1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 12:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now that we have established that you are an opponent of Zionism, what should be done with them in the next life due to their perceived injustices? Should God just let it go, or do you think he should demand justice in any way?
    What "next life"?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 12:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've never questioned that there will be judgement - I think you are deflecting from the point of what YOU think that the outcome of that judgement will be.
    So if there is judgement then there is punishment.

Correct?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 14:16
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    If god would assure you you would get into heaven no matter what you did here on earth would that mean you would drastically change your lifestyle and start doing a lot more stuff you currently regard as "sinful"?
    I think the motivating force for me is my love for Jesus.

With the realization that there is a hell, however, it brings humility. I realize my own depravity and that any righteousness that I might have comes directly from God.

Those that don't have love for God simply dismiss God entirely or they try to earn their salvation through good works.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 14:22
    As I've said, hell is referred to in the spiritual realm. Fire and brimstone are terms used to describe it, but I don't reckon you could use fire as we know it to actually burn a spirit.

I have no idea what it involves, and hope never to find out.
    I don't think it is an ordinary fire either, and I believe the bible teaches it does burn up spirit. It just may take longer.
    The bible teaches that even Satan will be turned to ashes, so anyone thrown in the Lake of fire or hell, will burn up and cease to exist, thus eternal separation from God.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 14:314 edits

With the realization that there is a hell, however, it brings humility. I realize my own depravity and that any righteousness that I might have comes directly from God.

Those that don't have love for God simply dismiss God entirely or they try to earn their salvation through good works.
    I would be very interested in finding out from you how much of this post are teachings of Christ.

Lets see. You say:
    - you love Jesus
    - those who dont love God .. try to earn their salvation through good works.

While nothing is wrong with the statement 'I love Jesus', something is sadly wrong when that statement is followed with the condemnation of the teachings of that very same Jesus you claimed to love. Jesus said:

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Did you read that?

YOUR LOVE FOR JESUS MUST BE DEMONSTRATED BY FOLLOWING OF HIS COMMANDMENTS.

Good works and following of Christ commandments are one and the same thing. How can you claim to love Jesus and with the same mouth condemn the good works Jesus commanded you to do?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 14:341 edit

Lol. WTF is it with you and your inability to answer a simple question?

Could you answer my question with a yes or no and an explanation for that yes or no, please.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 17:151 edit
    So if there is judgement then there is punishment.

Correct?
    And reward - why always on the negative?

Yes punishment - the second death...what's your point? Please make one.

Edit: are you a proponent of the doctrine of punishment by eternal burning in a lake of fire or not?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 17:20
    What makes you 'reckon' I think that?

I'm not convinced "being separated from God" is a Biblical term - could you provide scripture please?
    Bump for whodey
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 23:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I would be very interested in finding out from you how much of this post are teachings of Christ.

Lets see. You say:
    - you love Jesus

While nothing is wrong with the statement 'I love Jesus', something is sadly wrong when that statement is followed with the condemnation of t ...[text shortened]... ou claim to love Jesus and with the same mouth condemn the good works Jesus commanded you to do?
    I don't believe anybody is condemning the good works Jesus commanded us to do. The point is that one does not earn salvation by doing more good works than bad.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '14 23:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't believe anybody is condemning the good works Jesus commanded us to do. The point is that one does not earn salvation by doing more good works than bad.
    Im sure you realize that Christ said the opposite.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 00:11
    Im sure you realize that Christ said the opposite.
    Why are you so sure?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '14 01:57
    The bottom line is that Jews have been singled out over the centuries for various things. Once they were singled out because they rejected Jesus as their Messiah. Today they are singled out across the world because of negative views of Zionism, in addition to continued negative views in general of Jews passed down over the centuries.
    What do "negative views in general of Jews passed down over the centuries" have to do with me? What does this have to do with your ideology of "eternal torture" for people who disagree with you?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 01:25

Lets see. You say:
    - you love Jesus

While nothing is wrong with the statement 'I love Jesus', something is sadly wrong when that statement is followed with the condemnation of t ...[text shortened]... ou claim to love Jesus and with the same mouth condemn the good works Jesus commanded you to do?
    Which good works earn you eternal life? How many must you do? How many did the theif dying next to Jesus do before dying on the cross and going to heaven with Jesus?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Lol. WTF is it with you and your inability to answer a simple question?

Could you answer my question with a yes or no and an explanation for that yes or no, please.
    I did answer your question.

My love for Christ is what motivates me. However, I also have a healthy fear of transgressing because I see the destruction it causes in this life, not just the next life.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 01:35
    What makes you 'reckon' I think that?

I'm not convinced "being separated from God" is a Biblical term - could you provide scripture please?
    Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

What do you make of this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree