit which leads us to life.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 07:141 edit
    We are belittled even here. Any hint of a belief in a hell is met with outrage and disdain.
    Are you going to define what hell is to you or not?

Edit: apologies, you made and attempt further down.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 07:16
    Hell meaning seperation from God in the next life.
    What does this mean?

You know exactly what people are "outraged" about don't you, so why don't you stop prevaricating and say exactly what you think instead of shoehorning.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 07:19
    I have no idea what it involves,....
    And yet here you are defending a version of it which is at best tenuously expressed in scripture and which describes our Lord as cruel and torturing rather than righteous.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 10:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    We are talking about your God figure torturing billions of people (with different beliefs from you) in burning agony for eternity ~ a form of "justice" that your moral mind map apparently endorses. This is a notion far more ghastly and depraved than anything "oppressors" or "military might" can do in real life.
    And you are presenting a picture of a God who is unjust.

Guess what, men like Hitler will face justice. Only a loving God would insist upon it.

In a world with injustice all around us, I dare say we have no real concept of what justice really is.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 10:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And yet here you are defending a version of it which is at best tenuously expressed in scripture and which describes our Lord as cruel and torturing rather than righteous.
    No, I'm saying that I believe God will be just in his judgement, and yes there will be judgement, or do you question this as well?

As for what that judgement is, that is up to God, not you or I.

Scripture warns us that judgement may be harsh, but at the end of the day sin and rebellion will be thrown into hell forever.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 10:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What does this mean?

You know exactly what people are "outraged" about don't you, so why don't you stop prevaricating and say exactly what you think instead of shoehorning.
    What does seperation from God mean?

It means being seperated from a God of life, of love, and of hope. This means having an existence devoid of life, of love, and of hope.

I reckon you think this could possibly be "good" in any way. I reckon you think God should support their continued rebellion and sin in creation. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of it.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 10:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Let's hope that people who disagree with your analysis are not inhibited in any way by you trying to dismiss and brand them as "haters". Zionism is a political ideology.

I would count myself as an opponent of Zionism, for what it's worth, but I do not "hate" Zionists and I certainly do not see any link between my political opinions about the post-WW2 era in ...[text shortened]... land in question does not strike me as having validity in a multi-faith and multi-ethnic region.
    The bottom line is that Jews have been singled out over the centuries for various things. Once they were singled out because they rejected Jesus as their Messiah. Today they are singled out across the world because of negative views of Zionism, in addition to continued negative views in general of Jews passed down over the centuries.

If it were not for zionism or the fact that they rejected Jesus as Messiah, the hate would still linger and be something something else.

Now that we have established that you are an opponent of Zionism, what should be done with them in the next life due to their perceived injustices? Should God just let it go, or do you think he should demand justice in any way?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 11:47
    If everyone will have the same fate after death, then why not eat, drink, and be merry and forget about God and our faith in him?
    If god would assure you you would get into heaven no matter what you did here on earth would that mean you would drastically change your lifestyle and start doing a lot more stuff you currently regard as "sinful"?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 12:40
    No, I'm saying that I believe God will be just in his judgement, and yes there will be judgement, or do you question this as well?

As for what that judgement is, that is up to God, not you or I.

Scripture warns us that judgement may be harsh, but at the end of the day sin and rebellion will be thrown into hell forever.
    I've never questioned that there will be judgement - I think you are deflecting from the point of what YOU think that the outcome of that judgement will be.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 12:42
    What does seperation from God mean?
    It means being seperated from a God of life, of love, and of hope. This means having an existence devoid of life, of love, and of hope.
    I reckon you think this could possibly be "good" in any way. I reckon you think God should support their continued rebellion and sin in creation. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of it.
    What makes you 'reckon' I think that?

I'm not convinced "being separated from God" is a Biblical term - could you provide scripture please?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree